IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
HameiN tumse pyar kitna - Parween Sultana - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HameiN tumse pyar kitna - Parween Sultana
sujoysur
post Mar 27 2006, 06:29 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Member
Member No.: 695

Everyone has heard the Kishore Kumar version, the Abhijeet remake and the Kumar Shanu butchery. Hopefully we have not heard to many remixes of this song.

How many of us knew that there was a female version sung in classical mode by Parween Sultana in the film?

In this forum... I would guess almost everyone because everyone is extremely knowledgeable about music... but in general I would say very few people.

If you don't have a decent quality version on your computer download the one below. If you like Kishore's version better you should still download because the stanzas are different. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/tongue.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ajay
post Mar 27 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 133

thanx sujoysur
+Quote Post
u22v
post Mar 27 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 182

QUOTE(sujoysur @ Mar 27 2006, 06:29 AM) *

Everyone has heard the Kishore Kumar version, the Abhijeet remake and the Kumar Shanu butchery. Hopefully we have not heard to many remixes of this song.

How many of us knew that there was a female version sung in classical mode by Parween Sultana in the film?

In this forum... I would guess almost everyone because everyone is extremely knowledgeable about music... but in general I would say very few people.

If you don't have a decent quality version on your computer download the one below. If you like Kishore's version better you should still download because the stanzas are different. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/tongue.gif)

There was also a version by Asha Bhosle! A part of it is in a cassette/CD titled "Kasak"
+Quote Post
mantu
post Mar 27 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #4

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 155

Thanks Sujoysur.
+Quote Post
sujoysur
post Mar 28 2006, 01:58 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(u22v @ Mar 27 2006, 05:53 PM) *

There was also a version by Asha Bhosle! A part of it is in a cassette/CD titled "Kasak"

You are absoultely right. As much as I admire and respect Ashaji, I don't think she should have sung that song for her "tribute" album.

No offence meant to anyone. This is just my own humble opinion.
+Quote Post
indydave
post Mar 28 2006, 03:40 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 250

I do like Kishore's version the best, and I have been unfortunate enough to subject myself to Kumar Sanu's travesty - thanks for this version; didn't know it existed!

Indydave
+Quote Post
indranil
post Mar 30 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #7

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 532

Begum Parween Sultana actually got her Filmfare Award as well as the National Award for this song - I cannot really compare this version with Kishore's or even my favourite Asha tai's. She is one of those rare classical singers or singers per se who sing in C-sharp scale.

This is in fact a classical gem and only classical connoisseurs can enjoy this version sung in a thumri style.

Kishore's version was more in the romantic mould - Asha tai did not sing it for "Kasak"- in fact Asha tai's version was in the movie - Priya Rajvansh was humming tai's version.

Indranil
+Quote Post
indydave
post Mar 31 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(indranil @ Mar 29 2006, 11:10 PM) *

Begum Parween Sultana actually got her Filmfare Award as well as the National Award for this song - I cannot really compare this version with Kishore's or even my favourite Asha tai's. She is one of those rare classical singers or singers per se who sing in C-sharp scale.

This is in fact a classical gem and only classical connoisseurs can enjoy this version sung in a thumri style.

Kishore's version was more in the romantic mould - Asha tai did not sing it for "Kasak"- in fact Asha tai's version was in the movie - Priya Rajvansh was humming tai's version.

Indranil

Hi Indranil,

I am not a classical music connoisseur, but I totally agree with your statement - the beauty in Parveen Sultana's rendition is of a different variety (I'm not sure I can pinpoint it in words!) that is not entirely derivative of the timbre/harmonic content of the voice of the singer,

Indydave
+Quote Post
sujoysur
post Mar 31 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Indranil... I haven't heard Ashaji's original version for Kudrat only the later tribute volume. I would be immensely grateful if you could share it since it is hard to find nowadays.

Otherwise I'll get it off of DVD.
+Quote Post
indranil
post Apr 1 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #10

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 532

Hi Sujoy......

Here it is............

Indranil
+Quote Post
sujoysur
post Apr 2 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(indranil @ Apr 1 2006, 07:22 PM) *

Hi Sujoy......

Here it is............

Indranil

(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)

What an excellent piece and impressive recording too. Thank you very much Indranil.
+Quote Post
hirok
post Apr 2 2006, 01:12 AM
Post #12

Members
Group Icon

Member No.: 530

Thank you Indranil & Sujoy (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/happy.gif)

Hirok
+Quote Post
pgpstudent
post Apr 2 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 79

QUOTE(indranil @ Mar 30 2006, 04:10 AM) *

Indranil

Thanks Indranil bhai for the Asha-tai version - haven't come across it outside the movie.
I remember the Parveen Sultana one is filmed on Aruna Irani.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Apr 3 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 524

QUOTE(sujoysur @ Mar 27 2006, 06:29 AM) *

female version sung in classical mode by Parween Sultana

pure heaven brought down on earth

Rgds
A
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Apr 10 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #15

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 235

QUOTE(sujoysur @ Mar 27 2006, 12:59 AM) *

Thanks A Lot to both of you !!!

Have been looking for these two songs for quite a long time !!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)
+Quote Post
OMkar
post Dec 31 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #16

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 947

QUOTE(indranil @ Mar 30 2006, 04:10 AM) *

Indranil

Sorry for the late reply. But you are right Indranilji. We cant compare these song with each other. I have this song but ripped from the cassette. Can anyone please upload this song again, if possible LP Rip? Its my fav song (sung by Parveen Sultanaji, beautiful variations she has taken in the song)

OMkar
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th November 2019 - 09:33 AM