IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
One of the great lyricist in bengali music - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> One of the great lyricist in bengali music
subhasish
post Jul 13 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #1

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 908

Dear friends,
Yesterday, 12th july was the birth anniversary of probably the greatest lyricist in bengali music , Pulok Bandopadhyay.He presented us with so many glittering melodies both in film & non-film section.I don't think any bangalee can ever forget the songs when he teamed with the great manna dey.Whenever they came together , history was created.Do you know that R.D Burman recorded his first song in bengali for his lyrics.The singer was Lata Mangeshkar.

I was really expecting a tribute from OURHFM on this special day, but that didn't happen.OK! although i am requesting the team of this forum to present a programme around him in the near future.I am sure that not only bangalees but non- bangalees will also enjoy those songs.....thank you......
..........subhasish......
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Admin
post Jul 13 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: TeamOurHFM
Member No.: 8

QUOTE(subhasish @ Jul 13 2006, 01:14 PM) *

Dear friends,
Yesterday, 12th july was the birth anniversary of probably the greatest lyricist in bengali music , Pulok Bandopadhyay.He presented us with so many glittering melodies both in film & non-film section.I don't think any bangalee can ever forget the songs when he teamed with the great manna dey.Whenever they came together , history was created.Do you know that R.D Burman recorded his first song in bengali for his lyrics.The singer was Lata Mangeshkar.

I was really expecting a tribute from OURHFM on this special day, but that didn't happen.OK! although i am requesting the team of this forum to present a programme around him in the near future.I am sure that not only bangalees but non- bangalees will also enjoy those songs.....thank you......
..........subhasish......

Dear Subhasish,
Thank you for this information.
Its not possible always to remember all birth and death anniversaries of all the legends in HFM.We are still trying to update our database on a regular basis.

A tribute could have been given by any interested member on this great occassion as we have Radio OurHFM which could have been best used for the occassion.As the Radio can be played by a single individual we request you to present a nice programme on Mr.Pulok Bandopadhyay as per your convenience.If any other members are interested they also can join you.
Please revert back if you need any assistance regarding the Radio.
Regards,
Admin
+Quote Post
subhasish
post Jul 13 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #3

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(Admin @ Jul 13 2006, 01:32 PM) *

Dear Subhasish,
Thank you for this information.
Its not possible always to remember all birth and death anniversaries of all the legends in HFM.We are still trying to update our database on a regular basis.

A tribute could have been given by any interested member on this great occassion as we have Radio OurHFM which could have been best used for the occassion.As the Radio can be played by a single individual we request you to present a nice programme on Mr.Pulok Bandopadhyay as per your convenience.If any other members are interested they also can join you.
Please revert back if you need any assistance regarding the Radio.
Regards,
Admin

Dear admin,
Can you tell me that how can i present a programme..i mean the process...subhasish...
+Quote Post
Admin
post Jul 13 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE(subhasish @ Jul 13 2006, 02:47 PM) *

Dear admin,
Can you tell me that how can i present a programme..i mean the process...subhasish...

Dear Subhasish,
Check this thread.Its self explanatory.
http://www.ourhfm.com/index.php?showtopic=3090
Regards,
Admin
+Quote Post
dhamaka
post Jul 13 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 55

Dear Subhasish,

Since you seem to be an ardent fan of the great lyricist Pulak Bandyopadhyay, I'm sure you have most of his songs. It would be a real treat if you could play them for us on the radio. Like you said, not only Bangalis, but even non-Bengalis would LOVE them - that's for sure (who wouldn't?). Anyone who doesn't like his songs, is incapable of appreciating any form of music - that's what I feel.
+Quote Post
hirok
post Jul 13 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #6

Members
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 530

Dear Subhasish
First of all my apology to miss Pulak Bandopadhyay's Birthday. Admin this again proved the necessity of an anniversary calendar. I earnestly request you to come up with your program. As you might know , tomorrow is Roshan shaab's BDay.I am working on it for a program at 10PM (IST) onwards. I ll try to come up with a Tribute to Pulak Bandopadhyay this week end.

Eagerly waiting for your program and sincere Thanks for reminding us. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)

Regards

Hirok
+Quote Post
Admin
post Jul 13 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #7

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE(hirok @ Jul 13 2006, 07:20 PM) *

Admin this again proved the necessity of an anniversary calendar. I earnestly request you to come up with your program. Eagerly waiting for your program and sincere Thanks for reminding us. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)

Regards

Hirok

Dear Hirok,
To make an anniversary calendar we do need inputs from the concerned members as the number of artists is quite high.Can you please initiate a discussion on this in the Moderator sub-forum so that we can quickly accumulate all the dates which will help us to make a formal calendar.
Regards,
Admin
+Quote Post
hirok
post Jul 13 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #8

Members
Group Icon

QUOTE(Admin @ Jul 13 2006, 08:44 PM) *

Dear Hirok,
To make an anniversary calendar we do need inputs from the concerned members as the number of artists is quite high.Can you please initiate a discussion on this in the Moderator sub-forum so that we can quickly accumulate all the dates which will help us to make a formal calendar.
Regards,
Admin

Sure Admin...I ll.

Regards

Hirok
+Quote Post
subhasish
post Jul 13 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #9

OurHFMites
Group Icon

[quote name='hirok' date='Jul 13 2006, 07:20 PM' post='44254']
Dear Subhasish
First of all my apology to miss Pulak Bandopadhyay's Birthday. Admin this again proved the necessity of an anniversary calendar. I earnestly request you to come up with your program. As you might know , tomorrow is Roshan shaab's BDay.I am working on it for a program at 10PM (IST) onwards. I ll try to come up with a Tribute to Pulak Bandopadhyay this week end.

Eagerly waiting for your program and sincere Thanks for reminding us. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)

Regards

Hirok
[/quote

Certainly. tomorrow 8-10 P.M.
subhasish
+Quote Post
hirok
post Jul 15 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #10

Members
Group Icon

Subhasish

A small correction...12th July is not the Birth anniversary of Pulak Banerjee.
The info which I am getting from his autobiography is ...his BDay was on 2nd May 1931. Probably 12th July he left us after that tragic accident. I will confirm the date later.

Hirok
+Quote Post
hirok
post Jul 16 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #11

Members
Group Icon

Yes Pulak Banerjee left us on 12th.

Hirok
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2020 - 09:52 PM