IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
rafi songs - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rafi songs, number of rafi songs
hamza
post Nov 7 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 362

the otherday i was going through my collection of rafi songs and i counted the songs i have... it was like nine hundred something... i was surprised that rafi sung around 26 thousand songs in his life and i have not even 1/26th part of his total songs.. what is the situation on your side... share plz...i hope this forum will help me in getting almost all of his songs..

regards
hamza
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
asad
post Feb 21 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 131

QUOTE(hamza @ Nov 7 2005, 08:41 AM) *

the otherday i was going through my collection of rafi songs and i counted the songs i have... it was like nine hundred something... i was surprised that rafi sung around 26 thousand songs in his life and i have not even 1/26th part of his total songs.. what is the situation on your side... share plz...i hope this forum will help me in getting almost all of his songs..

regards
hamza

Dear Humza,

The collection you have got is an impressive one. I am sure you are aware of the controversy surrounding the number of songs of both Rafi Saab and Lata Didi. Though the Guiness Book of World Records had mentioned it as 25,000 and around 30,000 (later of course they removed the names). According to the books which have been published which list the songs of Rafi Saab, the actual number seems to be closer to 5,000 songs. However it is not the quantity but the quality of the songs which matter. But this is a nice thread we should all try and get as many songs of Rafi Saab as is possible.

Asad.
+Quote Post
suhana_saffar
post Mar 12 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 287

QUOTE(asad @ Feb 21 2006, 05:04 PM) *

Dear Humza,
Though the Guiness Book of World Records had mentioned it as 25,000 and around 30,000 (later of course they removed the names). According to the books which have been published which list the songs of Rafi Saab, the actual number seems to be closer to 5,000 songs. However it is not the quantity but the quality of the songs which matter. But this is a nice thread we should all try and get as many songs of Rafi Saab as is possible.
Asad.

Yes the guiness has got it right as Rafisaab himself has said on a few occassions that he has sung about 25,000 plus songs and a noble and righteous person like him could only speak one thing - the truth.

In case of Rafisaab the quantity also comes with total quality, so every additinal song one gets is another piece of treasure.
+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Mar 12 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 295

QUOTE(suhana_saffar @ Mar 12 2006, 12:29 PM) *

Yes the guiness has got it right as Rafisaab himself has said on a few occassions that he has sung about 25,000 plus songs and a noble and righteous person like him could only speak one thing - the truth.

In case of Rafisaab the quantity also comes with total quality, so every additinal song one gets is another piece of treasure.

Ye bhi ho sakta hai ki media/fans ne hi ye figure Rafi Saheb ko bataya ho.
Jahan tak mera khayal hai Rafi Saheb ne khud apne gaye gaane kabhi gine nahin.

Wahi baat Lataji ke saath bhi hui. Jab Nerurkar kitab likhne baithe to unko Lata ke
5500+ gaane ke details mile.............

Rafi Saheb ke gaane ke upar kisine koi kitaab likhi hai kya???

(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/mellow.gif)
+Quote Post
makarand
post May 28 2006, 03:35 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: New Member
Member No.: 854

QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Mar 12 2006, 06:14 PM) *

Ye bhi ho sakta hai ki media/fans ne hi ye figure Rafi Saheb ko bataya ho.
Jahan tak mera khayal hai Rafi Saheb ne khud apne gaye gaane kabhi gine nahin.

Wahi baat Lataji ke saath bhi hui. Jab Nerurkar kitab likhne baithe to unko Lata ke
5500+ gaane ke details mile.............

Rafi Saheb ke gaane ke upar kisine koi kitaab likhi hai kya???

(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/mellow.gif)

It is quite an interesting topic. However, 26k songs seem to be very difficult to comprehend in a career spanning about 40 yrs. I would say so because those were the times when music directors used to rehearse a lot with music directors and duets were recorded together. Most of Rafi Saahab's songs (esp sung for Madan Mohan, Naushad and S-J) were intricate and needed lot of practice for any singer.
+Quote Post
veekay
post Jun 12 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #6

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 318

QUOTE(makarand @ May 27 2006, 10:05 PM) *

It is quite an interesting topic. However, 26k songs seem to be very difficult to comprehend in a career spanning about 40 yrs. I would say so because those were the times when music directors used to rehearse a lot with music directors and duets were recorded together. Most of Rafi Saahab's songs (esp sung for Madan Mohan, Naushad and S-J) were intricate and needed lot of practice for any singer.

Intresting topic. But if we do some simple arithmatic, things stand as follows

No. of active singing days 40*365 = 14600.

Avg. No. of songs sung/recorded/rehearsed per day = 26000/14600= 1.78

Is it difficult but possible or possible but difficult

Everybody can make his own conclusion. But why bother about all this. One thing we all agree upon is that a single song of great Rafi Saheb was more than equal to one hunderd sung by the likes of Sonu Shan etc.

regards

veekay
+Quote Post
makarand
post Jun 12 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(veekay @ Jun 12 2006, 11:37 AM) *

Intresting topic. But if we do some simple arithmatic, things stand as follows

No. of active singing days 40*365 = 14600.

Avg. No. of songs sung/recorded/rehearsed per day = 26000/14600= 1.78

Is it difficult but possible or possible but difficult

Everybody can make his own conclusion. But why bother about all this. One thing we all agree upon is that a single song of great Rafi Saheb was more than equal to one hunderd sung by the likes of Sonu Shan etc.

regards

veekay

Veekay, with due respect to Rafi Saheb's singing ability and your math, I do not intend in anyway to mean you people are wrong. Neither do I say that Rafi Saheb could not sing those many songs.
But those were the times when music directors would hold rehearsals with the singers personally. Duets used to be rehearsed and recorded with co-singers. Moreover, a lot of Rafi Saheb's songs were extremely difficult to sing and would take a lot of practice for a singer of any level to sing. Again, there were times when these people traveled, were sick, etc... Studios were less and smaller..So, although 1.78 songs per day is mathematically feasible, being a person who has seen those times makes me feel it is not possible.
I apologise if it has hurt your sentiments, but I had no such intentions.
+Quote Post
veekay
post Jun 12 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #8

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 318

QUOTE(makarand @ Jun 12 2006, 07:09 AM) *

Veekay, with due respect to Rafi Saheb's singing ability and your math, I do not intend in anyway to mean you people are wrong. Neither do I say that Rafi Saheb could not sing those many songs.
But those were the times when music directors would hold rehearsals with the singers personally. Duets used to be rehearsed and recorded with co-singers. Moreover, a lot of Rafi Saheb's songs were extremely difficult to sing and would take a lot of practice for a singer of any level to sing. Again, there were times when these people traveled, were sick, etc... Studios were less and smaller..So, although 1.78 songs per day is mathematically feasible, being a person who has seen those times makes me feel it is not possible.
I apologise if it has hurt your sentiments, but I had no such intentions.

Oh God. Dear dear dear makarand, you got me all wrong. I am neither on this side or that side of this discussion. Thats why I wrote and you perhaps did not pause to ponder over

Is it--possible but difficult OR difficult but possible.

We can be on any side of this OR and look at the whole thing. You obviously are on the left side. For me it does not matter and I just as I said am on neither side.

You have certainly and absolutely NOT hurt my sentiments as I am definitely not sentimental on this particular issue. So you have only succeeeded in embarassing me by offering an apology. Dear makarand please please smile and end this discussion with a big laugh (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/happy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/happy.gif)

regards

veekay
+Quote Post
makarand
post Jun 12 2006, 11:57 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(veekay @ Jun 12 2006, 11:45 PM) *

Oh God. Dear dear dear makarand, you got me all wrong. I am neither on this side or that side of this discussion. Thats why I wrote and you perhaps did not pause to ponder over

Is it--possible but difficult OR difficult but possible.

We can be on any side of this OR and look at the whole thing. You obviously are on the left side. For me it does not matter and I just as I said am on neither side.

You have certainly and absolutely NOT hurt my sentiments as I am definitely not sentimental on this particular issue. So you have only succeeeded in embarassing me by offering an apology. Dear makarand please please smile and end this discussion with a big laugh (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/happy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/happy.gif)

regards

veekay

Just forget it..no hard feelings.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 08:31 AM