IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
War Declared Between Romee Win and G. Kartikeya! - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> War Declared Between Romee Win and G. Kartikeya!, Come! Join the War (on one side, not both)!
G. Kartikeya
post Sep 25 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #1

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 1,142

NEWS FLASH!!

War flares up! KK bone of contention

From Our War Correspondent

New Delhi, September 24: War broke out today between the forces of the Young Musketeer Romee Win and the Old Horse G. Kartikeya over the raging issue of whether Kishore Kumar sang better in the days of S. D. Burman or in the post-Aradhana days of R. D. Burman!

Mr Kartikeya leading a Black Night army told this correspondent that the only way to settle the issue seems to be to fight it out on the warfield. '' I am all for peace,'' he said, ''but what I can do if Mr Romee is not even ready to listen to my arguments about why Kishore Kumar of Half Ticket, Nai Delhi, Naya Andaz, Chalati Ka Naam Gadi, and so on, is far far better than in the R. D. burman days of Kati Patang, Mehbooba, and so on?''

Mr Kartikeya fears an attack tonight by the White forces led by Mr Romee. ''But we are prepared for any type of attack, whether it comes from King's side or Queen's side,'' he asserted. Mr Romee, it is confirmed from our reliable sources, threatened Mr Kartikeya today in the afternoon that he will launch a crushing attack tonight around 9 pm.

No peace brokers are in sight yet. But that is simply because nobody knew the war being afoot...

However, considering the big fan-following R. D. Burman enjoys in this forum, the war of wits might prove tough for Mr Kartikeya.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chess Game No 1: White- Romee Win Black- G. Kartikeya

Message from Mr G. Kartikeya to Mr Romee Win

Dear Romee,

Conditional moves

If your first move is 1. e-4 then my move is 1. ... e-6

Then if 2. d-4 then my move will be 2. .... d-5 3. ???

With best luck

G. Kartikeya (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
indydave
post Sep 25 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 250

Highly interesting war, lage rahon, mere Kishore-premiyon ... (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/ph34r.gif)

I don't think I could take either side of this argument, for I have strong preferences for both the Kishores of the pre Aradhana and post Aradhana. My resolve starts to weaken slightly only after 1985 ...

As such, I will become the self-appointed moderator of this duel, and make sure that all play is fair! (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/wink.gif)

Heh, heh, heh, let the games begin!
Indydave
+Quote Post
romee_win
post Sep 25 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #3

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

QUOTE(indydave @ Sep 25 2006, 02:23 PM) *

Highly interesting war, lage rahon, mere Kishore-premiyon ... (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/ph34r.gif)

I don't think I could take either side of this argument, for I have strong preferences for both the Kishores of the pre Aradhana and post Aradhana. My resolve starts to weaken slightly only after 1985 ...

As such, I will become the self-appointed moderator of this duel, and make sure that all play is fair! (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/wink.gif)

Indydave

Hi Indy,

We have started our war yesterday...

and everybody of us in invited to take either side.

any way I think I be will needing more of help, so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me

I have bought all my chess software with me heheheheheh(Dont tell this to Mr. GK (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/tongue.gif) )

Well Mr GK here is my first and favourite move (as of Vishy too!!!)

Jai Vishy!!! Jai Kasparov!!! Jai Karpov!!!

I need all there wishes

1. e4

-Romee
+Quote Post
hirok
post Sep 25 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #4

Members
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 530

QUOTE(romee_win @ Sep 25 2006, 09:14 PM) *

Hi Indy,

I have bought all my chess software with me heheheheheh(Dont tell this to Mr. GK (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/tongue.gif) )

I need all there wishes

1. e4 (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/laugh.gif)

-Romee

mein kahan byathoon ?(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) ....maidan mein ya self-appointed moderator Indy ke peeche (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/biggrin.gif)

Hirok
+Quote Post
romee_win
post Sep 25 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #5

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(hirok @ Sep 25 2006, 03:52 PM) *

mein kahan byathoon ?(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) ....maidan mein ya self-appointed moderator Indy ke peeche (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/biggrin.gif)

Hirok

Yaar I need support......

(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/smile.gif)

Kartikayen jee to purane khiladi hain

Romee
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Sep 25 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #6

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(romee_win @ Sep 25 2006, 09:47 PM) *

Yaar I need support......

(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/smile.gif)

Kartikayen jee to purane khiladi hain

Romee

Dear Shri Hirok Ji,

The real issue is whose Kishore kumar is better, S. D. Burman's or R. D. Burman's? A musical wizard like you straight from the Bhadralok of Kolkata can have no other choice but to side with the kishore Kumar-S. D. Burman combine! Let others go to that side, but we certainly want you with us... (Remember the souls of KK and SDB are watching you!)

G. Kartikeya (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Sep 25 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #7

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(romee_win @ Sep 25 2006, 09:14 PM) *

Hi Indy,

I need all there wishes

1. e4

-Romee

My Dear White Horse,

Who is this Vishy? And also who are these Kasparove and karpove chaps? Are they the names of your horses? If so why Jai Jai Jai of them and not you?

I have with me the open blessings of greatest chess players like Botvinic, Capablanca, Alekhine, and Nimzowitch. Ever even heard these names?

So you have started the promised agression with your King's own pawn. I sent my most trusted King's pawn to repulse and nip in the bud your evil intentions!

White (Romee Win) 1. e-4
Black (G. Kartikeya) 1. ....e-6

IF you now play 2. d-4 my 2nd move will be 2..... d-5

3. ??

If you play any other second move, I will play my move later.

I am a peace loving creature, and so I go for the French Defence, but don't underestimate the volcano that lies beneath every move of this clever defence!

And so to celebrate the Golden Era of Kishore Kumar's pre-Aradhana days, here is a wonderful song from the 1950s:

Film: Ada Music: Madan Mohan

With every winning move there will be one old gold song of Kishore Kumar!

G. Kartikeya (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
indydave
post Sep 25 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Just to clarify, I guess we are taking 1969 to be the dividing point of the battle. As such, we should probably not touch any of the songs that Kishore sang in that year, and they should not be used as weapons of mass justification - let them remain in the buffer zone.

GK, your arsenal covers equipment from 1947-1968
Romee, you can only select weapons that were made in 1970-1987.

While GK has a better choice of vintage, Romee will have a wider array of arms at his disposal. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/smile.gif)

So, now, Romee, it is your turn to retaliate!
Indydave

PS: I'm loving this!
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Sep 25 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #9

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(indydave @ Sep 25 2006, 07:53 PM) *

Indydave

Dear Indydave,

As the self-appointed moderator (who else will appoint you to such a coveted position!?) you must have already noticed how my poor opponent is going around requesting help from all sundry people here and there. This is highly objectionable and I wish to register my protest with you. ( and so what are you going to do about it now...I wonder)

By the way, do you have any training in moderating the tournament from the International Correspondence Chess federation (ICCF)? Only then you can appoint yourself like this (and that).

Well, I am, I must confess, sure about the success of this new thread with your first rushing to the battlefield even before the warring boys had reached!

G. Kartikeya (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blush.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blush.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blush.gif)
+Quote Post
indydave
post Sep 25 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Well, GK, this is the battlefield, where all tactics are fair, and so Romee soliciting help cannot be helped (a pun for you - you take it for what you want it to mean!). You are free to do the same (if you wish, although I don't think you will!), but at the end of the day, I wonder who is going to play the role of the judge. I am only moderating, not judging - let someone else risk their life with that! (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/tongue.gif)

No, I do not have any training from the ICCF, but since this is a metaphorical chess game, I am but a metaphorical moderator (hmm, has a bit of an alliterative ring, eh?) I rest my case on that! (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/smile.gif)

Anyway, the ball is in Romee's court now (we seem to be playing a good number of sports here!),

Indydave
+Quote Post
hirok
post Sep 26 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #11

Members
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 530

Hey bhagwan...kiss judh mein phasa diya (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/sad.gif)

Ab kyase choose karu...Aye Tum Yaad Mujhe behtaar hyan ya Chingari Koi Bhadkey. Tere Bina Zindegi Se sunne mein achha lagta hain ya Aye Mere Topi Palat Ke Aa. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blush.gif)

Indy zara moderator ke chair share karoge??? (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/tongue.gif)

Hirok

Duniya O Duniya, Tera Jawab Nehin.....
+Quote Post
JS
post Sep 26 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 63

Guru post Aradhana is just superbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb...................................

I prefer him in this era much much more than the pre Aradhana days.......reason being I think his voice matured with time and the deep baritone on thios RDB compositions sounds just heavenly.

Hands down post Aradhana days..

Romeee laage raho.....

MAIN HOO NAAA....
+Quote Post
romee_win
post Sep 26 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #13

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Sep 25 2006, 07:33 PM) *

Guru post Aradhana is just superbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb...................................

I prefer him in this era much much more than the pre Aradhana days.......reason being I think his voice matured with time and the deep baritone on thios RDB compositions sounds just heavenly.

Hands down post Aradhana days..

Romeee laage raho.....

MAIN HOO NAAA....

Bingo!!!

See Mr.GK here come my support, so be prepare for my next attack

1) e4 e6
2)d4 ??

Romee
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Sep 26 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #14

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(romee_win @ Sep 26 2006, 10:37 AM) *

Bingo!!!

See Mr.GK here come my support, so be prepare for my next attack

1) e4 e6
2)d4 ??
Romee

My Dear Romee LOSS,

Sure in JS Babu you have a great warrior- a Maha Rathi with you - but the Bhishmacharyas and the Dronacharyas in this modern Mahabharata War of ours - are surprisingly on the side of truth, that is, on my side. However, they have forbidden me from revealing their names just now!!

And of course, the Sri Krishna of this cyberworld, Mr Indydave has already declared himself to be a self-appointed moderator and it was I who first sought his blessings. So whatever he may say he is also with me... And our Hirok Babu, you have read his message. That tells everything in my favour.

NOW TO THE WAR FRONT...

1) e4 e6
2) d4 d5
3) ??

I think you fear me so much that you are not even reading my post completely! I had given the conditional move already to save time.

So to humour you, here is Kishore Kumar's heavenly song from the S. D. Burman era!! Enjoy it!

Film Mr X in Bombay
Music LP
Singer Kishore Kumar

G. Kartikeya

Sarsenapati of the Forces of S. D. Burman Brigade (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/mellow.gif)
+Quote Post
romee_win
post Sep 27 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #15

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(G. Kartikeya @ Sep 26 2006, 02:08 PM) *

My Dear Romee LOSS,

Sure in JS Babu you have a great warrior- a Maha Rathi with you - but the Bhishmacharyas and the Dronacharyas in this modern Mahabharata War of ours - are surprisingly on the side of truth, that is, on my side. However, they have forbidden me from revealing their names just now!!

And of course, the Sri Krishna of this cyberworld, Mr Indydave has already declared himself to be a self-appointed moderator and it was I who first sought his blessings. So whatever he may say he is also with me... And our Hirok Babu, you have read his message. That tells everything in my favour.

NOW TO THE WAR FRONT...

1) e4 e6
2) d4 d5
3) ??

I think you fear me so much that you are not even reading my post completely! I had given the conditional move already to save time.

So to humour you, here is Kishore Kumar's heavenly song from the S. D. Burman era!! Enjoy it!

Film Mr X in Bombay
Music LP
Singer Kishore Kumar

G. Kartikeya

Sarsenapati of the Forces of S. D. Burman Brigade (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/mellow.gif)

Sir game is definately turning to French Defence (classical) variation

my next move is

1) e4 e6
2) d4 d5
3) Nc3 ??

Romee
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Sep 27 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #16

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(romee_win @ Sep 27 2006, 10:18 PM) *

Sir game is definately turning to French Defence (classical) variation

my next move is

1) e4 e6
2) d4 d5
3) Nc3 ??

Romee

Dear Romee LOSS,

It is not turning, it is actually French Defence! Here comes my dashing Bishop of the King to pin your Knight of the Queen and ultimately throttle him...

2. d4 d5
3. Nc3 Bb4
4. ??

G. Kartikeya
+Quote Post
romee_win
post Sep 28 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #17

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(G. Kartikeya @ Sep 27 2006, 05:16 PM) *

Dear Romee LOSS,

It is not turning, it is actually French Defence! Here comes my dashing Bishop of the King to pin your Knight of the Queen and ultimately throttle him...

2. d4 d5
3. Nc3 Bb4
4. ??

G. Kartikeya

1. e4 e6
2. d4 d5
3. Nc3 Bb4
4. e5 ??
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Sep 28 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #18

OurHFMites
Group Icon

WAR ENTERS THIRD DAY

Romee Loss Already on Defencive

Our War Correspondent From the Battlefield
(Somewhere near Bollywood)

After the deadly pin of his Queen's Knight by Kartikeya's Black Bishop, the White forces had to suffer the ignomity today of pushing their King's unfortunate pawn right in the lap of Black's daredevils!

''We will change this aggressor's, this war monger's name from Romee Win to Romee LOSS and ROMEE WHO!?'' G. Kartikeya, the Chief of Black Army of KK-SDB Brigade, roared today to the delight of his fighting forces. Unlike Mr Romee Win who has immersed himself in chess books and playing by proxy with chess software (supplied by a so called self-appointed moderator from USA), Mr Kartikeya is employing his own gray cells to outwit his young opponent. ''Let Romee take help from anybody and everybody. That will only confuse him and he will finally lose the war,'' said a confident Kartikeya. Luckily for Mr Kartikeya, the stalwarts and staunch supporters of Romee Win from Kolkata are busy with Durga Pooja and Deepawali and so are not able to help him. However, if Mr Romee survives for next five-six moves the Bengal Tigers may jump directly in the fray and that may prove bad for Kartikeya's forces.

A good news came today came from London to cheer up Kartikeya's forces. An ardent fan of Geeta Dutt has promised Mr Kartikeya to make available all KK-Geeta Dutt duets from the Golden Era for which there will be no match from the KK-RDB camp.

While the forces are busy fighting a hand-to-hand battle for the control of central four-squares it will be interesting to watch Mr Kartikeya's next cunning move tomorrow.

(22.32 Night Time)
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Oct 2 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #19

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Ceasefire over! Kartikeya's forces on the offensive!

After the two day undeclared ceasefire on the occasion of Durga pooja and Vijayadashmi, the Black forces of G. Kartikeya today at night (23.40 pm) launched a right-flank attack in the classical Botvinic style. It is recalled that Botvinic, the former world champion loved this move and often employed it with grat success. Like Botvinic Mr G. Kartikeya is also electrical engineer and is known to give shock treatment to enemy forces in chess battles all over the world.

The chess war between Romee Win and Kartikeya now stands as below:

1. e4 e6
2. d4 d5
3. Nc3 Bb5
4. e5 c5
5. ???

The next move will be from Master Romee.

G. Kartikeya
+Quote Post
romee_win
post Oct 3 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #20

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(G. Kartikeya @ Oct 2 2006, 06:22 PM) *

Ceasefire over! Kartikeya's forces on the offensive!

After the two day undeclared ceasefire on the occasion of Durga pooja and Vijayadashmi, the Black forces of G. Kartikeya today at night (23.40 pm) launched a right-flank attack in the classical Botvinic style. It is recalled that Botvinic, the former world champion loved this move and often employed it with grat success. Like Botvinic Mr G. Kartikeya is also electrical engineer and is known to give shock treatment to enemy forces in chess battles all over the world.

The chess war between Romee Win and Kartikeya now stands as below:

1. e4 e6
2. d4 d5
3. Nc3 Bb5
4. e5 c5
5. ???

The next move will be from Master Romee.

G. Kartikeya

Who is asking for Mr. Botvinic, capablanka,staneiz....

There time is over now, its time for Kraminic, Vishy , Kasparov,Tapolov......

So sir I think battle wil turning to be fierce one, I think u must be thinking about my next move.

And I know u r making me to loss my tempo, hehehehehehehehehehe

So I m thinking my next move.....

Romee
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2020 - 06:45 AM