IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Ganguly to quit after Aus Test series ! - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ganguly to quit after Aus Test series !, A Big shock !
Ganguly to retire !
Do you support Ganguly's decision . do you feel he didnt had any more cricket left in him ?
Yes he shd retire ! [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
No he shd not ! [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
cant say...... [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
shd have tried one more series [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
To max extent he shd be droped not retired. form is the only criteria to be in team not age ! [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
oye_sonu
post Oct 8 2008, 01:36 PM
Post #1

Contributor
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 219

Sorry Idont support Ganguly's decision. he had a great 2007 ( infact his best !!). then wat was the need to retire from test series?? if he is not performing well....drop him like you do others. why pressurise someone to retire??

Few years back when he didnt made lot of runs I wanted him to be droped. but after his gutsy Dream comeback..........I felt he still has lot of cricket left in him ! and he could have done alot.

If form is the criteria to retire. my Q to Selectors will be .

1) will they retire any bowler or Jung-rust(young) batsmen if he fails in one or two series.??
2) Did they acted similarly when these young toddlers failed again and again. did they pressurised them to retire for life ??

3) if form is the criteria why are other players like Dhoyi-nai, yuvraj , etc not retired after their failures in 1 series ??

This is disgusting !. Hayden is here, Ricky is here, Jaysuriya etc Other cric boards are not acting like our board . j(ust see wat happened to aussies when all their legends retired one after other. West Indies too had faced smaething when haynes greendige etc retired. )

infact many great legends like greenidge, desmond haynes, gatting, gooch, Richards, miadaad, etc all played till their late 30s. !!

I feel these 4 still have few years of cricket left in them.

Open to corrections

in lil hurry !

Sonu

Ganguly to quit after Aus Test series

This was a decision everyone knew was coming, but no one expected it to come when it eventually did.

Sourav Ganguly [Images] sent shockwaves throughout the country when he announced his decision to call it quits after the upcoming four-Test series against Australia [Images].

The decision, which comes just two days ahead of the high-profile series against Australia, beginning on Thursday, caught everyone by surprise.

* Ganguly has poor record against Australia

"This is going to be my last series, I have decided to quit," he told reporters in Bangalore on Thursday.

"I have told my team mates before coming here that this four-Test series would be my last. I thank everyone for the support they have given me. I hope I will end my career on a winning note," the former India captain added.

* Ganguly best, but no place in Rest

Ganguly was a surprise inclusion in the squad for the Australia series after being left out of the Rest of India team for the Irani Trophy match against Delhi [Images].

"Honestly, I didn't expect to be picked for this series," said the left-hand batsman, who aggregated less than 100 runs in the recent series against Sri Lanka [Images].

The 36-year-old Bengal stalwart, who staged a spectacular entry into Tests with a debut ton at Lord's in 1996, made a storming return to the five-day game in South Africa [Images] in late 2006 after losing his place earlier that year.

He amassed over 1100 runs, with 239 his career-best score against Pakistan in Bangalore in late 2007, at a fantastic average of 61.44 last year, which compares very favourably with his career average of 41.74 in 109 Tests.

He was unable to maintain that high in the current year, though he came up with important knocks, like the 87 against the visiting South Africans at Kanpur, that helped India level the three-Test rubber in April.

This, however, was followed by his poor run in Sri Lanka, where his best score was 35 in six innings.

Ganguly is among the few Indians who have played over 100 Tests but has a poor record against Australia, especially at home, where he averages only 27.35 in nine matches, with a best innings of 66.

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/oct/07gang.htm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Oct 8 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #2

Contributor
Group Icon

Are yaaro.........jaldbaazi mein maine galat poll optin daba dia.

Iam agianst his retirement so my vote is agianst his retirement !

Sonu
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 8 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 63

Sonu...

Knowing SG just wait for a while and let the series come 2 an end.Am sure there is more to read in the future as why he had to announce his retirement.Slowly we will come 2 know the evils of Indian cricket administration like Kiran More and team who r behind such vendatta to settle their personal scores with ppl with whom they didn't get along.

Its one the saddest day of Indian ckt that due 2 external forces by ppl who were not even half good 2 this FAB 4 or who has never ever lifted a bat in their hand (ppl like Srinivasan & all),our great heroes hv 2 leave in such manner.Its a real SHAME!!
+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Oct 8 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #4

Contributor
Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Oct 8 2008, 11:46 AM) *

Sonu...

Knowing SG just wait for a while and let the series come 2 an end.Am sure there is more to read in the future as why he had to announce his retirement.Slowly we will come 2 know the evils of Indian cricket administration like Kiran More and team who r behind such vendatta to settle their personal scores with ppl with whom they didn't get along.

Its one the saddest day of Indian ckt that due 2 external forces by ppl who were not even half good 2 this FAB 4 or who has never ever lifted a bat in their hand (ppl like Srinivasan & all),our great heroes hv 2 leave in such manner.Its a real SHAME!!

Jayant bhai I dont care for any player when it comes to INDIA. Any one who represents India shd be best. Iam not writing all this just coz of any senti mental attacment or nostaligic reasons for these 4.

IF SG was doing badly I would have been first to say that he shd be droped ! because its not abt my personal preferences.....India needs best..... thats how we will win. Infact last time we had discussion I had written that SG shd be droped. at tht time he was not getting runs. but he proved himself. So wats the point in forcing him to retire ??

Did these AH* checked his stats??
was every young toddler in great form in Sri lanka??. and wat abt Australian tour?? why those who failed in earlier tours are given chances and not retired like him?

you siad it very wwll......... let them come up with replacements....and then talk abt all this !

Sonu
+Quote Post
indydave
post Oct 9 2008, 03:44 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 250

I think Sourav has taken the right decision to retire, from a realistic viewpoint:

- Sourav has nothing more to prove on the world stage

- He is able to retire in a dignified manner (he is probably the best performer for India over the last calendar year), rather than being 'dropped owing to poor form' (put in quotes because that may or may not be true when that reason is cited by the board while dropping someone)

- I would not compare him with Ponting, Jayasuriya or Hayden, because there is a fundamental difference between their positions and Sourav's - their respective cricketing boards actually want them, whereas the Indian Cricket Board (to me, at least it seems) has been keen on getting rid of Sourav, among others, for quite some time.

Indydave
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2020 - 07:27 PM