IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Cricket World Cup - 2007 - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cricket World Cup - 2007, Who will win it
arnab
post Mar 25 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 524

QUOTE(JS @ Mar 25 2007, 02:49 PM) *

Arnab just dn't even bother abt these chaps who burns effigies today and hero worship the next day.They dn't hv any stand at all.They r basically a frustrated bunch of jokers.If cktrs r earning money they r doing due 2 their credentials,but it seems these frustrated guys r jealous of the fact.Anyway pay less heed 2 these guys.

frankly speaking I was angry when we lost t match, but I feel basing on t failure in a tournament coach,most of t players r 2 b sacked is completely meaningless, whatever may b t result Shewag,Uthappa,Dravid,Ganguly,Sachin,Yuvraj all r extraordinary cricketers, removing them frm t team doesn't help any cause, instead analyse t faults and try 2 fill t gaps that has lead us 2 this situation

Now coming 2 urs and dipak's question I always believe playing,watching the game the Javed Miandad way.No room given,u hv 2 earn it.And there's nothing wrong in front door or backdoor.How many remember how Pakisatn qualified for the finals in 92?They all remember that they played like champions under the able leadership of King Khan.And thats what matters most.

JS, u shud also add in 1992 after initial hiccups Pakistan came back so strongly that they defeated New zealand twice in their own backyard, I remember Inzy was a star in those matches, but t current Indian team
is lacking confidance, they hv everything in them still due 2 uncertainties they r firstly playing with their mind then comes the opponents.

whatever may b t outcome, its bad for t world of cup nt 2 hv both India and Pakistan at t crucial stages, both of these teams can cast magic if they play 2 their potential
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 25 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 63

Bangladesh vs Bermuda

11.25 : All the covers are off and the stumps are being inserted. The crowd are understandably relieved. We are still awaiting an official word from the umpires. The staff are busy running ropes along the outfield to dry it.

11.15 : Some good news at last! It has stopped raining and the groundstaff are out there in the middle. We understand that the skies have brightened. The groundstaff are just about to remove the covers though there is still plenty of water on the surface. The umpires are inspecting the conditions and a few Bangladesh players are in the middle.

10.40 : The news isn't very encouraging. The rain has picked up and the weather forecast
has predicted more wet weather. The unofficial word is that no play is likely before the lunch interval, which is roughly 2 hours and 20 minutes from now. As always, we will keep you updated. There's still plenty to read and catch up with on Cricinfo and here's my recommendation to keep you occupied - Siddhartha Vaidyanathan's article on the West Indies rebels of 1983. Siddhartha had the privilege of meeting a few of the players during his tour last year with the Indian team.

10.25 : The covers are still on. Our sources at the ground informed us that the rain did stop for a while. However, it has started drizzling again. Stay tuned for further updates. On the bright side, the drainage facilities at the ground are quite effective so we should hopefully get some play today, provided the rain stops. Fingers crossed....

09.30 : Unfortunately, the rain has picked up. All we need to do now is wait and watch. We will keep you updated as and when we receive official word.

09.00 local time : Unfortunately, rain has intervened and the covers are on. We understand that it is a steady drizzle and the start has been delayed.

Hello and welcome to Cricinfo's live ball-by-ball coverage of the final match of the group stage of this World Cup, between Bangladesh and Bermuda at the Queen's Park Oval in Trinidad. I am Kanishkaa Balachandran and will take you through this crucial game, for Bangladesh in particular.

Those who predicted that this group, Group B, would be the most interesting in the World Cup were absolutely spot on. While Sri Lanka are through to the Super Eights, Bangladesh and India will fight it out for a place in the second stage. A Bangladesh win will guarantee them a spot while a defeat will, in all probability assure India a back-door entry, given that they are ahead on the net run rate. The fate of two teams depends on the result of this match. Click here to view the points table.

Bermuda have nothing to lose, and will be looking to sign off on a high. However, Bangladesh start as favourites and their professional display against India is an indication that they are indeed a vastly improved side. Click here to read the preview of today's game, by Utpal Shuvro. Also read captain Habibul Bashar's views.

Toss Bangladesh have won the toss and will bowl first. Habibul Bashar said that he wanted to give his bowlers the best use of the conditions.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Mar 25 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

in my opinion lesser the no. of overs played gr8er will b chance of a miracle, but t play shud b on otherwise both t team will get 1 point and u know.......

lets hope against t hope!!!!!!! never thought we wud hv 2 bank on a minnow 2 perform well for us 2 survive

friends still am praying for our team, I desperately India in t next round
+Quote Post
Praveen Jaiswal
post Mar 25 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,101

Will India have a Back Door Entry ???? (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/mellow.gif)

Praveen

It would be a shame if India get a go ahead on the basis of the performance of the minnows. Even if they get a chance, we shud vote for them to come back so that they dont disgrace us further in the tournament. Seeing Australia, SA and NZ play, one wud understand that this Indian squad doesnt stand anywhere near them in attitude as well as aptitude for Cricket. They shud rather try Gully cricket where they might have a little chance.

Samit ( Praveen's Langoti Friend )
+Quote Post
Praveen Jaiswal
post Mar 25 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Unfortunately the heavens have opened and the rain has stopped play. The groundstaff are back on, adding the covers in a flurry. As we mentioned earlier, this has been reduced to 41 overs. We will get inform you of the revised playing conditions soon.
In the event of this match being washed out, both teams will earn one point each, which means that Bangladesh will go through to the Super Eights. However, there is a reserve day tomorrow.

( Cricinfo.com )
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 25 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Mar 25 2007, 09:26 PM) *

in my opinion lesser the no. of overs played gr8er will b chance of a miracle, but t play shud b on otherwise both t team will get 1 point and u know.......

lets hope against t hope!!!!!!! never thought we wud hv 2 bank on a minnow 2 perform well for us 2 survive

friends still am praying for our team, I desperately India in t next round

Guruji there is a reserve day 2mrw.So dn't panic.

"Unfortunately the heavens have opened and the rain has stopped play. The groundstaff are back on, adding the covers in a flurry. As we mentioned earlier, this has been reduced to 41 overs. We will get inform you of the revised playing conditions soon.
In the event of this match being washed out, both teams will earn one point each, which means that Bangladesh will go through to the Super Eights. However, there is a reserve day tomorrow." --------> as reported in cricinfo
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 25 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

QUOTE(Praveen @ Mar 25 2007, 09:32 PM) *

Will India have a Back Door Entry ???? (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/mellow.gif)

Praveen
It would be a shame if India get a go ahead on the basis of the performance of the minnows. Even if they get a chance, we shud vote for them to come back so that they dont disgrace us further in the tournament. Seeing Australia, SA and NZ play, one wud understand that this Indian squad doesnt stand anywhere near them in attitude as well as aptitude for Cricket. They shud rather try Gully cricket where they might have a little chance.

Samit ( Praveen's Langoti Friend )

Nothing of a shame.The same team suppose qualifies and then goes on 2 win the WC would we discuss all these?Yes i agree that India played badly but its only a game and u never know whats in store for u 2mrw.
+Quote Post
Praveen Jaiswal
post Mar 25 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Mar 25 2007, 10:03 PM) *

Nothing of a shame.The same team suppose qualifies and then goes on 2 win the WC would we discuss all these?Yes i agree that India played badly but its only a game and u never know whats in store for u 2mrw.

Jayant Da,

Agreed its a game and if some one wins, some one else loses. But then at least the effort should be there. Just see how SA approached yesterdays game and the way we have played since Dravid has taken over. Even when we were winning matches, there was never the team spirit and now when we are being tested in a tournament of this size, all the cracks have resurfaced. Even if we were to qualify to the super 8's, i believe with this kind of an approach it wud have been impossible to survive too long.
Even I am a huge fan of this very team, but the problem is that they have not shown the right approach for a tournament and deserved to be thrown out.
The shame part lies in the fact that in a tournament consisting only 9 countries playing Test cricket, we have failed to rank even in the top 8. Among our 3 senior players we have more than 35K ODI runs and a host of experience, and they have failed to lead the side from the front. Not even that age is against them, the Aussies have put some of their best performances at this age. But our players have failed to rise to the occassion and that is the bottomline. And I believe, the reason for this is the change of guard in the team (since Dravid and Chappel have taken over). Had this team been lead by Ganguly, we wud have been busy writing accolades for the same unit.

Samit
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 25 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

QUOTE(Praveen @ Mar 25 2007, 10:25 PM) *

Jayant Da,

Agreed its a game and if some one wins, some one else loses. But then at least the effort should be there. Just see how SA approached yesterdays game and the way we have played since Dravid has taken over. Even when we were winning matches, there was never the team spirit and now when we are being tested in a tournament of this size, all the cracks have resurfaced. Even if we were to qualify to the super 8's, i believe with this kind of an approach it wud have been impossible to survive too long.
Even I am a huge fan of this very team, but the problem is that they have not shown the right approach for a tournament and deserved to be thrown out.
The shame part lies in the fact that in a tournament consisting only 9 countries playing Test cricket, we have failed to rank even in the top 8. Among our 3 senior players we have more than 35K ODI runs and a host of experience, and they have failed to lead the side from the front. Not even that age is against them, the Aussies have put some of their best performances at this age. But our players have failed to rise to the occassion and that is the bottomline. And I believe, the reason for this is the change of guard in the team (since Dravid and Chappel have taken over). Had this team been lead by Ganguly, we wud have been busy writing accolades for the same unit.
Samit

Praveen I completely agree with u that a change in captaincy and coach wld hv definitely changed the outlook of the team.Yes 2 me also Greg looks like a strict headmaster where the fear factor amongst the players is more evident.And abt Rahul's captaincy,body language,approach less said its better.

But my point is a bit different.We cannot change the cptn,coach now in the midst of the WC suppose if India qualifies for the 2nd round.Trust me all the senior pros including Sachin must b boiling inside praying 2 God 2 give them a last bit chance 2 show the world what they are.It happens with all of us.And if that happens mark my words India wld roar back in the same WC like cornered tigers who has nothing 2 lose.All these players wld play for their pride,dignity forgetting who is coach and who is leading.I might sound too optimistic but the fact remains so.

Just think of the WC winning Pak team Arnab where u r mentioning abt Inzy.This chap played the whole tournament but he came good in the last 3 matches and what a performance he gave.The team King had, there were so many differences.Javed and Immy never used 2 see eye 2 eye.With Salim malik there was a perpetual ego problem(read Imran's autibiography where he explained in detail what Salim did in the WC).The only good thing is that Imran shared a good relation with Intikhab the then coach/manager.But with their backs to the wall the same Paki unit forgetting all their differences roared 2 the occassion and bounced back against all odds.
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 25 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Mar 25 2007, 10:01 PM) *

Guruji there is a reserve day 2mrw.So dn't panic.

"Unfortunately the heavens have opened and the rain has stopped play. The groundstaff are back on, adding the covers in a flurry. As we mentioned earlier, this has been reduced to 41 overs. We will get inform you of the revised playing conditions soon.
In the event of this match being washed out, both teams will earn one point each, which means that Bangladesh will go through to the Super Eights. However, there is a reserve day tomorrow." --------> as reported in cricinfo

Latest from cricinfo

Bad news again folks, the players are scampering off the field with the rain not letting up. One can't help feel a bit of sympathy for Bermuda. The conditions for batting haven't gotten any easier and they have already lost three quick wickets. Losing Hemp was a big blow and it's upto Romaine and Pitcher to steer the side out of choppy waters once the players return, which hopefully shouldn't take too long.

Just a reminder to our readers about the likelihood of the match not being completed today - If the match isn't completed, play will resume from the same position tomorrow. In other words, the match will not be replayed from the very beginning.
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 26 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

So,India finally out of the World Cup.What more 2 say but wish them better luck next time.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Mar 26 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

now we look forward 2 twenty20 in South Africa latter this year whr India will again get a chance 2 meet all t big shots and prove their ability
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 26 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Mar 26 2007, 12:38 PM) *

now we look forward 2 twenty20 in South Africa latter this year whr India will again get a chance 2 meet all t big shots and prove their ability

But 20-20 can't b compared 2 the ckt world cup.Anyway after a couple of months rest I think the guys should take one series at a time and focus on that rather all these bull of building up the team for the nxt WC.
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 26 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Doing some introspection on India's dismal performance in this world cup there was one disadvantage for all the teams in this WC.And that is this is the 1st time when the teams were pooled in 4 groups comprising of 4 teams each with the top 2 qualifying from each group for the next round.So basically u hv 3 matches and one who loses the 1st group match will always b in a spot of bother.Now u can compare this with football WC where the same groupings are maintained where 4 teams comprises of one group.But in football there is always a chance of a match ending in a draw where the points get split between 2 teams that can help one 2 qualify.In cricket its not possible so its either win or lose.

But in the previous WCs there was this 6 team pool where a team can play atleast 5 matches.So if he fairs badly in a couple of them there is always a chance for him 2 qualify by even coming a gallant 3rd in the group.

I personaly think as the WC comes once in 4years and the hype that is there.................just 3 matches is too little 2 judge a team and its potential.I am not trying to justify or defend India's performance but more matches wld always allow a team 2 settle and play better.
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Mar 26 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #55

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 699

Dear JS,
Me thinks, had India won the BD game we would not be finding faults at formats, the pooling the scheduling, the venue the weather etc etc. Why is it always teams like India or Pak or WI who had hiccups and need time to do build up, remember last time we had a initial problem and kaif and some other team player's home were pelted (not that I am supporting it in anyway) and the team started playing well and reached the finals. Rememebr some days ago we were discussing here why were these minnows allowed in the WC and the ICC infact was so confident that it posted in its official web site the game between Ind Vs Pak on a weekend (7th or 15th april) to garner greater viewership and ads. Now when the same big boys got thrashed by minnows we are trying to find excuses. As a supporter I would say the same thing that you are saying but as a neutral cricket viewer the format to me was tailor made to make the top 8 teams play in the 2nd round

Aus, SA, Ind, SL, NZ, Eng, Pak,WI.

No papers no reporters no articles found anything wrong with the format before the WC they infact were saying that this is all hogwash they should just start with the 8 teams but now we are saying 3 games are not enough. I hope you will not take this personally and you will understand the anger with in us - the supporters (specially when we outside india buy a $200 WC package - which is worthless for me now :((( ). We were lacking in so many fields, be it our esteemed batting line up, fielding, running bet. the wickets, captaincy, bowling, planning or strategy. I also know the same team (India) would have played brilliantly had they been in the super 8 cause it is in our blood (sorry for a bengali sentence - pechone laat na khele amra chege uthi na ) meaning - we are not proactive but we are reactive.

In the BD game I guess everyone was foxed by the pitch report and it was a bit arrogance that Dravid chose batting straight away. Had we played later I am sure we would have won, but its again that If and buts, Dhoni dropped two catches that day, Harbhajan one and dravid himslef one. Had Aus/SA or any other big names were there on that day they would have still pulled it off irrespective of the pitch or weather. Had Ind lost to any other 7 regular playing countries it would not have been a big deal for me but against BD it really hurts!!!

Now Mr. More is saying the selctors had to be responsible as well just because he is not in the selctors seat anymore where was he when under his selection india lost some big games. When greg asked for some youth in the team we all asked for his throat (including me , as he was responsible for dada's exclusion) now I myslef feel he was right. Sometimes big names buckle under the legacy they have built, But atleast dada scored something, Sachin has nothing to show up for this time. I am sure there will be some big changes to the team but what about the mgmt. there is no accountability at that level. No questiones asked to selectors, no queries made to upper mgmt. including Sharad Pawar who play the big games depending on the public demand/outcry as well. Right now India does not have the bench strength too, U remove the 3 big names and the team looks so fragile.

In contrast I was watching Aus Vs Sa game and Ntini & Co. were clocking above 140 constantly and hayden, ponting and clark were clobbering them all over the park with such disdain that u feel that this team should be barred from playing any other team. Super 8 with out Ind and pak and a weak weak Eng. will be pathetic. It will be interesting to watch Aus Vs SL I guess.

One paper summed it up well - Mirzapur Tea (the sole sponser of BD team) won over Nike+Sahara+Pepsi+ Britania combined (indian team sponsers). 4 Years is a long time, lets hope we get to see some new Dada's Sachin and Dravid then. Lets bury the WC 2007 here right now and watch the game without any prejudices, malice or support (for India) - just pure cricket.

A dukhi atma.

Regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 27 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #56

Group Icon

QUOTE(banerjees @ Mar 26 2007, 07:22 PM) *

Dear JS,
Me thinks, had India won the BD game we would not be finding faults at formats, the pooling the scheduling, the venue the weather etc etc. Why is it always teams like India or Pak or WI who had hiccups and need time to do build up, remember last time we had a initial problem and kaif and some other team player's home were pelted (not that I am supporting it in anyway) and the team started playing well and reached the finals. Rememebr some days ago we were discussing here why were these minnows allowed in the WC and the ICC infact was so confident that it posted in its official web site the game between Ind Vs Pak on a weekend (7th or 15th april) to garner greater viewership and ads. Now when the same big boys got thrashed by minnows we are trying to find excuses. As a supporter I would say the same thing that you are saying but as a neutral cricket viewer the format to me was tailor made to make the top 8 teams play in the 2nd round

Aus, SA, Ind, SL, NZ, Eng, Pak,WI.

Regards
-Sanjib

Good thoughtfull post Sanjib.
Well I do agree with u that the format was made in such a way that the 8 tops teams qualify and also there were no complaints about the new format.But we shld understand one thing that the complaint was never there reason being no one expected india and Pak wld lose 2 Bgl & Ireland of all teams.None expected this.We always knew abt Bgldsh's poor record in both forms of ckt but this new bunch of cktrs were a complete surprise 2 all of us.Also lets accept one thing here Sanjib........its a game of ckt and anything can happen on a given day.Aus and Pak also were beaten by Bgl before.maybe the next 10games India play with them probably India will win all of them.But the moment in a group of 4 any favourite team loses 2 a less fancied side(which can happen)chances of qualifying becomes extremely difficult.I won't b surprised if ICC dn't revert back 2 the same format from next WC.Lets understand one thing here this is a world cup the biggest spectacle on earth and not ICC Championship which gets held every 2 years where u can hv these group of 3 or 4 teams.My point is its very sad that for any team after preparing so much for the greatest event 3 matches is too little to play for and be judged.

Now coming 2 Bgldsh's win against India lets accept the following:

1)Winning the toss and electing 2 bat was never Rahul's alone decision.Its a team decision surely and India r always poor chasers though having the most vaunted batting line up.

2)The management read the pitch wrong

3)The opening spell and the left arm spinners bowled brilliantly for Bgl.All the 3 Left arm spinners bowled a great line and gave very little room 2 the batsmen 2 play their shots.S lets accept that they did bowl well.And also its not that India let them bowl well becos seriously playing shots on that wkt was extremely difficult.

4)The way the left hand opener batted reminded me of an innings by Izaz Ahmed when he tore apart Srinath and Prasad opening for Pak in lahore.The guy played very well and his aggression was a treat to watch.Not that India bowled very badly to him but he made use of the power play.

5)Yes Rahul was not apt in maing the bowling changes.When he saw the opener in stupendous form instead of continuing with Zaheer he shld hv immediately brought in Bhajji just 2 slow down the pace.Also using Shewag was also delayed.

Overall Bgl did play a great game and won like a deserved team.
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 27 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #57

Group Icon

Dear JS,

Now Mr. More is saying the selctors had to be responsible as well just because he is not in the selctors seat anymore where was he when under his selection india lost some big games. When greg asked for some youth in the team we all asked for his throat (including me , as he was responsible for dada's exclusion) now I myslef feel he was right. Sometimes big names buckle under the legacy they have built, But atleast dada scored something, Sachin has nothing to show up for this time. I am sure there will be some big changes to the team but what about the mgmt. there is no accountability at that level. No questiones asked to selectors, no queries made to upper mgmt. including Sharad Pawar who play the big games depending on the public demand/outcry as well. Right now India does not have the bench strength too, U remove the 3 big names and the team looks so fragile.

Regards
-Sanjib

Pardon me Sanjib but I am not in any mood 2 even discuss about that jumping jack(remember 92 WC against Pak).He is the most political selector I hv ever come across,had vested interest both with Greg for their cricket academies and also removing Sourav.A guy who has singlehandedly spoilt the entire enviorment,mood of the team.I do think he is paying Times Now TV channel 2 b an expert panelist giving his bull views every evening.

Also see guys I also adore Sourav................but somehow I do agree with what Mark Waugh has said.We all run for individual laurels.Why shld we even think of atleast Dada performed,happy for bangladesh becos we lost 2 bongs bla bla.Come on guys its our country which counts.....not one Dada only.This emotion is something which we need 2 keep it in our backyard and think as a collective unit.

Well sanjeev I dn't agree with u abt Greg's policy of youth only.No way.It shld always b a blend of youth and xperience.I repeat 3 matches is too little 2 judge a team.

Dear JS,
In contrast I was watching Aus Vs Sa game and Ntini & Co. were clocking above 140 constantly and hayden, ponting and clark were clobbering them all over the park with such disdain that u feel that this team should be barred from playing any other team. Super 8 with out Ind and pak and a weak weak Eng. will be pathetic. It will be interesting to watch Aus Vs SL I guess.

Regards
-Sanjib

While watching this amtch i was flooded with sms as 2 see how this amtch is going on....bla bla....

But guys hv u ever thought of one thing?

A team giving away 370odd runs????????????Is it a good achievement?

Somehow i do feel that Australia will not even qualify for the finals.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Mar 27 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Mar 27 2007, 12:11 AM) *

Somehow i do feel that Australia will not even qualify for the finals.

JS, can u pls justify or state t reasons behind this projection??

formats : Sanjib u r correct, nobody felt abt t fixtures a priori and suddenly when India and Pakistan r out as if we'r all looking back, now I ask u simple question? India loosing 2 Srilanka and PAK 2 WI r nt a debacle, so it boils down loosing a match cost them t whoe tournament? frm ckt's point of view its t last thing that IND and PAK r nt in t fray is expected, whatever may b arguments BAN and IRE going 2 second rounds is unhealthy as it ony reduces t competition between 6 teams 2 pick up first 4 places

its a collective failure, everyone has 2 take t blame

now what I feel:

1.Sourav Ganguly was out of t team for a while so he got enough time 2 improve his skils, both batting and fieding, but am sorry neither has improved, what he was trying??
I remember he was gifted at least 5/6 plain full tose delivaries and he spoiled each one of them, during t BER match he gave a maiden over 2 an innocent spinner
why he threw his bat against SL when already Shewag was thr doing that
how many times we noticed in t field?
his running between wicket is still pathetic - it has nt improved a single inch
he still doesn't manage 2 rotate t strikes

2.Virendra Shewag - I know now he has got some runs so less will b spoken abt him
will he ever learn - one has bat according 2 t situation, its nt same if u r chasing 150 or 250 or 350, it seems every bowler, every situation is same for him, he has gifted talent 2 hit t ball and still he can create magic if he learns 2 adopt 2 t situation

3.Sachin Tendulkar - he is scholar of t game, can't we expect him lead frm t front when its needed instead of thrashing KENYA,NAMIBIA, he has scored highest runs in WC, but if his stats in WC r read carefully am sorry its nt encouraging, he failed in last WC's final and this WC's t most crucial matches, so whats important he is creating records or his innings coming useful 2 India? wel, he can answer it better

4.Rahul Dravid - its really unfortunate one of t best bat who is technically near perfect, a player whose fitness has never been a prob, a player who is perhaps t most balanced among the top is coming 2 bat after no 4, we hardly saw him batting this WC, when he got t chance it was all over as he was hving likes of Zahir Khan,Ajit Agarkar as t partner, a truly world class batsman nt even batting in t top order, he lacks t courage, when India is in trouble why he is nt taking some extraordinary decision and coming at no. 3/4 and take t charge?

5.Robin Uthappa - this chap is xtremely talented bat, t bst part of him is his feet do nt get bolted t track and he tries 2 play with straight bat, surprisingly he tried airy shots against SL which clearly he is nt comfortable with

Nway these r only arguments, I was a huge fan of this team and will remain so whatever may b t outcome as I feel hardly any team can match this unit in terms of bat

best of luck 2 all t players for their next venture, it hurts but we shudn't forget how much it hurts 2 t player
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 27 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Mar 27 2007, 11:25 AM) *

formats : Sanjib u r correct, nobody felt abt t fixtures a priori and suddenly when India and Pakistan r out as if we'r all looking back, now I ask u simple question? India loosing 2 Srilanka and PAK 2 WI r nt a debacle, so it boils down loosing a match cost them t whoe tournament? frm ckt's point of view its t last thing that IND and PAK r nt in t fray is expected, whatever may b arguments BAN and IRE going 2 second rounds is unhealthy as it ony reduces t competition between 6 teams 2 pick up first 4 places

its a collective failure, everyone has 2 take t blame

Arnab,
Questions are asked,clarifications are requested only when something is in trouble.Wwhen things go smoothly no 1 asks anything.Thats the nature.

Now ur post itself has given enough evidence why I was questioning the format.Its expected that the matches between Pak vs WI or Ind vs SL is a 50-50 chance.But hv u ever thought of one thing.Out of the other 2 weaker teams in both the group even if the losing heavyweight side loses one match they r out of the WC.So,it practically boils down 2 one match on which the team's chances 2 qualify depends.Well agreed out of 20 times 19times both these teams would be decimated by the superpowers BUT if that 1 time is during the WC then?Then its what has happened now.And there lies my concern.ICC thought that making it a 4 team 4 pool group it will b easier for the 8tops to qualify but they never gave a thought 2 the one upset match that can turn tables topsy turvy which has actually happened in both the groups.I am sure u & the whole world will wish 2 see a Aus - India match in the super8 rather than a Aus - Bgl match atleast in the WC stage.
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 27 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #60

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Mar 27 2007, 11:25 AM) *

JS, can u pls justify or state t reasons behind this projection??

Points mentioned below as why I think so:

1)Somehow I feel that these guys r talking too much abt other teams,their weaknesses etc.This has always been an Australian culture in ckt but this time it seems lot of unwanted arrogance is showing off.I am sure that this will lead 2 their downfall.

2)They have been beaten quite regularly in the last 10 matches before the WC which definitely has done some dent 2 their confidence.

3)Bowling - Mcgrath well past his prime.Shaun Tait can generate pace but not mch beyond that.Wwatson I regard him a better bat than a bowler.Nathan the left armer is the only impressive chap.Hogg the spinner is quite ordinary.So there is a big question mark on their bowling prowess.

4)Batting - much better than their bowling department with Hayden striking form at the right moment and I always think that he and Ponting r the most dangerous.But Symonds out of ckt for a fairly long time will need some time 2 settle.And batting alone wld not win matches for them.

5)There r better equipped competitive teams who will give the Aussies a run for their money this time.Their cnfidence also is upbeat as they hv beaten the aussies fair and square in the recent past which will help them immensely.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2020 - 08:16 AM