IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPL - Second Edition - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IPL - Second Edition, Who will be the winner ?
Rishii
post Apr 20 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,156

The Second Edition of IPL is back. However it seems that unlike the first one this one will not be a high scoring one with the pitch doing equally good for the bowlers.And the first few matches have effectively shown that. I presume that any total between 140-170 would be worth competing.

I think that the Mumbai Indians will be a team to watch out for and Deccan Chargers would be the dark horses.

Whom do you root for this time, Friends ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rishii
post May 11 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

I still fail to understand Sachin Tendulkar's strategy in the match against KingsXIPunjab. Why did he have to bowl the 16th over when he had Bravo left with 3 overs and even Kulkarni with 1 over. Also I still wonder why he brought on Raje instead of the above two bowlers. 2 overs from Raje cost 22 runs and one over from Sachin cost 19 runs. Eventually they lost the match.
+Quote Post
JS
post May 11 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 63

QUOTE(Rishii @ May 11 2009, 03:25 PM) *

I still fail to understand Sachin Tendulkar's strategy in the match against KingsXIPunjab. Why did he have to bowl the 16th over when he had Bravo left with 3 overs and even Kulkarni with 1 over. Also I still wonder why he brought on Raje instead of the above two bowlers. 2 overs from Raje cost 22 runs and one over from Sachin cost 19 runs. Eventually they lost the match.

Sachin has never been an intelligent captain.Though in 20-20 game things change drasticaly in 1 over itself and if a ploy clicks its termed as a masterstroke and if it doesn't then God save him.

But I agree there was an error on his part.
+Quote Post
bobby_mudgel
post May 12 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #4

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 10

i think in this years bowlywood leauge(or ipl)---book makers and bcci ve an edge over all others.
--atleast main is circus ko cricket nahin keh sakta. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Rishii
post May 13 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

It was sad that Bendon McCullum had to lose even after scoring 173, thanks to the swashbuckling innings of Ross Taylor. I dont know how to symphathise with McCullum, though I am least sympathetic towards SRK.

Since now KKR are down and out, and knowing SRK's cheap tactics, I am sure he will make quite a lot of money by fixing matches to let other teams win. Who knows, the match with RCB wasnt one of them ?
+Quote Post
Rishii
post May 15 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

The match of Mumbai and Rajasthan was what true thrillers are made of. The game went down to a very nail biting finish. It had all that it takes to test the mental strength and character of a true player and Rajasthan rose to the occassion whereas Mumbai succumbed to the pressure. Sachin and his team demonstrated effectively how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
+Quote Post
JS
post May 15 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 63

QUOTE(Rishii @ May 15 2009, 05:37 PM) *

The match of Mumbai and Rajasthan was what true thrillers are made of. The game went down to a very nail biting finish. It had all that it takes to test the mental strength and character of a true player and Rajasthan rose to the occassion whereas Mumbai succumbed to the pressure. Sachin and his team demonstrated effectively how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Its Shane Warne who is making all the difference.What a captain!! Simply awesome.Great fighting spirit.
+Quote Post
Rishii
post May 19 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

One of the most memorable run chase was done by KKR. The most unlikely team to win in the most unlikely fashion against the most unlikely opponents.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2020 - 07:34 PM