IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
TEAM INDIA - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TEAM INDIA, DOES IT NEED A COACH?
Rishii
post Nov 16 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,156

WITH THE PRESENT PERFORMANCE AT THE 20-20 WC AND THE PAKISTAN TEAM, DOES TEAM INDIA NEED A FOREIGN COACH TO DISINTEGRATE THEIR MORAL AND UNITY WITH HIS NEW EXPERIMENTS .....JUST LIKE GREG CHAPPELL DID?

SOMEHOW I GET A FEELING THAT UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF DHONI, EVERYBODY IS ENJOYING THE GAME AND I FEEL THAT HE HAS CREATED AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE THE SENIORS TOO DONT FEEL LEFT OUT OR DISRESPECTED.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JS
post Nov 16 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 63

QUOTE(rishi1972 @ Nov 16 2007, 04:35 PM) *

WITH THE PRESENT PERFORMANCE AT THE 20-20 WC AND THE PAKISTAN TEAM, DOES TEAM INDIA NEED A FOREIGN COACH TO DISINTEGRATE THEIR MORAL AND UNITY WITH HIS NEW EXPERIMENTS .....JUST LIKE GREG CHAPPELL DID?

SOMEHOW I GET A FEELING THAT UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF DHONI, EVERYBODY IS ENJOYING THE GAME AND I FEEL THAT HE HAS CREATED AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE THE SENIORS TOO DONT FEEL LEFT OUT OR DISRESPECTED.

When things goes well everything looks cool and rosy.................the moment there would be a couple of losses it wld b a different story al2gthr.
The senior junior divide is there and will b there.Only thing is so long its healthy and performing its fine.

A coach is very much needed and yes preferably a foreign coach who quite likely would stay away from regional biasness and petty politics.Greg was a bad exception and exception cannot b a rule.
+Quote Post
Rishii
post Nov 16 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Nov 16 2007, 04:47 PM) *

When things goes well everything looks cool and rosy.................the moment there would be a couple of losses it wld b a different story al2gthr.
The senior junior divide is there and will b there.Only thing is so long its healthy and performing its fine.

A coach is very much needed and yes preferably a foreign coach who quite likely would stay away from regional biasness and petty politics.Greg was a bad exception and exception cannot b a rule.

I AGREE WITH YOU TO SOME EXTENT........YES A COUPLE OF LOSSES AND IT WOULD BE A DIFFERENT STORY. BUT ONE THING IS NECESSARY AND THAT IS TO EXIST AS A COHERENT UNIT AND CREATING A HEALTHY ATMOSPHERE WHERE THERE IS NO BIAS BETWEEN SENIOR-JUNIOR.....MAYBE THAT IS HARD TO EXPECT BUT IT CAN BE DONE.

I PERSONALLY DONT VOTE FOR A FOREIGN COACH...SOMEHOW BECAUSE ALL FOREIGN COACHES HAVE FAILED......NOT ONLY IN INDIA BUT SUBCONTINENT AS A WHOLE LIKE GREG CHAPPEL, WOOLMER, LAWSON, TOM MOODY, GEOFF MARSH, SIMPSON WITH AN EXCEPTION OF JOHN WRIGHT OR DAVE WHATMORE. I FEEL THAT THESE TWO PEOPLE RIGHTLY UNDERSTOOD THE TEMPERAMENT AND PSYCHE OF THE PEOPLE HERE AND DEVISED THEIR PLANS ACCORDINGLY. AND IF A FOREIGN COACH HAS TO COME THEN HE MIGHT HAVE TO KEEP THIS IN MIND.

ALSO UNLIKE AUSTRALIANS, WHO ARE DESERVINGLY WORLD CHAMPIONS, THE MENTALITY OF OUR PLAYERS IS MORE TO PLAY FOR PERSONAL RECORDS OR AT WORST PERFORM TO MAINTAIN THEIR PLACE IN THE SIDE SO THAT THEY CAN SUCCESSFULLY MINT MONEY THROUGH ENDORSEMENTS. SO THERE IS NEVER A DRIVE TO WIN OR PERFORM AS A TEAM BUT JUST PLAY AND PERFORM FOR PERSONAL REASONS.

ATLEAST IN THE T20 WC THE WHOLE TEAM DID LOOK LIKE A UNIT WITH A GOAL.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Nov 16 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 524

QUOTE(rishi1972 @ Nov 16 2007, 04:35 PM) *

some success in patches do nt correct the flaws of our TEAM INDIA away frm them, average fielding, dropped catches, indispline bowling will again b exposed brutally in future, one doesn't hv 2 wait for long - its Boxing day test only and t upcoming VB-series

though a few points that r 2 b noted

1.Yuvraj-Dhoni partnership going 2 lend some much awaited solidity in middle order

2.transforming an opener UTHHAPA in2 pinch hitter is nt going 2 help us anyway, 1ce our old guards call it a day he along with GAMBHIR,YUVRAJ and DHONI will b needed for scoring big innings

3.too much dependency on ZAHIR KHAN, I don't think he is even bowling 50% of what a 1st strike bowler shud do

4.speed with which our seamers r bowling is alarming, they will b punished left and right in future, they need increase pace which always puts batsmen in difficulties

5.Using IRFAN PATHAN as a batsman in regularity nt when all our top order fails, he is technically quite sound and his use of feet against spinner is a +ve sign down the order

as far as coach is concerned I feel only a coach can bring that extra thing, but above all its t players who need 2 deliver in t ground
+Quote Post
JS
post Nov 16 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(rishi1972 @ Nov 16 2007, 06:16 PM) *

ATLEAST IN THE T20 WC THE WHOLE TEAM DID LOOK LIKE A UNIT WITH A GOAL.

actually they didn't hv a goal there.They just played for fun and in the process won the tournament as there was no pressure.
+Quote Post
JS
post Nov 16 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(rishi1972 @ Nov 16 2007, 06:16 PM) *

I PERSONALLY DONT VOTE FOR A FOREIGN COACH...SOMEHOW BECAUSE ALL FOREIGN COACHES HAVE FAILED......NOT ONLY IN INDIA BUT SUBCONTINENT AS A WHOLE LIKE GREG CHAPPEL, WOOLMER, LAWSON, TOM MOODY, GEOFF MARSH, SIMPSON WITH AN EXCEPTION OF JOHN WRIGHT OR DAVE WHATMORE. I FEEL THAT THESE TWO PEOPLE RIGHTLY UNDERSTOOD THE TEMPERAMENT AND PSYCHE OF THE PEOPLE HERE AND DEVISED THEIR PLANS ACCORDINGLY. AND IF A FOREIGN COACH HAS TO COME THEN HE MIGHT HAVE TO KEEP THIS IN MIND.

Woolmer - huge success with SA
Lawson - just started..........give him some time
Tom Moody - good success with Sri Lanka
Geoff Marsh - dn't recollect much whom he coached other than the Aussies.
Simpson - was one of the best coaches that time and mostly coached the Aussies.
John wright - good success
Whatmore - good success with Sri Lanka.

so where does the doubt arise?
+Quote Post
Rishii
post Nov 17 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Nov 16 2007, 06:22 PM) *

some success in patches do nt correct the flaws of our TEAM INDIA away frm them, average fielding, dropped catches, indispline bowling will again b exposed brutally in future, one doesn't hv 2 wait for long - its Boxing day test only and t upcoming VB-series

though a few points that r 2 b noted

1.Yuvraj-Dhoni partnership going 2 lend some much awaited solidity in middle order

2.transforming an opener UTHHAPA in2 pinch hitter is nt going 2 help us anyway, 1ce our old guards call it a day he along with GAMBHIR,YUVRAJ and DHONI will b needed for scoring big innings

3.too much dependency on ZAHIR KHAN, I don't think he is even bowling 50% of what a 1st strike bowler shud do

4.speed with which our seamers r bowling is alarming, they will b punished left and right in future, they need increase pace which always puts batsmen in difficulties

5.Using IRFAN PATHAN as a batsman in regularity nt when all our top order fails, he is technically quite sound and his use of feet against spinner is a +ve sign down the order

as far as coach is concerned I feel only a coach can bring that extra thing, but above all its t players who need 2 deliver in t ground

I will agree with the points you have put down here.

1. We do need to groom an alternate opening pair in ODI's in place of sachin and sourav but since both of them are going strongly at the moment maybe it might take some time.

2. Our bowling and tacky fielding does become a big point of concern when we are to face opponents like Australia. Because firstly they never give you any chance and if you give them one chance they make you repent for it.

3. It is a sad sad thing that WE being pioneers of spin bowling are literally struggling to groom even one good spinner. I sometimes do wonder if we would be able to take 20 wickets in Test Matches when Kumble retires. Because apart from him there is no other bowler who has found a permanent place in the team. All.....like Pathan, Agarkar, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Nehra etc etc keep coming and going. None to match the calibre of Kumble, McGrath, Shane Warne or Murlitharan.

4. The only thing that impressed me under Dhoni's leadership is the attitude and approach. Maybe it might be too early to say but right now.......he is imppressive.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2020 - 06:38 AM