IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Hello MANDARMANI, Goodbye DIGHA - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello MANDARMANI, Goodbye DIGHA, My views
dhamaka
post Oct 15 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 55

Mid August this year, I had been to Mandarmani (a newly discovered sea beach in southern West Bengal) with a group of friends.

Now, the obvious question would be - "How was the place?" I could write a lot on this, but to save you from the boredom of reading, here's a short audiovisual that says it all...about how/what I think of this place:

How to get there:
From Kolkata --- VidyaSagar Setu --- Kona Expressway --- Mumbai Road. Drive till Kolaghat and take the left turn (towards Digha). About 2 km before reaching Contai Town you will come across the newly built Contai Bypass Road. Take that road and drive down to a place called Chaulkhola. Turn left from there and follow the (extremely bumpy) village road (about 8km) - just follow the street signs till you hit the beach. Then it's a mindblowing 6km drive down the beach (see pic below).(IMG:http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7361/mandarmanidrivebeachcs2rj1.jpg)
VERY IMPORTANT: But I would strongly recommend you to reach here during the day because from around 5:30/6:00PM onwards (if not earlier), the sea starts proceeding due to high tide and covers this entire drivable area.

The total time taken to drive down from Kolkata to Mandarmani is approximately 3.5 hours.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 16 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 63

Superb pictures JB!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot.

Yes its a wonderful place 2 b in as lot of ppl who hv been there has given xcellent review.
+Quote Post
rdfan
post Oct 17 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #3

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 946

wonderful indeed!!!! Great info, thanks for sharing....
+Quote Post
lakshmi
post Oct 17 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #4

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 1,569

Nice photos Joydeep. Thanks for sharing

Lakshmi
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2020 - 08:38 PM