IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
schengen visa - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> schengen visa, pease advise/ suggest
veekay
post Feb 18 2010, 09:54 PM
Post #1

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 318

Dear friends
I shall be visiting my son in UK sometime in May this year. From there I wish to take a limited tour of Paris Switzerlan and back to London. I need to get a visa for UK and scenghen. I wish to know about schenghen visa. Since my first halt will be at Paris so do I need to apply for it in French embassy here and not Switzerland embassy or it does not matter wherever I apply?

Also, i wish to cover this travel by Euro rail and will be accompaniwed by my wife all along. Please also suggest how to manage my travel and hotel bookings and what and how to see in Switzerland and also Paris. How many days in Paris and how many days in Switzerland, would be good enough to cover important spots.

Please advise and shre your experiences and travel tips etc.

veekay
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rishii
post Feb 18 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,156

Veekay,

Since you are visiting UK and then plan to go by Eurorail, I would suggest you to get the visas from a travel agent like Thomas Cook or some known ones. They will manage your visas and hotel bookings too. Individual booking will be a costly affair. Also a 15-20 day tour by Eurorail will cover all these countries and places and will be more economical than just two places. Since you are visiting for the first time and plan to take Switzerland and France, I would suggest you to cover other places as well. Because the cost will not shoot up much. But you will be able to cover some most fantastic places. Try visiting Copenhagen, Vienna, Germany, Venice too. You will love these places too. Otherwise I think 2 days in Paris and 3 days in Switzerland should be enough. However it depends on your purpose of visit.

Can tell more on your further query.
+Quote Post
vasudev0409
post Feb 18 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 242

QUOTE(veekay @ Feb 18 2010, 05:24 PM) *

Dear friends
I shall be visiting my son in UK sometime in May this year. From there I wish to take a limited tour of Paris Switzerlan and back to London. I need to get a visa for UK and scenghen. I wish to know about schenghen visa. Since my first halt will be at Paris so do I need to apply for it in French embassy here and not Switzerland embassy or it does not matter wherever I apply?

Also, i wish to cover this travel by Euro rail and will be accompaniwed by my wife all along. Please also suggest how to manage my travel and hotel bookings and what and how to see in Switzerland and also Paris. How many days in Paris and how many days in Switzerland, would be good enough to cover important spots.

Please advise and shre your experiences and travel tips etc.

veekay

Veekay,

I would suggest you to book a package tour (by touring car).
The travelagent will supply all details regarding the Schengen visa.
I know from my connections in London that many packages are available to the mainland
(Paris, Venice, Rome, Geneve , Amsterdam and other cities)
A indivual trip will become very costly.

Obviously it will depend on the length of your tour which options
will be available. There are weekend tours, 5 day trips and longer.
The advantage of these tours is that you won't waste time in searching
interesting sites.

vasudev
+Quote Post
veekay
post Feb 19 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #4

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Thanks Rishi and Thanks Vasudev. Both of you suggest not to make individual bookings as it will turn out to be uneconomical. Yes that makes sense to me too. I shall keep these and other ideas like covering more places in mind when finalising my tour.

veekay
+Quote Post
Rishii
post Feb 19 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,156

You are welcome, Veekay

Also if your 7 day tour is going to cost, say, 1 lakh Rs Per Person, including the Air Tickets and Visas. Then a 15 day tour with these added attraction is not going to add up drastically. Because you say huge on the visa fees, lodging, food when you take a planned tour.

The travel agents get huge discounts for group bookings, which they pass on to us.
+Quote Post
veekay
post Feb 20 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #6

OurHFMite
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rishii @ Feb 19 2010, 05:58 PM) *

You are welcome, Veekay

Also if your 7 day tour is going to cost, say, 1 lakh Rs Per Person, including the Air Tickets and Visas. Then a 15 day tour with these added attraction is not going to add up drastically. Because you say huge on the visa fees, lodging, food when you take a planned tour.

The travel agents get huge discounts for group bookings, which they pass on to us.

yes Rishii , that makes sense. Thanks.

veekay
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2020 - 01:23 PM