IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
87th birth anniversary of - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 87th birth anniversary of, Legend Singer Mukesh
vasudev0409
post Jul 22 2010, 01:31 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 242

Friends,

I like to commemorate MUKESHJI'S 87th birthday(22th July) with the following song which is
one of my favourites:
Koyaliya tere bol sune to birhan ka khoye sukh chain
Ek chhen jiya jale dukhdayi ek chhen bhar bhar awat nain
Koyaliya ur ja jehan nahi bol

vasudev
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
indydave
post Jul 22 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 250

Thanks for this one, Vasudev (and, good to see you on the forums too!).

On Mukesh's birthday, I wanted to share this favorite of mine.

I heard this song for the first time a year or two ago, and it has since simply captured my imagination.

Mukesh tugs at your heart-strings unrelentingly, and you are left mesmerized at the dard-bhare timbre that Mukesh generates. Jaidev scores beautifully.
Whenever I hear this song, it stays with me for the rest of the day (like today), so plaintive is Mukesh's lament.

Mukesh - Tum Hi Ne Dil Ko Dil Samjhaa Nahin Hai (Chand Grahan, 71, MD J)

Indydave
+Quote Post
kiran8
post Jul 22 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #3

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 19,078

I would like to add one of his most touching and memorable songs of the sixties...

Wohi oodhi oodhi ghataye hai ik tu nahin ...
Film : Mere ghar mere bachhe
music :- Sardar Malik...

This film also had the lovely Mukesh - Suman Kalyanpur duet ' Baharon se poocho mere mere pyar ko tum...
+Quote Post
kiran8
post Jul 22 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #4

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 19,078

QUOTE(indydave @ Jul 22 2010, 08:48 AM) *

Thanks for this one, Vasudev (and, good to see you on the forums too!).
On Mukesh's birthday, I wanted to share this favorite of mine.

I heard this song for the first time a year or two ago, and it has since simply captured my imagination.

Mukesh tugs at your heart-strings unrelentingly, and you are left mesmerized at the dard-bhare timbre that Mukesh generates. Jaidev scores beautifully.
Whenever I hear this song, it stays with me for the rest of the day (like today), so plaintive is Mukesh's lament.
Mukesh - Tum Hi Ne Dil Ko Dil Samjhaa Nahin Hai (Chand Grahan, 71, MD J)

Indydave

Thanks a lot for this Indydave...Mukesh is at his best when he is singing all those heart tugging romantic melodies..
+Quote Post
indydave
post Jul 26 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

You're very welcome, Kiran!

Vasudev - I had a question for you. Which song was Mukesh's first playback song in Hindi?
Was it 'Dil Hi Bujhaa Huaa Toe Kyaa' from 'Nirdosh'?

Indydave
+Quote Post
vasudev0409
post Jul 26 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 242

QUOTE(indydave @ Jul 26 2010, 03:41 AM) *

You're very welcome, Kiran!

Vasudev - I had a question for you. Which song was Mukesh's first playback song in Hindi?
Was it 'Dil Hi Bujhaa Huaa Toe Kyaa' from 'Nirdosh'?

Indydave

Dave,

Indeed, Dil hi bujha hua was his first film song.

vasudev
+Quote Post
surhall
post Jul 26 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 35

hi
yes this for hindi movie , but non hindi song sing before 1940
dhall
+Quote Post
surhall
post Jul 27 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 35

sangeet ka safar

about singer mukesh ji from AUGUST 25, 1985 THE HINDUSTAN TIMES SUNDAY MAGAZINE

That was the time I met him last . It was in front
of Bhagirath Palace in Chandini Chowk were I had gone to buy some medicines that I found myself looking at a person that was Mukesh .

We looked at each other and for a while kept on staring at each other without saying anything . Then he said " Anil Da , what are you doing here ? " I asked him " what are you doing here ? " In reply he did what he always did . I lifted him and gave him a bear hug. I them told him that I was in search of some medicines . Mukesh introduced a gentleman who was with him and whose presence I had not noticed till then said that there was so and so and in future I could just give him a tinkle and the medicine or anything else would be found and delivered .

The gentleman asked Mukesh as to who I was and added that he could , of course , guess some thing from the manner of his greeting . " He is Anil Biswas , Who made Mukesh what he is today " he said . I told him never to repeat this statement and added that no one ever made anyone ; it was all God 's grace and that I was only a medium .

I repeated the question as to what he was doing there . Mukesh said that he had a concert at Ambala or some such place and that he was on his way to that place . He said that he tried to telephone mea number of times but could not get through and enquired as to what had happened to my telephone . I said " The same thing that happens to all the telephones in Delhi . But why did you telephone ? Do you think i do not want to see your face or is it that you do not want to see my face ? " He went on saying " No Anil Da , Not so , whenever I come here I am in the hands of others and am conducted around all the time and before I know what is happening , I am back in Bombay . " That was the last time I saw Mukesh , my Mukesh .

Mukesh was brought to me in 1949 or 41 , I do not exactly remember , by my friend late Motilal - the one and only Motilal of whom the film industry would ever remain proud . Moti said , " Here is a boy , I am just leaving him to you . He says he sings , I know that he does , I have heard him ." and that was the beginning .

He had the voice and what a voice but no training . He sang by instinct and could not execute Meends or Murkis . But the tonal quality was superb and I fell in love with timbre . I started rubbing it into him but it was difficult for Mukesh to imitate my technique that had a combined touch of classical and Bengali style of singing which was rather unfamiliar to Mukesh .

After a few months I had a song that I thought I could offer him . The song was " Sanjh Bhayee Banjaray " and after a lot of efforts I almost gave up as he could not do it the way I wanted . Meanwhile , the producer , the late Mr. Mehboob Khan was pressurizing that the song be recorded soon . I had to sing the song and finish the job for the producer . I had been occasionally singing for his films . After hearing the recording of the song Mukesh said something that touched me the core . He said , " Dada who else could express this song as you have . But , Dada does the mean we shall never have a chance to sing your songs ? " He asked me like a helpless child whose toy had been suddenly taken away from him .

That night I could not sleep . I said to myself , " What are you doing ? If you go on singing songs yourself what will happen to the young aspirants who possess talent and grace . Is it fair to the boy called Mukesh and to all such aspirants ?" And I could sleep only after I had decided firmly and finally not to sing professionally thereafter .

After this incident and till the day when " Dil Jalta Hai To Jalne De" was recorded , almost four years had passed . In between , the grilling went on . Mukesh went about one studio to another , one music director to another but nothing much came out of it . He used to see me now and then or ring up and seek my guidance occasionally . He was not the singer that we know as Mukesh today , but he did sing .

Then came Pehli Nazar , and with it Motilal , Anil Biswas and Dr. Safdar "Aah" Sitapuri , the writer of the song . The year was 1946 and that year " Dil Jalta " was recorded which was picturised on Motilal who was the hero of the film . Mukesh sang it with such pathos and emotional intensity that many belived it was rendered was Saigal . " Dil Jalta Hai " launched Mukesh on to a journey where he never had to look back .

Mukesh soon became amuch sought-after singer and had the occasion and experience of singing with a large number of music directors . But whenever there was a song that suited Mukesh , neither I nor Mukesh missed it . He sang my songs on a number of occasions including those in " ladli " which was one of my productions . Its song " Zamane Ka Dastur Hai Yeh Purana " had become very famous .

My last picture with him was Motilal's " Choti Choti Baten " . This was also the last picture of Motilal . It was started quite some years ago but Motilal had a paralytic stroke . There were also financial difficulties . Mukesh took over the entire responsibility of completing the film . He phoned me from Bombay when the picture was completed and said , " Dada , the shooting is finished and now the background music is to be done so that I can deliver it to the distributors . " I thought that doing something for a friend like Motilal would be a proud privilege . I was then with the All India Radio and had to take leave to go to Bombay for this purpose .

When I reached Bombay , I found that Motilal was in a nursing home . Mukesh said , " Dada there is no one for Motilal excepting you and me ." Motilal was literally living as if to see the release of his film . The background music was done in about two days only with Sitar, Sarod, Flute, Santoor and Drums . When music was completed , I rang up Motilal in the nursing home around eight in the evening and said , " Moti I have completed the background music " . and I could definitely hear a sigh of relief even on the telephone .

After a moment's silence he asked me as to when I was meeting him. I said ," tomorrow , around eleven." But next morning before I could go to nursing home I learnt that he was no more. Instead of exchanging memories next days , I had to give my shoulder to his janaza. So did Mukesh who had taken the entire film on his shoulders .

Mukesh had developed into a fine singer in due course. One day at Regal cinema , Delhi I saw " Himalaya Ki Gode Mein " and was touched by the maturity his singing. He had sung for many top star. But it was for Raj Kapoor that his voice suited to the "T". This matching is , perhaps , unequalled in the film industry. As he grew in the profession , he did not have to be at the beck and call of Anil Biswas or anybody for that matter. He was very busy and dates had to be taken from him much in advance as in the case of stars.

I have meet millions of people in my life and Mukesh was one of those few whom I regard as an elevated soul who retained his humility and humanity despite all the hullabaloo of the film industry. I have seen him standing in the queue like any other devotee in front of the Hanuman Mandir with his bowl of oil, pedas and flowers for the offering. This was a man who used to go out of the way to help not only his colleagues but anyone he came in contact with and became friends. He would ask in his inimitable manner , " I am going to such and such place , is there anything I can do for you?" The only other such person I know of this nature is Chandrakant Naik , my Tabla player.

There was hardly a man who was not his friend and I hardly remember a man who was his enemy. Better musicians probably will come and go but Mukesh will remain Mukesh. Death came to him suddenly and he died in harness while performing. What the T.V. news did to me on that fateful day is beyond words. I, however , drew satisfaction and pride on seeing him on the T.V. a couple days of later, performing in full glory in America in the last concert of his life. Mukesh , who was a part of me had became history. Words are mere words , which can not describe the inner beauty of a soul that was Mukesh.

dhall
+Quote Post
indydave
post Aug 1 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(vasudev0409 @ Jul 26 2010, 01:45 AM) *

Dave,

Indeed, Dil hi bujha hua was his first film song.

vasudev

Thanks for the confirmation, Vasudev!

Indydave
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 05:49 PM