IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Indian Cricket - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Indian Cricket, whats next???????????
nilanjan_lahiri
post Dec 18 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #41

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 235

QUOTE(bapa1967 @ Dec 18 2006, 12:35 AM) *

So Dada is Rocking

His 51 Not out in the First innings surely was the turning point of this series in SA. The way he played that Six of Nitini just reminds us of the Saurav of the early 2000.

I think now on every other individual will try to give his 100% for the team as surely Saurav's presence has made some differenece in the atmosphere of the Dressing Room.

Kiran More where will you Hide now!!!!!

Bapa

I only wonder WHY Dada went on to play that pull shot off Ntini in the second innings......
The way he was playing, he could easily have scored another half century at least. There was an ample of time left with him........
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JS
post Dec 18 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 63

The man who is under serious threat or insecurity is the present Indian skip.
Somehow I also think that SA might pull it off 2day.Mayb my 6th sense..
+Quote Post
pgpstudent
post Dec 18 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 79

QUOTE(nilanjan_lahiri @ Dec 18 2006, 05:14 AM) *

I only wonder WHY Dada went on to play that pull shot off Ntini in the second innings......
The way he was playing, he could easily have scored another half century at least. There was an ample of time left with him........

I think he did play a similar shot in the first innings and got a boundary for it. so was probably feeling confident he could repeat it. He did have at least a half-century there for the taking, must be kicking himself for mssing out.
Anyway, India won and Dada's psychogical contribution of fighting it out was there to see.
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Dec 18 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #44

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

QUOTE(JS @ Dec 18 2006, 02:18 AM) *

The man who is under serious threat or insecurity is the present Indian skip.
Somehow I also think that SA might pull it off 2day.Mayb my 6th sense..

JS,
I doubt it, if I am reading yr post correctly. Dravid as a captain may be insecure now that Dada is back but U know how the internal politics is played in BCCI, dada will not be made a captain so soon otherwise the selectors and the BCCI will be looked upon red faced. Dravid as a player is still one of the best we have, ask anyone else to come at one down in these conditions and you will see no one raising there hands. Right now its time to congrats the team and Dada for a wonderful comeback, I am also disappointed that he threw his wicket had he scored another 50 in the 2nd innings it would have be a fitting reply to the whole world. I salute to his grit and determination. I want to see Kiran More and Chappel's face now. SA couldn't pull it off specially when the last innigs highest chase at wanderers was 353 by England and decade ago and when it was 5 wickets down the previous day. The worry now I have is India might throw the oppertunity away afetr going one up, the same has happened against Aus and Pak in the recent times. We should at least make sure if we can not win the coming days we make sure it ends in a draw to ensure the lead and series win.

Congrats to team india and Dada for the win.

Regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Dec 19 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #45

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

Team India Seriously need to replace Wasim Jafar with another Opener, May be Gambhir, though playing Irfan Pathan as an openner is also an option. At least he must be high on confidence after his 100+ knock in the practice match. Also I think we need to replace VRV Singh with Munaf Patel. And Dravid surely needs to score atleast a half century now.

Bapa
+Quote Post
balajigade
post Dec 19 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #46

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 692

QUOTE(bapa1967 @ Dec 19 2006, 08:22 PM) *

Team India Seriously need to replace Wasim Jafar with another Opener, May be Gambhir, though playing Irfan Pathan as an openner is also an option. At least he must be high on confidence after his 100+ knock in the practice match. Also I think we need to replace VRV Singh with Munaf Patel. And Dravid surely needs to score atleast a half century now.
Bapa

I too feel Gautam Gambhir needs to have a look but in place of Sehwag. The latter can wait until the next one-dayer. The first choice for replacing VRV could be Munaf or at least Irfan in the next match.

--Balaji
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Dec 20 2006, 02:43 AM
Post #47

OurHFMites
Group Icon

This is what Dravid said about Dada after winning the 2nd test match along with discussing other issues :

"He is playing really well. No doubt, his performances at Potchefstroom and here were fantastic. The way he controlled the game in both those innings was good, and he batted well. He is a proven and experienced performer, and when he bats well he's going to make a big difference to the side. It's nice to see him batting well and I hope he keeps continuing"

Regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Dec 28 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #48

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(banerjees @ Dec 20 2006, 02:43 AM) *

This is what Dravid said about Dada after winning the 2nd test match along with discussing other issues :
"He is playing really well. No doubt, his performances at Potchefstroom and here were fantastic. The way he controlled the game in both those innings was good, and he batted well. He is a proven and experienced performer, and when he bats well he's going to make a big difference to the side. It's nice to see him batting well and I hope he keeps continuing"

Regards
-Sanjib

Oh my GOD !!!!!!!

Dada Out on zero !!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Cry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Cry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Cry.gif)
+Quote Post
Praveen Jaiswal
post Dec 28 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,101

QUOTE(nilanjan_lahiri @ Dec 28 2006, 01:54 PM) *

Oh S**t !!!!
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Dec 29 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #50

OurHFMite
Group Icon

QUOTE(nilanjan_lahiri @ Dec 28 2006, 01:54 PM) *

Dont worry. Second Innings is still there

Anyway, India needs to pull everything to get out of this hole. May be a century from DADA??!!

Bapa
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Jan 5 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #51

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Hi Guys,
I am really confused about the fiascco today in the Ind Vs SA 4th day, when Viru and Jafar got out in quick succession it took indian cricket team more than 3 min. to send the new batsman. We saw dada walking in place of sachin, the reason given was that as because sachin was not on the field for a considerable time yesterday he could not come to the crease that early, to be precise he has to wait 4 minutes more to bat. Now my question is normally our batting order is Dravid one down, then sachin, VVS Lax and then Dada, who made the decision to ask Dada to bat at that position specially when Dravid was there in the crease at that time, if Sachin can not go to the crease due to a technical reason then shouldn't it be laxman coming in that order. Is it greg or is it VVS who made the decision, I can be streching it a bit far but is this decision made to put Dada under pressure and hear some chin music from Ntini and co. Not withstanding all the pressure Dada is the highest run scorer in the series from india and the 2nd highest over all after Prince (268). Here are dada's runs, highest and avg. in 6 innings
214 66 42.80

Will he be dropped after this? or should it be Shevag
89 40 14.83

Here's the stats for Rahul , sachin and VVS
125 47 20.83
199 64 33.16
180 73 36.00

What do U say?

Regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
nilanjan_lahiri
post Jan 6 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #52

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(banerjees @ Jan 5 2007, 09:02 PM) *
Hi Guys,
I am really confused about the fiascco today in the Ind Vs SA 4th day, when Viru and Jafar got out in quick succession it took indian cricket team more than 3 min. to send the new batsman. We saw dada walking in place of sachin, the reason given was that as because sachin was not on the field for a considerable time yesterday he could not come to the crease that early, to be precise he has to wait 4 minutes more to bat. Now my question is normally our batting order is Dravid one down, then sachin, VVS Lax and then Dada, who made the decision to ask Dada to bat at that position specially when Dravid was there in the crease at that time, if Sachin can not go to the crease due to a technical reason then shouldn't it be laxman coming in that order. Is it greg or is it VVS who made the decision, I can be streching it a bit far but is this decision made to put Dada under pressure and hear some chin music from Ntini and co. Not withstanding all the pressure Dada is the highest run scorer in the series from india and the 2nd highest over all after Prince (268). Here are dada's runs, highest and avg. in 6 innings
214 66 42.80

Will he be dropped after this? or should it be Shevag
89 40 14.83

Here's the stats for Rahul , sachin and VVS
125 47 20.83
199 64 33.16
180 73 36.00

What do U say?

Regards
-Sanjib

Dada's total run is 215.... isn't it ??

It's 51*, 26, 0, 26, 66, 46. He missed out the Century in the 1st innings of the 3rd Test simply because of a proper support at the other end.......

No doubt that Dada should be in for the WC. Have you seen our Vintage Dada to step out for a six ?? He is the wounded Bengal Tiger..... Who can say, he would be the captain of the Indian Cricket Team at the WC ??
+Quote Post
JS
post Jan 6 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

QUOTE(banerjees @ Jan 5 2007, 09:02 PM) *

Dada is the highest run scorer in the series from india and the 2nd highest over all after Prince (268). Here are dada's runs, highest and avg. in 6 innings
214 66 42.80

Regards
-Sanjib

Hila Diya Sabkoooooooo......................grit,determination.Terrific!!
+Quote Post
Praveen Jaiswal
post Jan 6 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,101

QUOTE(JS @ Jan 6 2007, 01:24 AM) *

Hila Diya Sabkoooooooo......................grit,determination.Terrific!!

Saadhu Saadhu
+Quote Post
JS
post Jan 7 2007, 12:40 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Few questions asked:

1)Rahul's captaincy?
2)How was Sachin never tried when atleast there was few runs to play for?Why also not n over or 2 from ganguly?
3)Who made the big decision of not playing Harbhajan and instaed go with an injured Munaf?Was it the Mumbai lobby the Colonel himself?Or was it the Head Master?
4)And when would the Indian cptns stop saying these few fixed words after losing any series that "we hv some positives which we would carry on from here and some negatives which we need 2 work on."So how long will it continue?
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Jan 7 2007, 02:02 AM
Post #56

OurHFMite
Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Jan 7 2007, 12:40 AM) *

Few questions asked:

1)Rahul's captaincy?
2)How was Sachin never tried when atleast there was few runs to play for?Why also not n over or 2 from ganguly?
3)Who made the big decision of not playing Harbhajan and instaed go with an injured Munaf?Was it the Mumbai lobby the Colonel himself?Or was it the Head Master?
4)And when would the Indian cptns stop saying these few fixed words after losing any series that "we hv some positives which we would carry on from here and some negatives which we need 2 work on."So how long will it continue?

I think the Biggest blunder for this Test was the ommission of Harbhajan. I mean how can a world class spinner having being selected for the SA tour didnt play a single Test their. Hard to digest.

And Dravid!!!! I think the sooner he be released from Captaincy, we will be releaved. I have never seen such a backboneless captain.

Bapa
+Quote Post
pgpstudent
post Jan 7 2007, 06:40 AM
Post #57

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 79

QUOTE(JS @ Jan 6 2007, 07:10 PM) *

Even the TV commentators felt there was something wrong with Munaf Patel, the way he was fielding showed that he had a physical as well as attitude problem.
In fact the South Africans read the pitch better, by including a totally new spinner when they normally play 4 quicks, so even India should have added a spinner instead of a passenger like Munaf.
Batting wise, it looks like both Karthik and Dhoni may need to be in kept in the team as batsmen, and surely drop Sehwag.
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Jan 7 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #58

OurHFMites
Group Icon

For me the biggest question was why after seeing the debacle in 4 previous innings Dravid asked Viru to open again, the only time viru did not open in this series India had a 100+ start. So why this kind of dumb mistakes, or is it they thought with a lead of 44 we are in a "WINNIG" position and viru can score some easy runs on the 4th day of a dead pitch?

When will they learn?

Regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Jan 7 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #59

OurHFMite
Group Icon

QUOTE(banerjees @ Jan 7 2007, 12:05 PM) *

When will they learn?

Regards
-Sanjib

They will never learn. To learn from one's mistakes and correct them is not the motto of Indian Team. They seemed to have no Shame feeling nor they have anything to do with the sentiments of thousands of Countrymen. They are hugely Rich Persons(Moneywise) so it hardly matters to them what the heck We are going through.

Bapa
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Jan 12 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #60

OurHFMite
Group Icon

DADA IS BACK IN ONE DAY SIDE

So whats next. May be Captain again

Bapa
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2020 - 07:51 AM