IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Indian Cricket - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Indian Cricket, whats next???????????
JS
post Oct 30 2006, 01:07 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 63

Guys,
Well the same continues......and its even worse now.The Headmaster "Sir Greg" with his dedicated disciple "The Wall Rahul" still ruling the roost & God knows where we r heading 2.
Check this link.....
http://www.firegregchappell.com/index.asp

Lets keep discussing.......as where do we go from now?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ARDENT
post Oct 30 2006, 01:40 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,190

Dear JS,

Good Thread to start . I am feeling so sad after watching the match .good ? put by you . Where does this leads to .

Its sad and Bad that we are out of the ICC cup. Whom to blame where should we start i have no clue i find each and every player is to be blamed .

there should be done some changes in this current team .

Thats all i can say.

ARDENT
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Oct 30 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #3

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 235

QUOTE(JS @ Oct 30 2006, 01:07 AM) *

Guys,
Well the same continues......and its even worse now.The Headmaster "Sir Greg" with his dedicated disciple "The Wall Rahul" still ruling the roost & God knows where we r heading 2.
Check this link.....
http://www.firegregchappell.com/index.asp

Lets keep discussing.......as where do we go from now?

It's indeed a great pleasure to see someone has initiated the topic which I was planning to..... Here are my views, why DADA should be the captain of India. (I can foresee the whole India shouting for Dada once again) ---

1) Sourav’s baiters have been harping about his poor batting record over the past few matches. But they are missing one point. Sourav, like England’s Mike Brearley or Nasser Hussain is in the team because of his leadership qualities. In any case Sourav is no slouch with the bat. Unlike Brearley, whose Test batting average was under 23 or Hussain whose Test average was 37, Sourav’s average is nearly 41. In the 2003-04 series against Australia, Sourav’s century at Brisbane set the tone for one of the best performance by India in an away series. Of course Sourav’s critics will point out that he is no Brearley. May be not, but it is undeniable that he has brought the killer instinct to the Indian team that was sorely lacking. Who can forget how Sourav riled Steve Waugh by repeatedly turning up late for the toss in the 2000-01 series? Not only did Sourav gain a psychological edge over Waugh, but India also went to win a riveting series.

2) Then comes TINA factor, (There Is No Alternative). This is more applicable in Indian politics and Indian cricket leadership. Deputy Rahul Dravid is supposed to be the captain in waiting. Mr. Dependable is inarguably the Country’s most technically proficient batsman. But whenever he leads India, his batting nosedives. Consider this. In Tests, as a player he averages 60.46, as a skipper his average 17.25. In one-dayers, as a player he averages 40.22, as a skipper 29.22. Dravid is Team India’s best batsman. Why burden him with Captaincy?

3) Every captain goes through a bad patch: only two jobs are of any consequence in India. The Prime Minister’s and Cricket Captain’s. The Cricket Captain has a high pressure, media intrusive job. No wonder every Indian skipper goes through a bad phase. Azharuddin being a prime example. It’s no different abroad. Take for example Michael Vaughan, England’s highly successful skipper, as a player in Test his average is 50.98, as a captain it is down to 35.94, lower than even Ganguly’s 37.03. All batsmen go through bad patches. Sir Don Bradman was the only exception. Even Rahul Dravid has gone through this phase. In 1999-00 during a 13-month period he went through 16 innings without a fifty.

4) Sourav is the Master of sub-continental captaincy. Being India’s skipper requires a different set of skills than say captaining Australia or New Zealand. Teams in the past have suffered due to stormy ego clashes. Ganguly may not be great in making field placements, marshalling bowling changes or chalking out strategies. But he is an expert in “Man Management”. Words such as ‘Groups’ and ‘Camps’ have vanished from the Indian dressing room. That is why we saw the name “Team India” because in Ganguly’s era there is no in-fighting.

5) The other great asset of Sourav is that he has risen over parochial interests and backed players on their talent. That is indeed revolutionary when compared to the policies of the past skippers who made no bones about picking their favourites. Mhendra Singh Dhoni, from Jharkhand, Kaif from Uttar Pradesh, but they are all equal in Ganguly’s eye. The only thing he believes in is talent. Yuvraj Singh, Kaif, Sehwag, Irfan Pathan, Sanjay Bangar, Murali Kartik, Harbhajan Singh, Dinesh Mongia, Parthiv Patel, Zaheer Khan, Dinesh Kartik, Dhoni, Balaji, Nehra all have done India proud because Sourav have backed them through thick and thin. Even Players like Srinath gave his best while coming back to limited overs cricket under Sourav Ganguly.

Cricket fans and sports writers must learn to be less reactionary in their judgments. Going through the above five points I think that Sourav is still the best person to lead India.

---- More coming up !!!
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 30 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Nilanjan......

1stly I do think that at any point at any given day Ganguly is a better captain than Rahul.There is no doubt in that.The body language,approach,man management,vigour,tactical changes Ganguly is comparatively much much better than what we hv seen in Rahul till date.But I dn't agree with u on the issue that Ganguly can b drafted in just on the basis of cptcny.Gone r those days of Mike Bearley.....now the cptn has 2 lead by example in order 2 gain respect from team mates as well as oposition plus it will do his own self confidence a world of good.So if some1 has 2 b chosen for the hot seat he shld b a performer......but yes he need nt hv 2 b the best performer.

2ndly ppl r saying let Ganguly 1st score consistently tons and tons of runs in domestic ckt.....then only there is a scope of him2 b discussed in the selection meeting.Ok agreed!But dn't the same pundits think this rule is applicable 2 all the players irrespective of their stature,contact levels in the team.Think abt Irfan,R.P.Singh,VRV,Kaif,Raina,Dravid himself(who is going thru a lean phase),Shewag...........dn't u guys think tht they shld also b tested and tried in the domestic circuit,perform and then b considered.If the saying is u r as good as ur last innings then what Ganguly played in his last Test match agnst Pakistan was exceptional.He did score 2 30odd runs innings but just consider the pressure with which he was batting,the conditions,the match situation and overall in both the ininngs he was the 2nd highest scorer for India.What did he get in return?He got unceremoniously dropped from the Test team also.Wah bhai Wah!!Different rules for different players.Players like Gambhir,Zaheer who r consistently performing in domesctic and county circuit doesn't deserve a place..........this is wht our selection process is all abt.

So coming 2 Ganguly now the condition on him is that score runs and then think of being discussed.Is it fair?A player with such a class,such a background need 2 prove his worth in domestic circuit when the natioanl side is in shambles and then can get considered 2 b discussed???Dn't these jokers think even that insted of putting the pressure on him 2 perform in domestic circuit lets use his experience in the international arena and give him a fair run?I am sure if this is done then Ganguly will play much freely and will come with flying colours proving his mettle in the side.Dn't forget the way he bowled in the Challengers and the Duleep match recntly.Also he was batting quite confidently in the 1st match before the unfortunate dismissal and 1 has seen the great pleasure in Rahul's face after his dismissal.So is this infighting,politics all 2 b blamed for these poor selections culminating 2 poor inconsistent performance by the national side?

Team Selection for SA Tour:

Now coming 2 team selection for the S.A. tour did u guys expect some sweeping changes?With a new chairman in place who has played more than 100 tests did u all expect?Not me but......and as usual the squad has been announced and see the changes for urself:
Ramesh Powar dropped - no reasons.Only reason can b SA wkts wld b fast.So?Do we expect that in the fast wkts our pace battery wld perform like anything?And all these years whats our strength?Spin or pace?
Kumble included - Great decision atlast! A team shld always hv a blend of xperience and youth.I wld love 2 see Laxman and Ganguly back also which will form a good blend in the 1day side.
Wasim Jaffer - included.Why?Is he a 1day player?Do u guys knw that the kind of serious injury he has on his right knee he is always susceptible 2 take the 1day pressure.Jaffer preferred over Gambir???????Good Lord!!
R.P.Singh out - he was always expected 2 b out & let him perform 1st consistently in domestic circuit.
VRV Singh & Dinesh Kartick in - Wah bhai wah!!!!!!!!!! Dinesh Kartick as 2nd wkt keeper for 5 one day matches??????Lol!!Can't Dravid keep wkts if needed and then 2nd wkt keeper cld b flown in?So this is done 2 please the South Zone selector?A genuine batting slot going 2 the whims of selector's preference and regional biasness.VRV cn't b left out.The thopthope alubhate(doesn't look like a sportsman) is a big favourite of Head Master Hitler.So he wld always b there for the sight seeings.
Including Zaheer Khan was expected as Gregi cannot keep him out any more after the recent stupendous performance of his pace battery.
+Quote Post
Praveen Jaiswal
post Oct 30 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,101

All Said and Done , i wish to say just one thing - If we want INDIA to really win this WORLD CUP , we need Saurav Ganguly. No way we can do without HIM .

We Miss You DADA ... (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/sad.gif)

Praveen

(IMG:http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_cricket/GANGULY_S_20020812_NF_T.jpg)
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 30 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

I am not focussed only on the WC.If u hv 2 b a consistent team like Australia u hv 2 perform in every series.But there is no 2nd thought that Sourav the player and the leader is sorely missed now.
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Oct 30 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #7

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Oct 30 2006, 06:30 PM) *

I am not focussed only on the WC.If u hv 2 b a consistent team like Australia u hv 2 perform in every series.But there is no 2nd thought that Sourav the player and the leader is sorely missed now.

Don't worry --- we are soon going to see this :----

(IMG:http://www.cricket-online.com/images/players/GANGULY_SOURAV_ODI_HOLDS_TROPHY.jpg)
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Nov 1 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #8

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

Hi Guys,
first of all a great contoversial topic, I am sure everyone has read today's news that greg may be on his way out after WC, apperently the knives in BCCI are already out for him. So what does that tell us about BCCI's char. itself. Now coming back to the original topic - there is no doubt about who is the better captain, rediff has done the poll and I think there is a overwelhming majority in (may be 9:1) in favour of Saurabh but lets not fool ourselves. As much as I would like to see Saurabh in the Indian team I know his carrier is finished, they(More and co.) will not let him come back. He was dropped without any reasons but now if they reinstate him they will be eating humble pie and will face immense humiliation but the other fact is also true that Saurabh is completly out of touch , his silken timing is gone, his reflexes are gone and he is not where he used to be. A captain with no form is bound to make mistakes to protect himself and become defensive while taking decision and that is not good for indian cricket. Dravid was never a captian material, he is too meek and as JS said we should not waste our best batsman by burdening him with indian team's captaincy. Saurabh was the best no doubt but lets move on, if he can regain his form even half of what he was he should get a place in teh team as kaif/Raina are nowadays doing nothing except for some good piece of fielding and catches. Shehvag is also out of form seems like he is getting even older than Dada. Now the biggest challenge is to bring back the rythem and the confidence into the team which has lost its way. Dada was a wonderful manager, his man management, kiddish enthusiasm and motivation was immense asset to the whole team and thats is why everyone formed that kind of bond in the team, We never saw dada doing a la - sachin as in sitting in one corner and listening to music or a la Azar as in aloof from the rest of teh team. Dada was alwyas watching the proceeding very very closely.

I though I am not going to praise dada - see what happens ( I guess we still miss him) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blink.gif)

To get going we definitely need Zaheer back, The fat bowlers have to put there act together. Pathan should decide first what he is a batsman or bowler if he keeps listening to Greg soon he will be out completely from teh team. All the batsman should feel tehre position is not secure including the almighty Sachin and Shehvag and lets build the team with a goal in mind. If Kaif, Raina, Mongia, Shevag keep on playing like this then dada should be given a fair chance as well. Right now I think our batsman are completely off they have to come back not one or 2 but all of them have to com ehandy when we need them the most. Lets hope things get better.

Will continue

regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Nov 1 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #9

OurHFMites
Group Icon

[quote name='banerjees' post='62754' date='Nov 1 2006, 01:10 AM']
Hi Guys,
first of all a great contoversial topic, I am sure everyone has read today's news that greg may be on his way out after WC, apperently the knives in BCCI are already out for him. So what does that tell us about BCCI's char. itself.
[/quote]

The success rate of Great Chappal after the West Indies series is 26% only. Somehow, I feel that Greg has been here in India to sabotage for Australia only. Under Dada's captaincy, India was the ONLY team that could compete with Australia. Though under Sourav India lost 11 matches to Australia out of 15, but India has given good fight against them. Greg did the "right" thing to degrade the team ---

1) Got rid of Dada.
2) Demoted Irfan Pathan from a pace bowler to a Swing bowler, who was often used to be compared with
Wasim Akram
3) Shown the door to Zaheer Khan, Balaji, Nehra, Lakshman, etc.
4) Retaining players like Sachin Tendulkar and Sehwag in the team who are not able to come out of their
series of flop shows.

[quote]
As much as I would like to see Saurabh in the Indian team I know his carrier is finished, they(More and co.) will not let him come back.
[/quote]

More's verdict hardly counts nowadays.

[quote]
but the other fact is also true that Saurabh is completly out of touch, his silken timing is gone, his reflexes are gone and he is not where he used to be. A captain with no form is bound to make mistakes to protect himself and become defensive while taking decision and that is not good for indian cricket.
[/quote]

Someone, who has scored 15,000 odd runs in the international arena and surmounted with this extent of pressure, his glorious deeds all being ignored and treated like a beggar...... that is bound to get reflected in his batting and overall performance.

[quote]
Pathan should decide first what he is a batsman or bowler if he keeps listening to Greg soon he will be out completely from the team.
[/quote]

Pathan can do nothing......no one has got the guts to raise his voice against Greg Hitler Chappell.
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Nov 1 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #10

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

well judging by the current trend it seems if Saurav scores some runs then his chances surely are great for a come back, but what disheartens me is that He failed miserably in the challengers and also in Duleep trophy match, and with different set of rules applicable for different players for selection into the Indian Team, it is verry difficult for DADA to get into their unless he scores some runs and also Team India continue with their downhill trend(Though I never want that to happen). There's no doubt that Greg Chappell has ruined our team composition. He treats the team members like school students of school and a personality like Saurav is highly misfit their, so he is out. and Suresh Raina is in.

Bapa
+Quote Post
JS
post Nov 2 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(bapa1967 @ Nov 1 2006, 08:41 PM) *

well judging by the current trend it seems if Saurav scores some runs then his chances surely are great for a come back, but what disheartens me is that He failed miserably in the challengers and also in Duleep trophy match,
Bapa

bapa I dn't agree with u tht Sourav failed miserably in these matches.
If u hv seen the 1st challenger match under inhuman pressure not only he was the best bowler but he started well while batting also.Dn't forget the crisp cover and square drives in his innings of 24odd.Its sheer bad luck that the square cut went straight 2 point.A couple of inches idhar udhar it wld hv raced 2 the fence & more eyebrows on Rahul's face.
In the 2nd match also he bowled very well but unfortunately got played down.....a typical Sourav dismissal down the years.But wht impressed me in both the innings was his feet was moving,middling the ball,and leaving balls just outside off.Also 1 shldn't forget those eyes full of concentration while batting.
In the Duleep match he was given a bad decision by the umpire.

Its just 3 matches gone.Plenty 2 go.....mark my words he will comeback.And there is no 2nd thought abt it.
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Nov 2 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #12

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Nov 2 2006, 12:49 AM) *

bapa I dn't agree with u tht Sourav failed miserably in these matches.
If u hv seen the 1st challenger match under inhuman pressure not only he was the best bowler but he started well while batting also.Dn't forget the crisp cover and square drives in his innings of 24odd.Its sheer bad luck that the square cut went straight 2 point.A couple of inches idhar udhar it wld hv raced 2 the fence & more eyebrows on Rahul's face.
In the 2nd match also he bowled very well but unfortunately got played down.....a typical Sourav dismissal down the years.But wht impressed me in both the innings was his feet was moving,middling the ball,and leaving balls just outside off.Also 1 shldn't forget those eyes full of concentration while batting.
In the Duleep match he was given a bad decision by the umpire.

Its just 3 matches gone.Plenty 2 go.....mark my words he will comeback.And there is no 2nd thought abt it.

Exactly Jayantda......

If you remember his batting in his last international match against Pakistan, he played THE BEST among all the Indian batsmen...... When all the other superstars of the Indian batting line up were dancing to the bouncers of the Pak bowlers, it was Dada only who played with full concentration and guts..... watched the ball till the very last moment, left those, whenever needed. Really unfortunate that he got out after playing such a compact innings. Might be the fact, he scored 37 and 38, but still, he could easily have converted those innings to centuries. And those innings earned a lot of accolades from the experts.

And what's most impressive about him is the zeal that he has been practising with nowadays..... hungry for runs as ever, and confident.

Let's hope for the best !!!!!!
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Nov 2 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #13

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Exactly Nilanjan, actually it was a big injustice and mistake to leave Saurav after the last Pakistan tour. He was batting superbly then. Also his confidence was very high then. Now with the passage of time and somewhat poor form with the bat (Failure in County, Challengers and Duleep) combining with constant ingnorance from the Selection comittee his confidence surely is affected though Iam sure the fighter that he is, He surely will make a comeback and Iam not saying this because he is a Bengali, but because he deserve a rightfull place in the Team India.

Bapa
+Quote Post
JS
post Nov 6 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Ganguly scores 100 against North Zone.He is batting on exactly 100.East Zzone 183/4
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Nov 6 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #15

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Nov 6 2006, 02:40 PM) *

Ganguly scores 100 against North Zone.He is batting on exactly 100.East Zzone 183/4

WHAT A NEWS DADA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/mellow.gif)
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Nov 6 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #16

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Saurav Making a Century and remaining not out at the end of the day. Great News. I wish him all the luck and success for the future

Bapa
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Nov 6 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #17

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(bapa1967 @ Nov 6 2006, 07:22 PM) *

Saurav Making a Century and remaining not out at the end of the day. Great News. I wish him all the luck and success for the future
Bapa

DADA 118 Not Out !!!!

Let's all pray together that he scores at least a Double Ton !!!
+Quote Post
JS
post Nov 7 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

As I kept saying repeatedly that Ganguly is just one stroke away from playing a big knock.And he proved it so.The zeal,the timing,the feet movement in the Challenger showed it all that he is keen.Also I dn't fancy much him scoring a double ton here though scoring a big hundred or a double wld always get his confidence going up.I will rather fancy him scoring couple of good knocks in the next few domestic matches as well.

U guys can also see that the body language of the media,the selectors,the Board has changed overnight after the team's repeated failure post WI series.Though ppl keep saying that Vengsarkar at the helm of affairs has a different perspective and its his words which is encouraging.........I dn't buy them.Its the present situation tht the team management is in they hv no choice but go back 2 experience b it Laxman or Gangs or Kumble.

WHtever fresh pair of legs u induct,one cannot ever replace a decade experience in international ckt.Can they?
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Nov 8 2006, 06:02 AM
Post #19

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

dada got out in 118 itself couldn't add to his overnight score and EZ collapsed at 295.

god new is :
South Africa tour last chance for Kaif and Raina and Saurav and Laxman in contention - SaysRaju (SZ selector)

Regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
JS
post Nov 23 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE(banerjees @ Nov 8 2006, 06:02 AM) *

dada got out in 118 itself couldn't add to his overnight score and EZ collapsed at 295.

god new is :
South Africa tour last chance for Kaif and Raina and Saurav and Laxman in contention - SaysRaju (SZ selector)

Regards
-Sanjib

Kaif - 8
Raina - 4
Dinesh -1

India tottering at 84/8 agaisnt SA score of 248.

So,now really whats next?
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2020 - 07:00 AM