IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
On Kartikeya's Request - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> On Kartikeya's Request, Songs from PATHAAN(1962)
vasudev0409
post Aug 7 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 242

Kartikeya Ji,

Here you are!

1. Aaja ke bulate hain

2. Chand mera badalon mein.

vasudev
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
indydave
post Aug 7 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 250

Thanks for these, Vasudev - I don't think I've heard these before,

Indydave
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Aug 8 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #3

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 1,142

QUOTE(indydave @ Aug 7 2010, 11:14 PM) *

Indydave

My Dear (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/ph34r.gif) Indydave, (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/ph34r.gif)

Hope you have listened to both of them by now! They are realy smooth and silky in Talat's voice.
Pathan was Madhubala's own production, and I think Premnath was the hero in it, but I am not sure. I wonder who must have sung these soulful soloes on the screen. One is definitely horrified at the thought of either Pradeepkumar or Premnath or Bharat Bhushan spoiling them with their wooden renderings.

Due to Madhubala's ill-health the film got floundered onm but was released sometime in 1960 or 62 and expectedly bomshelled at the box office.

G. Kartikeya
(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif)

[size=3]PS: Wooden face or an expressive face of the hero , I will be much happy to get VCD of the film![/size]
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Aug 8 2010, 10:10 AM
Post #4

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(vasudev0409 @ Aug 7 2010, 02:29 AM) *

Kartikeya Ji,

Here you are!

1. Aaja ke bulate hain

vasudev

My Dear Vasudev Ji, (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/huh.gif)

I had Aaja Ke Bulate Hai in 16 kbps in very poor quality. I have put some 4000 songs in my mobile, and I will add these two to them.

By the way I think the second solo is set to music by Fakir Chand and not by Jimmy. Can you please verify. The film had music by four-five fellows. However, I know only these two songs. I also know some other songs by Jimmy, but none by Fakir Chand (by the way who was he? Any idea?)

Jimmy's evergreen duet Hame Pyar Karne Na Dega Jamana, is quite hummable.

Regards,

G. Kartikeya
+Quote Post
vasudev0409
post Aug 8 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(G. Kartikeya @ Aug 8 2010, 04:40 AM) *

My Dear Vasudev Ji, (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/huh.gif)

I had Aaja Ke Bulate Hai in 16 kbps in very poor quality. I have put some 4000 songs in my mobile, and I will add these two to them.

By the way I think the second solo is set to music by Fakir Chand and not by Jimmy. Can you please verify. The film had music by four-five fellows. However, I know only these two songs. I also know some other songs by Jimmy, but none by Fakir Chand (by the way who was he? Any idea?)

Jimmy's evergreen duet Hame Pyar Karne Na Dega Jamana, is quite hummable.

Regards,

G. Kartikeya

Dear Kartikeya Ji,

You are indeed right. The MD for the second song is not Jimmy but Fakir Moh. Asar.Is Fakir Moh. Asar who is credited for this song on the CD(Rare Gems CD PMLP 5554) and HFGK the Fakir Chand you mentioned?
According to HFGK the film had 9 MD's.

vasudev
+Quote Post
vasudev0409
post Aug 8 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(G. Kartikeya @ Aug 8 2010, 04:30 AM) *

My Dear (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/ph34r.gif) Indydave, (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/ph34r.gif)

Hope you have listened to both of them by now! They are realy smooth and silky in Talat's voice.
Pathan was Madhubala's own production, and I think Premnath was the hero in it, but I am not sure. I wonder who must have sung these soulful soloes on the screen. One is definitely horrified at the thought of either Pradeepkumar or Premnath or Bharat Bhushan spoiling them with their wooden renderings.

Due to Madhubala's ill-health the film got floundered onm but was released sometime in 1960 or 62 and expectedly bomshelled at the box office.

G. Kartikeya
[size=3]PS: Wooden face or an expressive face of the hero , I will be much happy to get VCD of the film![/size]

Kartikeya Ji,

Premnath was the hero and it is obvious that this song was picturised on him.I haven't seen the movie
but with supporting actors Bhagwan and Iftekar it is not likely that the song was picturised on them.

vasudev
+Quote Post
A.Alibhai
post Aug 8 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #7

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 452

Thank you very much Vasudev for Pathaan songs.
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Aug 8 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #8

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(vasudev0409 @ Aug 8 2010, 01:45 PM) *

Dear Kartikeya Ji,

You are indeed right. The MD for the second song is not Jimmy but Fakir Moh. Asar.Is Fakir Moh. Asar who is credited for this song on the CD(Rare Gems CD PMLP 5554) and HFGK the Fakir Chand you mentioned?
According to HFGK the film had 9 MD's.

vasudev

Dear Vasudev Ji, (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)

I was wrong about the name being Fakir Chand! The fact was I could recall only the Fakir part of it and had only vague idea of the full name.

What surprises me is how could Madhubala choose Prem Nath as hero in her own film, because had publicly and shamelessly declared his love for her earlier! How could her father allow it!

Then why as many as nine music composers were gathered for the movie? What was the point?

GK (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
vasudev0409
post Aug 8 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(indydave @ Aug 7 2010, 05:44 PM) *

Indydave

Dave,

You are welcome!
These are indeed very rare songs.Luckily these two were issued
on the CD Rare gems otherwise we would have miss them.

vasudev
+Quote Post
vasudev0409
post Aug 8 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(G. Kartikeya @ Aug 8 2010, 04:40 PM) *

Dear Vasudev Ji, (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)

I was wrong about the name being Fakir Chand! The fact was I could recall only the Fakir part of it and had only vague idea of the full name.

What surprises me is how could Madhubala choose Prem Nath as hero in her own film, because had publicly and shamelessly declared his love for her earlier! How could her father allow it!

Then why as many as nine music composers were gathered for the movie? What was the point?

GK (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif)

Dear GK,

Maybe all nine were admirers of Madhubala!She proved to be a mature professional by selecting
Premnath as her hero,isn't it?Aur baap bechara kya kare?

vasudev

QUOTE(A.Alibhai @ Aug 8 2010, 04:21 PM) *

Thank you very much Vasudev for Pathaan songs.

You are welcome, Alibhai!

vasudev
+Quote Post
indydave
post Aug 8 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

GK,

Thank God you did not label the composer as 'Fikar Chand' (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/tongue.gif)

It would be good to get some more information on Fakir Mohd Asar.
According to HFGK, these are the nine composers for this movie -

1. Fakir Mohammad
2. Jimmy
3. Asar
4. Shambhu
5. Dattaraj (Yet another Datta!)
6. Raajbhushan
7. David
8. Brijbhushan
9. Shyambabu Pathak

Indydave
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Aug 9 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #12

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(indydave @ Aug 8 2010, 11:56 PM) *

GK,

Thank God you did not label the composer as 'Fikar Chand' (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/tongue.gif)
It would be good to get some more information on Fakir Mohd Asar.
According to HFGK, these are the nine composers for this movie -

1. Fakir Mohammad
2. Jimmy
3. Asar
4. Shambhu
5. Dattaraj (Yet another Datta!)
6. Raajbhushan
7. David
8. Brijbhushan
9. Shyambabu Pathak

Indydave

My Dear (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/ph34r.gif) IndyBabu, (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/ph34r.gif)

I did recall the 'Fakir' part of it alright! The problem was of mixing Mohd. with Chand...

Now the mystery (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/blush.gif) really deepens! Where have all these nine men gone? They seem to have vanished completely from the Hindi film scenario...Again it seems that the song Chand Mera Badalon mein Kho Gaya was given music by two and not one fellow (Nos. 1 & 3 in the list. Now the next question is : Is this Mr. Asar same as one of the trio of Lala Asar Sattar (which till a few days back I thought to be one person. They turned out to be three!).

I know only two other names of the list: Jimmy and Shyam Babu Pathak. Both have a few films in their names. Both seems to be having the habit of joining others in giving music to films. In Jeet even S. D. Burman had to become his partner!

Well! I suppose we should launch our own investigations in tracing these Madubala composers, if anybody is ready to finance our fees as Do Jasoos. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/huh.gif) If she could locate these nine wandering musicians why cannot we get their whereabouts?

The most intriguing to me is Mr David! Where did Madhubala find this Christian soul for a Pathan movie!?

Hope you will join forces with me in the noble quest...

May be I will see Mr Chandrashekhar in Mumbai next month and I will try to get information from him. He was President of some big filmy workers association. So he might be knowing..also he is old enough to know at 87

G. Kartikeya (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
indydave
post Aug 9 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

In addition to Jimmy and Shyambabu Pathak, I have also heard of Brij Bhushan previously.
Brij Bhushan had a fantastic song for Mukesh that I can immediately recall - Tum Humsafar Bano Toe Jahaan (Ek Naao Do Kinaare)

That's not a bad connection between Fakir MA and Asar of Lala-Asar-Sattar fame.
Worth following up on,

Indydave

PS: I'll be more than happy to team up with you as 'Do Jasoos' - I am sure that the filmi results will make us the next version of Johar-Mehmood. Throw Romee into the mix, and god knows what could happen (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
G. Kartikeya
post Aug 9 2010, 01:01 AM
Post #14

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Yes, Romee can be the hero of our mission Nine Missing Composers, afterall he is the most eligible bachelore of all of us!

And, of course, we can now look forward to our dear Sriman Vasudev Ji to get us this Mukesh gem of Pandit Brij Bhushan's composition from Ek Naao Do Kinare (never heard of this fim. Thanks for improving my general knowledge!)

Really yours,

GK
(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Search.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Search.gif)
+Quote Post
indydave
post Aug 9 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(G. Kartikeya @ Aug 8 2010, 02:31 PM) *

Yes, Romee can be the hero of our mission Nine Missing Composers, afterall he is the most eligible bachelore of all of us!

And, of course, we can now look forward to our dear Sriman Vasudev Ji to get us this Mukesh gem of Pandit Brij Bhushan's composition from Ek Naao Do Kinare (never heard of this fim. Thanks for improving my general knowledge!)

Really yours,

GK
(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Search.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Search.gif)

I've uploaded this Mukesh song on Tabar's thread here,

Indydave
+Quote Post
Tabar
post Aug 31 2010, 12:59 AM
Post #16

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 934

QUOTE(vasudev0409 @ Aug 6 2010, 04:59 PM) *

Kartikeya Ji,

Here you are!

1. Aaja ke bulate hain

vasudev

Thank you Vasudev for these songs.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 02:53 PM