IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Cricket World Cup - 2007 - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cricket World Cup - 2007, Who will win it
dhamaka
post Mar 19 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 55

(IMG:http://www.ndtv.com/ndtvcricket/images/woolmer_ap.jpg)

Bob Woolmer passes away

18 Mar 2007
NDTV Correspondent

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died after being rushed to University Hospital in Jamaica.

The 58-year-old former South African coach was found unconscious in his hotel room at 10:45 am local time on Sunday.

He was discovered lying on the floor of his room with vomit around him, and was taken by ambulance to hospital at 11.50 am Jamaica time.

Tell me something guys. Do you think daal mein kuchh kala hai?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Slate
post Mar 19 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #22

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 1,255

Puri Daal hi kaali hain Dhamakaji....

Its very sad and unfortunate day in the world of cricket.While it is easy to say that there is more to it than what is being felt, you cannot discount the fact that stress and tension can cause deaths. As he had said in his last interview to the press, the stress of being a coach, the travelling involved and staying in and out of hotels can all contribute to acute stress levels...

May his soul rest in peace.

Sujit
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 19 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 63

Bob Woolmer the man behind bringing in the modern day coaching techniques - A VERY SAD DAY

(IMG:http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3631/45669097yp2.jpg)

Mushtaq Ahmed gets emotional on hearing of Bob Woolmer's death

(IMG:http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2796/86011089hz8.jpg)

Inzamam-ul-Haq is in shock after hearing the tragic news of Bob Woolmer

(IMG:http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/228/24058657ri7.jpg)

Younis Khan and Inzamam-ul-Haq are in shock after hearing of Bob Woolmer's death

(IMG:http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5729/37891631xb2.jpg)

Talat Ali, the Pakistan team manager, leaves the hospital after announcing the death of Bob Woolmer

(IMG:http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6987/77845574qd9.jpg)

Talat Ali (L) listens as team spokesman Pervez Mir speaks to the media outside the hospital where Pakistan cricket team coach Bob Woolmer was taken after being found unconscious in his hotel room

(IMG:http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/979/13717344pk2.jpg)

Pakistan's cricket player Umar Gul (L) walks arm in arm with an unidentified member of the coaching staff following a news conference after the death of the coach Bob Woolmer in Kingston

(IMG:http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1404/26418499bt9.jpg)

Pakistan's player Younis Khan, right, and team manager Talat Ali comfort each other for the death of Pakistan teams' coach Bob Woolmer at the team hotel

(IMG:http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/956/31460716mi6.jpg)

Portia Simpson-Miller, left, Prime Minister of Jamaica offers condolences to Pakistan's team manager Talat Ali for the death of Pakistan teams' coach

(IMG:http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1779/43570684ag2.jpg)

Portia Simpson-Miller, right, Prime Minister of Jamaica comforts Pakistan's team manager Talat Ali for the death of Pakistan teams' coach Bob Woolmer

(IMG:http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6355/87131147ow8.jpg)

Pakistan cricket team spokesman Pervez Jamil Mir, right, announces the death of Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer as team manager Talat Ali, left, looks on
+Quote Post
arnab
post Mar 19 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 524

QUOTE(JS @ Mar 19 2007, 12:02 AM) *

Pakistan crashing out.Its nt good for the game of ckt though forget they being our alltime foe.But we wld never expect an Ireland playing the final of the WC or if they play GOD knows what wld happen.But if teams like Pkaistan and all who hv characters crashes out so early I dn't think its good for the game at this level and that also in a WC.Without taking anything away from Ireland I still feel next 20 times they meet pakis wld win atleast 19times.But still..............

I also feel t same......its nt good for t game that I can't see Pakistan nt in t contention, though ICC kept a league so that each team gets enough time 2 prove their mettle, it was a minnows day out

now coming 2 India, I strogly feel t characters we hv in Team India, though always a slow strater in most of t editions of WC, can bounce back with a bang and we all r expecting a stupendous show frm those 11 men in blue

now a few points that I felt India need 2 chk immediately if they r hoping for a favorable prospect

1.atleast 100 runs in t opening partnership wich nt only makes t task easy for t no. 3 and t middle order it also scripts a handsome total on t board

2.Its nt unknown that caribean tracks sometimes behave badly in terms of speed with which t ball comes 2 bat and more importantly t bounce, so definitely taking singles at a regular interval holds t key in t middle overs.

3.Player like Irfan Pathan is needed who can steady and accelerate t innings as and when reqd.

4.try 2 concentrate on hitting t ball timely as definitely outfield is slow and one has 2 try too hard 2 get big hits in t slog overs.

5.We can't afford 2 give away plenty of extra deliveries and runs, its nt acceptable in this standard

6.Agarkar has 2 b careful in shorter delivaries - he just can't afford 2 bowl far outside t off stump and when it comes t full length delivaries he has lure 2 batsman 2 come forward and make mistake, so bounce and line is important, no way aiming t pad of t batsman is acceptable.

7.Why even t slow bowlers r constantly going for leg side delivaries which r gamble - u can get wicket if t batsman is in hurry but in most probability u will end up with a wide, thus a wasted effort

yes, terrible loss 2 cricket as Bob Woolmer passes away now t pros and cons r 2 b seen as things develop

AKD
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 19 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

I don't know but this sad demise of Bob Woolmer has shaken me up very badly.Somehow I just can't digest it that this tremendous pressure created by fans,people around,media can become so cruel that it takes it toll in this way.A person who 48hours ago was fit and fine.............just a mere result of a game takes his life.........this is somehow not acceptable 2 me.Yesterday till 2am in the night I was glued 2 the tele shell shocked as how this has happened.If we r so badly affected........ just think of the guys who were involved with him for the last few years......as wht wld b their mental condition?

U guys must b thinking...........hey comeon whats there in a Woolmer........how is he involved with Indian ckt..........its a sad demise yes accepted ..............but let not overdo things by reacting so emotionaly.But honestly guys somehow I just can't accept that the man who has given the modern day ckt so much had 2 go like this.Just think of from the human perspective...............a man who was fit and fine till 17th evening breathes his last a few hours later succumbing 2 the enormous pressure and the sad turnaround of things.

Its definitely a BLACK day in the history of ckt.
My sincere request 2 all of u here atleast is lets not overreact 2 things happening around us...........if we lose also lets b critical but with a purpose AND not discuss as why the cktrs r earning crores in endorsements and while on the field they r on the losing side.Trust me no player wld ever wish 2 lose and also trust me that the endorsements they bag is sheerly due 2 their capability and hard work.So,lets behave like human beings.

LETS NOT B CRUEL.
+Quote Post
Praveen Jaiswal
post Mar 19 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,101

Atlast , Indian Team managed to gain some Respect back .
413 !!Now thats a HUUUUUGE score .
+Quote Post
arnab
post Mar 20 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

India bounced back in style, batsmen r fiting but at t same time time 2 sit and rectify a few points in bowling and fielding, I already hv mentioned
1.Agarkar bowling loose delivaries quite often and is harmful as now we r upto playing t names of Jayasuriya and Sangakara
2.Patel has 2 start as he his delivering with correect line and length
3.for fielding what India is doing they hv 2 pull some extra 2 save runs
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Mar 20 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #28

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

QUOTE(arnab @ Mar 20 2007, 12:55 AM) *

India bounced back in style, batsmen r fiting but at t same time time 2 sit and rectify a few points in bowling and fielding, I already hv mentioned
1.Agarkar bowling loose delivaries quite often and is harmful as now we r upto playing t names of Jayasuriya and Sangakara
2.Patel has 2 start as he his delivering with correect line and length
3.for fielding what India is doing they hv 2 pull some extra 2 save runs

Absolutely correct Arnab, Agarkar is not bowling like a frontline bowler, 80% of his bowls were too wide for the batsman to even try anything , that was Bermuda but the other teams will not forgive him for that, he will be butchered. Dravid should try Pathan/Shreesanth for the next game. Atleast Pathan can bat too. India needs to work on there running between the wickets as well and fielding.

Captaincy is the other weak point in team india, Dravid is very very text book captain, what was the need for such a defensive field set up yesterday. They almost score over 40 runs during the last 2 wickets. Filed placing is other problem.

The other point I am going to make is probably going to draw some flake here but I will bring my guts and say it, Dada is not playing like an opener , he got 4 chances, played the 18th over maiden (against a team like bermuda) and had an amazing 70 dot balls against 114 balls he faced, on a day when everyone had a strike rate of around 150% dada had around 70%. Cricket is a group game not an individual one, he may be scoring runs and his stats will look good but pressure of not scoring gets into other players of the team, atleast he can rotate the strike if not score 4s. The same thing he did against bangladesh game, once he had his 50 of over 100 deliveries, his duty was to stay there and score some fast runs at the end specially when Yuvi just got out but he thought may be my quota for the day is done so lets try to hit the ball out of the ground now. The way they are playing I do not think they will be able to beat SL, they have to play out of there skin and something extraordinary needs to happen for us to go to the next round. I am a pessimist when it comes to Indian cricket, lets see.

Regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Mar 21 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #29

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Now they are saying that there might be something fishy in Bob's death? is it????

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Pakista...how/1785989.cms

Regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Mar 21 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 75

QUOTE(banerjees @ Mar 20 2007, 06:38 PM) *

Absolutely correct Arnab, Agarkar is not bowling like a frontline bowler, 80% of his bowls were too wide for the batsman to even try anything , that was Bermuda but the other teams will not forgive him for that, he will be butchered. Dravid should try Pathan/Shreesanth for the next game. Atleast Pathan can bat too. India needs to work on there running between the wickets as well and fielding.

Captaincy is the other weak point in team india, Dravid is very very text book captain, what was the need for such a defensive field set up yesterday. They almost score over 40 runs during the last 2 wickets. Filed placing is other problem.

The other point I am going to make is probably going to draw some flake here but I will bring my guts and say it, Dada is not playing like an opener , he got 4 chances, played the 18th over maiden (against a team like bermuda) and had an amazing 70 dot balls against 114 balls he faced, on a day when everyone had a strike rate of around 150% dada had around 70%. Cricket is a group game not an individual one, he may be scoring runs and his stats will look good but pressure of not scoring gets into other players of the team, atleast he can rotate the strike if not score 4s. The same thing he did against bangladesh game, once he had his 50 of over 100 deliveries, his duty was to stay there and score some fast runs at the end specially when Yuvi just got out but he thought may be my quota for the day is done so lets try to hit the ball out of the ground now. The way they are playing I do not think they will be able to beat SL, they have to play out of there skin and something extraordinary needs to happen for us to go to the next round. I am a pessimist when it comes to Indian cricket, lets see.

Regards
-Sanjib

Yes I also think that once DADA is taking so many No of balls to score his runs he must stay till the end.. but in cricket it only takes one ball to get you out and unfortunately He got out at the wrong time in both the games.. probably had he stayed a bit longer he could have balanced the No of balls faced and Runs scored.

Bapa
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Mar 21 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #31

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(bapa1967 @ Mar 21 2007, 10:09 AM) *

Yes I also think that once DADA is taking so many No of balls to score his runs he must stay till the end.. but in cricket it only takes one ball to get you out and unfortunately He got out at the wrong time in both the games.. probably had he stayed a bit longer he could have balanced the No of balls faced and Runs scored.

Bapa

But this is exactly what I am against, he can balance out if he stays a bit longer that's right , but its not about him and his stats , it is about TEAM INDIA and how he can help INDIA win and not score a fifty in each match in 150 balls, had he been a non bengali would we spared him then, we took apart Dravid when he used to play like that 5 years ago. In the end the 88 dot balls which he played agianst Bangladesh (equivalent to almost 14-15 overs) will still go waste even if he is able to manage it at teh end.

Now I am not against Dada in any way (I would pick any other player too if they played in same way, actually Sachin also played like Dada), infact I like him a lot but the point I am trying to make is the opening stand is very imp. a few shaky players at the top can disturb the impetus required. Dada, Viru and Robin are still shaky for whatever resons and that puts a lot of pressure on the other players. The same pitch the same team and see how SL is treating them today. I think all the players were too cautious or too bervous in the first game, may be if the Bermuda game would have been the first game we would not be staring at the gun right now.

more later.

regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 22 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

End Of A Great Era

(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)

(IMG:http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8479/72746893ou2.jpg)

Inzamam-ul-Haq makes a tearful trudge back to the pavilion after falling for 37 in his final ODI

(IMG:http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4204/96529318dm6.jpg)

An emotional Inzamam-ul-Haq leaves the field after getting out in his final ODI

(IMG:http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2092/85725781ts2.jpg)

Inzamam-ul-Haq acknowledges the crowd after making 37 in his last one-dayer, Pakistan v Zimbabwe

(IMG:http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2435/86201280uz1.jpg)

Inzamam-ul-Haq waves to the crowd as he leaves the one-day field for the final time
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 22 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...lead/lead1.html

Woolmer's neck was broken: police sources

A high-ranking police officer confirmed yesterday that fresh evidence has surfaced, suggesting that Pakistan's cricket coach Bob Woolmer was strangled in his room at the Jamaica Pegasus hotel, New Kingston, between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

According to the police officer, the 58-year-old Woolmer was found half naked in his room, partially wrapped in a towel.

Homicide

"A bone in the neck, near the glands, was broken, and this suggests that somebody might have put some pressure on it," the officer told The Gleaner.

"We are now treating this as a homicide."

Despite this, Assistant Commissioner of Police Owen Ellington, head of World Cup security here, said he was not confirming any rumours of strangulation.

On Tuesday, an autopsy conducted on Woolmer's body by Government pathologist, Dr. Ere Sheshiah, proved inconclusive as to the cause of death.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Mark Shields said then that the police were awaiting the results of the toxicology and histology analysis from Woolmer's tissue sample.

Late yesterday, however, a release from the Jamaica Constabulary Force director of communications, Karl Angell, said a second opinion was being sought.

A second pathologist

"Following consultations today (yesterday) involving representatives from the Government of Jamaica and the police, a decision was taken to seek the opinion of a second pathologist," the release said.

Meanwhile, a high-profile police team, led by top investigator, Deputy Superintendent of Police Colin Pinnock, held a high-level meeting on the ground floor of the Pegasus hotel as the investigations intensified.

The Gleaner was told that the police last night interviewed members of the Pakistan cricket team.

Initially, arrangements were made for the police to interview the players this morning before their flight to Montego Bay, St. James where they will spend two days before leaving on Saturday.

It is now unclear whether the team will be allowed to leave as initially scheduled.

Apart from combing the room in which Woolmer was found for more evidence, the police yesterday interviewed hotel staff who worked on the day Woolmer was found in his room.

The detectives also reviewed tapes from closed-circuit cameras at the hotel, which should give them clues as to who entered his room during the period in question.

The Gleaner has also been reliably informed that Woolmer was found unconscious in his room just after 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning and not at 10:45 a.m. as Pakistan's media manager P.J. Mir said on Sunday.

However Eldon Bremner, the hotel's general manager, has said the 8:00 a.m. suggestion is "grossly inaccurate" and added that he would not comment further as it was a police matter.

Yesterday Pakistan won their first match of the ICC Cricket World Cup, beating Zimbabwe at Sabina Park.

The day, despite being blessed with glorious strokeplay, was a sombre one, especially with Eagles Drum and Bugle Corp playing soft gospel music for most of the day. Many Pakistani fans held signs which sought to honour the memory of Woolmer.

The Pakistani players for the most part looked jaded and their captain, Inzamam-ul-Haq, later said the last few days had been stressful for the team.

Inzamam-ul-Haq declined to field questions from the media during the post game press conference at Sabina Park. He however said the game was dedicated to Woolmer.

Meanwhile Mir, who spoke with The Gleaner after the press conference, dismissed the suggestions of strangulation as wild speculation.

"The statements of speculation which have come on Jamaican television, I'm afraid I cannot count them as accurate because ... 'the Jamaican Police Constabulary Force doesn't give us official information as to what are the causes of Bob's death," Mir said.

Mir, when asked by The Gleaner when the team will depart, took thought for a moment and then snapped "shortly".

(IMG:http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6029/94598517dp3.jpg)

Nadeem Khan, a Pakistani fan, was nearly thrown out of Sabina Park for holding up this sign inside the stadium yesterday, when Pakistan met Zimbabwe in Cricket World Cup action. The Gleaner witnessed Khan being told by Ray Foy, stadia safety manager, that his sign was unnerving people, and he should not show it anymore. During the game he sat next to the Pakistan dressing room, and Mr. Foy told him he had received enough complaints about his sign. Khan said he was just honouring Bob Woolmer's memory.
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 23 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Woolmer was murdered: Police

23 Mar 2007
NDTV Correspondent

A few hours after the Jamaican Police addressed a press conference confirming that Bob Woolmer was in fact murdered comes the startling update that the police have already made an arrest in the case.

They are currently questioning him and may be in a position to disclose who was responsible for Woolmer's death in a few hours.

This information was given to NDTV by Hamid Mir, CEO of GEO TV.

The nationality of this person has not been revealed but the channel claims the person is not a Jamaican.

The report suggests that the person spoke on his cellphone to the team members of not only Pakistan but also Sri Lankan and Indian cricket teams

Mir's information seems to definitely lend credence to the theory that match-fixing and bookies are at the heart of this murder.

This is because Woolmer was writing two books, which allegedly contained information that could have been potentially damaging.

However, this theory is being rubbished by two men who were involved in the book in some way.

Tim Noakes, who was one of the co-authors, said the manuscript did not touch on match-fixing. He said there was no truth in the story because nobody could have known what was in the book.

Manuscript row

This, of course, is now highly debatable since Woolmer had the manuscript with him in Jamaica and was upset over a few pages going missing.

Now, the entire manuscript is said to have vanished. Noakes goes on to say that the only secret Bob was revealing in the book was how to coach cricketers properly.

To confuse matters further, an earlier statement from Woolmer's family had said that the book was based on Woolmer's experiences and philosophies as a coach and that the final manuscript only reached the West Indies a day after the former Pakistan coach died.

Meanwhile, Ivo Tennant, who was ghost writing the 58-year- olds autobiography, told a London-based newspaper there was "nothing incriminating" in the manuscript.

It was in the early stages, but match-fixing was never mentioned and as far as he knows there were no plans to do so.

According to the police, it would have taken effort to strangle a large man like Woolmer. So they believe there is a possibility of there being more than one person in the room.

However, the police said it was too early to say why Woolmer was murdered.

Under suspicion

As the authorities get on a more rigourous and faster course of investigation into Woolmer's murder, nothing is being ruled out.

Pegasus Hotel, where the Pakistani cricket team and Woolmer were staying, needs punch-in cards to access rooms, suggesting that someone known to the team and the coach could have accessed the room.

The Pakistani team and Woolmer were staying on the same floor and reports suggest that the assailant could also be staying on the same floor as Woolmer's.

Meanwhile, NDTV spoke to Pakistan team member Danish Kaneria, who was staying in the room next to Woolmer in the hotel.

He's the only Pakistani player to speak to the media about the murder.

"I did not hear any noises coming out of Woolmer's room," he said.

The question that is puzzling investigators is how Danish Kaneria did not hear anything even as Woolmer was perhaps involved in a struggle of some sort.

According to reports, Paul Condon, who is with ICC's corruption unit, will assist in the probe.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Mar 24 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

so its all over for team India, we all saw t sad demise of hope harboured by millions of ppl across t globe.

now a few facts

1.In a track that provided no assistance 2 seamers and spinners - one of t most formidable batting line up in t world faltered for t second time in 3 matches

2.Little master,hving rcord runs in WC, predictably failed when it was reqd. that too in a fashion which hadly any of his admirers wud want 2 remember - a straight and fuller delivery found t gap between bat and pad, rocking t stumps after a big inside edge.

3.Only our ex captain can explain what he was up to in all t matches - frankly speaking all of his innings looked like as if some one is trying hard 2 secure his place in t team

4.absolutely sloppy fielding and a rich tradition of giving away plenty of extras

5.At the end of 24 overs we gave away 16 overs as dots - chasing 250 asks for keeping t score board moving with singles and twos wile nt loosing wkts, if one only rely on big shots he has 2 pay t price 2day or tmrw.

6.When a team can't score more than 30 in t opening partnership its virtually loosing all t advantages it creates other way

7.One can get wickets only if he makes t batsman play t ball and nt judge t balls as they r all lined at out side t off stamp - think how many delivaries we made 2 play Jayawardhane and how many they made us play.

8.A really hapless situation whr clearly a total team effort is completely missing nobody can help

9.Fitness - t extra weight many of our heros hv put on r clearly visible while they try 2 run

even we cus hv made 2 t next round same thing wud hv happened while playing against those mighty Aussies or t south Africans

a really sad and shameful day for Indian ckt that they cudn't pass t first round, cud nt play stipulated 50 overs in 2 matches out of three. Probably our ckting administrators will understand it better - the incompetence we hv developed in t name of preparations.

AKD
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Mar 24 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 75

This is the worst day for Indian Cricket... Worst performance at the WC after the 1979 debacle where they failed to win a single match.(this time a little better with a win against Bermuda)...

Everybody is blamming Dravid and Chappel for this debacle..but tell me are they the onle one to be blammed for this... Did Chappel instructed Sachin to miss a straight ball... or to Saurav to play like that...or Dhoni to play as if he is in the midst of a telephone call...or have instructed Uthappa to only play like a tailender.. I really wonder why Uthappa was atall selected..
And what was Irfan Pathan selected for... only to carry the drinks???

Sadly we will soon forget all this and again shower or praise for these persons as their seems hardly anybody around to replace them... Where is the bench strength in our team...

I strongly believe that where both Bangladesh and Srilanka have raised their respective Games to the next level, we have fallen a step back...

Bapa
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 25 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

Guys,
I do understand the mental frame of mind u all r in.But dn't worry!Bermuda wld win against Bangladesh tomorrow and India wld qualify for next round.Remember 1992 WC.Pakistan the evntual winners lost 3 of their 8 group matches and one was abandoned against England where they got all out for 74 and Eng was 24/1 when rain washed out.If Pak wld hv lost that match they wldn't hv qualified for the semis.But yes they had n inspirational leader in Imran Khan.

But still I think India will qualify.Pakka news.
+Quote Post
dnjham
post Mar 25 2007, 01:21 AM
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 188

Maybe U R Right JS
But does "DADS ARMY" really deserve to be in the second round.
Right now just watch the AUS - SA game & u will know
SA are really pushing hard at present
Rgds
DIpak
+Quote Post
arnab
post Mar 25 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Mar 25 2007, 01:00 AM) *

But still I think India will qualify.Pakka news.

is it hoping against hope or playing with own mind for consolation?
t emotional outburst t fans across t country r showing is obvious but at t same time burning effigies,destroying properties of t cricketers,bringing out a funeral of t cricketers show how we take t game - players r king if they score and r culprits if they loose.thye shud behave like a human being, I saw ppl saying abt Ads cricketers doing, they r being offered and they r accepting it and earning money - nothing wrong in it, t same ADs bcom a piece 2 see if India wins and now they r at t point blank as t team has lost, so is t doing endorsements shud b driven by t results? give ur honest opinions
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 25 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Mar 25 2007, 10:16 AM) *

is it hoping against hope or playing with own mind for consolation?
t emotional outburst t fans across t country r showing is obvious but at t same time burning effigies,destroying properties of t cricketers,bringing out a funeral of t cricketers show how we take t game - players r king if they score and r culprits if they loose.thye shud behave like a human being, I saw ppl saying abt Ads cricketers doing, they r being offered and they r accepting it and earning money - nothing wrong in it, t same ADs bcom a piece 2 see if India wins and now they r at t point blank as t team has lost, so is t doing endorsements shud b driven by t results? give ur honest opinions

Arnab just dn't even bother abt these chaps who burns effigies today and hero worship the next day.They dn't hv any stand at all.They r basically a frustrated bunch of jokers.If cktrs r earning money they r doing due 2 their credentials,but it seems these frustrated guys r jealous of the fact.Anyway pay less heed 2 these guys.

Now coming 2 urs and dipak's question I always believe playing,watching the game the Javed Miandad way.No room given,u hv 2 earn it.And there's nothing wrong in front door or backdoor.How many remember how Pakisatn qualified for the finals in 92?They all remember that they played like champions under the able leadership of King Khan.And thats what matters most.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2019 - 02:19 AM