IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Facing problems with Radio OurHFM? - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Facing problems with Radio OurHFM?, Contact here
Admin
post Jun 17 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: TeamOurHFM
Member No.: 8

Dear Members,
If you are facing any problems while tuning to the radio please inform us immediately so that we can take necessary corrective measures.
Regards,
Admin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Admin
post Jun 24 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: TeamOurHFM
Member No.: 8

Dear Members,

We have got feedback of few instances where there has been a case of buffering or skip happening to listners while they are listening to the radio.

Please note Buffering issues mainly happen from a source broadcaster which almost certainly highlights the limitations of their own internet connection.
If their upstream speed is lower than the bitrate at which they are broadcasting
with - then buffering is likely to occur.As a result the listeners do suffer.

Whoever wants to be the RJ need to do the following if such feedback comes from the listeners -

a) Carry out a speed test on their own internet connection and come back with
the downstream and upstream speed results

b) Consider what other internet applications they are using whilst broadcasting.

Bottom line - if your internet connection is limited to an upstream speed - you
cannot broadcast at a bitrate equal to or higher than that upstream speed
without problems.

Also would request whenever listeners follow similar problems they should immediately post in this thread or pm the broadcaster in any of their chat IDs so that immediate action can be taken.

Regards,
Admin
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Jun 24 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #3

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 235

QUOTE(Admin @ Jun 24 2006, 05:52 AM) *

Dear Members,

We have got feedback of few instances where there has been a case of buffering or skip happening to listners while they are listening to the radio.

Please note Buffering issues mainly happen from a source broadcaster which almost certainly highlights the limitations of their own internet connection.
If their upstream speed is lower than the bitrate at which they are broadcasting
with - then buffering is likely to occur.As a result the listeners do suffer.

Whoever wants to be the RJ need to do the following if such feedback comes from the listeners -

a) Carry out a speed test on their own internet connection and come back with
the downstream and upstream speed results

b) Consider what other internet applications they are using whilst broadcasting.

Bottom line - if your internet connection is limited to an upstream speed - you
cannot broadcast at a bitrate equal to or higher than that upstream speed
without problems.

Also would request whenever listeners follow similar problems they should immediately post in this thread or pm the broadcaster in any of their chat IDs so that immediate action can be taken.

Regards,
Admin

If the assigned Bitrate of 32 Kbps is reduced to, say 16 Kbps, would the skipping of songs be avoided, in case, whether there is any traffic congestion or anything of this sort at the Broadcaster end ???
+Quote Post
JS
post Jun 25 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 63

QUOTE(nilanjan_lahiri @ Jun 24 2006, 02:17 PM) *

If the assigned Bitrate of 32 Kbps is reduced to, say 16 Kbps, would the skipping of songs be avoided, in case, whether there is any traffic congestion or anything of this sort at the Broadcaster end ???

Nilanjan I think yes.One can give a try by reducing the bitrate.
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Sep 15 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #5

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(Admin @ Jun 17 2006, 04:34 AM) *

Dear Members,
If you are facing any problems while tuning to the radio please inform us immediately so that we can take necessary corrective measures.
Regards,
Admin

Hi !!!
I have installed Winamp Version 5.24 in my PC, but, when I am trying to play the online radio by clicking on the Winamp logo, it's prompting me to save a file called "listen.pls"

Even if I save the file, I am not able to play the radio. Also, is the DSP Plugin of Winamp V 5.23 compatible with that of V 5.24 ?? If not, what would be the corresponding version of Plugin for the latest version ???

Kindly let me know.
+Quote Post
JS
post Sep 15 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 63

QUOTE(nilanjan_lahiri @ Sep 15 2006, 12:17 AM) *

Hi !!!
I have installed Winamp Version 5.24 in my PC, but, when I am trying to play the online radio by clicking on the Winamp logo, it's prompting me to save a file called "listen.pls"

Even if I save the file, I am not able to play the radio. Also, is the DSP Plugin of Winamp V 5.23 compatible with that of V 5.24 ?? If not, what would be the corresponding version of Plugin for the latest version ???

Kindly let me know.

Nilanjan for listening just downloading the Winamp and installing it is more than enough.Yes the DSP Plugin is compatible with 5.24.Hv u installed that?
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Sep 15 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #7

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Sep 14 2006, 06:50 PM) *

Nilanjan for listening just downloading the Winamp and installing it is more than enough.Yes the DSP Plugin is compatible with 5.24.Hv u installed that?

Yes.... that's installed as well.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2020 - 09:17 PM