IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
WHY INDIA IS DESTINED TO WIN THE 'ICC WORLD CUP' THIS YEAR - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WHY INDIA IS DESTINED TO WIN THE 'ICC WORLD CUP' THIS YEAR, this is mighty interesting!!!
dhamaka
post Mar 31 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 55

The last time India won the Cricket World Cup was in the year 1983, under the captaincy of Kapil Dev, right? It was the most memorable occasion of Indian cricket.

A little while ago someone pointed out a very interesting fact to me. The calendars of 1983 and this year are exactly the same...check it out:

(IMG:http://joydeep.fileave.com/JB_Pics/cs_calendar.jpg)

This is extremely rare........and, I suppose, happens once in a lifetime. So there's no harm in assuming that there's going be a repetition of the '83 world cup, what say??
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JS
post Mar 31 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 63

JB....................

Unfortunately India will nt win this time.Its destined.

Also SL is a much better allround team on a given day and I somehow feel that luck has been a favouring factor throughout Anhonee's captaincy till date.But things r changing now.
+Quote Post
indydave
post Apr 1 2011, 05:17 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 250

Interesting, Joydeep, but not as rare as you think. :)

Calendar years repeat themselves fairly regularly. Based on how they are spaced from a preceding leap year, the cycles differ slightly.

For example, 2011 is the 3rd year after the last leap year (2008), and repeats in a 11-11-6 cycle.
The last calendar year that matched 2011 was 2005 (6 years ago), the one before that was 1994, and the one before that was 1983 (as you pointed out).

The next such year would be 2022,
Indydave
+Quote Post
arnab
post Apr 1 2011, 09:51 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 524

QUOTE(JS @ Mar 31 2011, 07:32 PM) *

JB....................

Unfortunately India will nt win this time.Its destined.

Also SL is a much better allround team on a given day and I somehow feel that luck has been a favouring factor throughout Anhonee's captaincy till date.But things r changing now.

whatever may b t result of toss, whoever bats first, whoever fails to score for India I am sure you will see a billion happy faces on saturday night, why I am saying this? a team who beats AUSTRALIA in the knock out stage of a world cup can only win it from there, yes India will win it for the second time!!

"Anhonee"???? he is limited in capacity as far as batting skill is concerned but fitness, alacrity, faith in the team, momentary explosion and many more.....he is one of the best captain I hv seen
+Quote Post
JS
post Apr 1 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Apr 1 2011, 09:51 AM) *

whatever may b t result of toss, whoever bats first, whoever fails to score for India I am sure you will see a billion happy faces on saturday night, why I am saying this? a team who beats AUSTRALIA in the knock out stage of a world cup can only win it from there, yes India will win it for the second time!!

"Anhonee"???? he is limited in capacity as far as batting skill is concerned but fitness, alacrity, faith in the team, momentary explosion and many more.....he is one of the best captain I hv seen

Coming 2 Anhonee 1st................

he is the biggest shrewd politician I hv ever come across.Dn't forget he is the person who got rid of Ganguly from the 1day Team in Aus when SG was in great form.He is the person who ensured that SG retires as early as possible from all forms of ckt so that he doesn't get any challenges from within as far as captaincy is concerned becos neither Dravid nor Sachin was interested.Pls don't mistake me but by thinking that am a big fan of SG which i am not.

Anhonee is teh guy who has led few players within the team and grouped against Yuvraj so that his career is over.His name hasn't surfaced but from media reports its very clear that it is he who is leading the same.Luckily Yuvi came with some scintillating performances in this WC.

Anhonee................mark my words will b a spent force soon as a person with limited batting technique is very quickly exposed to the outside world.

The only good thing in him is his coolness which is a natural instinct he has developed but a CAPTAIN SHOULD LEAD BY EXAMPLE by performing which he isn't.

Coming to beating Australia it can always happen in 1 match and that also a side which has lost much of its strngths.But still let India beat Aussies consistently 1st for few matches and then we will discuss.1 win doesn't prove anything.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Apr 1 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Apr 1 2011, 10:22 AM) *

Coming 2 Anhonee 1st................

he is the biggest shrewd politician I hv ever come across.Dn't forget he is the person who got rid of Ganguly from the 1day Team in Aus when SG was in great form.He is the person who ensured that SG retires as early as possible from all forms of ckt so that he doesn't get any challenges from within as far as captaincy is concerned becos neither Dravid nor Sachin was interested.Pls don't mistake me but by thinking that am a big fan of SG which i am not.

Anhonee is teh guy who has led few players within the team and grouped against Yuvraj so that his career is over.His name hasn't surfaced but from media reports its very clear that it is he who is leading the same.Luckily Yuvi came with some scintillating performances in this WC.

I don't want to get into all these, u hv this version, someone may hv different version, better not to indulge in "off field" activities as there is no end to it yet doesn't prove a single point that happens "on field"

Anhonee................mark my words will b a spent force soon as a person with limited batting technique is very quickly exposed to the outside world.

how many Indian batsmen crossed an average of 50 in ODI? u know the answer, and mark my word MSD will be remembered as "the best Captain" India has ever produced in terms of accolades, success, series win, memorable victories......, already a T20 WC title, No. 1 Test team, wait for more, all these obviously obtained by a strong team effort

The only good thing in him is his coolness which is a natural instinct he has developed but a CAPTAIN SHOULD LEAD BY EXAMPLE by performing which he isn't.

absolutely wrong, this shows how unfair u r!! a player can not be judged by one tourney, if someone doesn't perform he can't hv a above 40 average that too coming at number 5/6, can he?? this WC Gautam Gambhir has scored 296 @ avg. 37 and MSD has scored 150 @ avg. 30, a out of form player compares this with the number 3, it shows how much India expects from him.

Coming to beating Australia it can always happen in 1 match and that also a side which has lost much of its strngths.But still let India beat Aussies consistently 1st for few matches and then we will discuss.1 win doesn't prove anything.

yes Australia has been the true champion! but that is not the point, on that day whoever wins that matters? how many times can Australia repeat 2003 final batting? how many time can Jaysuriya turn the ball big time? answers to these questions speaks all

Indian team under MSD has done exceedingly well and any attempt to dub it as something else will just fall apart
+Quote Post
dhamaka
post Apr 1 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(indydave @ Apr 1 2011, 05:17 AM) *

Interesting, Joydeep, but not as rare as you think. :)

Calendar years repeat themselves fairly regularly. Based on how they are spaced from a preceding leap year, the cycles differ slightly.

For example, 2011 is the 3rd year after the last leap year (2008), and repeats in a 11-11-6 cycle.
The last calendar year that matched 2011 was 2005 (6 years ago), the one before that was 1994, and the one before that was 1983 (as you pointed out).

The next such year would be 2022,
Indydave

Okk...thanks, Dave. I wasn't aware of that. So what you're saying is, it repeats every 11 years, right?
+Quote Post
JS
post Apr 2 2011, 01:22 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Apr 1 2011, 02:31 PM) *

Indian team under MSD has done exceedingly well and any attempt to dub it as something else will just fall apart

Arnab u dn't want 2 get into those thats ur wish but they can never b termed as off the field activities.Its very much an integral part of the game.When Sachin brought in Samir Dighe for couple of series or SG brought in Saba Karim none spared them in criticiisng saying both the captns r playing their quota players.A player of Sachin's stature and a captain as successfulk like SG had to face this.

Coming to Anhonee's batting performance he is one bloke who has a faulty technique and is already xposed with his limitations.The runs he has scored just check the record books and u will b shockingly astonished the percentage of runs he has scored in the slow sub-continent wickets.His avg is good the sole reason being in the initial part of his career he batted in the top 4.

Coming to the T20 win well the wholoe wold was just understanding the game and courtesy Misbah Ul Haq the game was given on a platter to India.Anhonee made a blunder of a decision of letting that shivering Yoginder bowl the last over who with all his limitations almost lost the match for us.Something similar he did with Nehra against SA this WC also.

Lastly this No.1 team bla bla was not dne by Anhonee.4 players who largely contributed for this are Sachin,Viru,Bhaji and Zaheer.And like Rome was not built in a single day the pavement was created by SG's leadership in the early part of 2000 followed by Anil Kumble's 2 years of brilliant leadership.
+Quote Post
indydave
post Apr 2 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(dhamaka @ Apr 1 2011, 05:07 AM) *

Okk...thanks, Dave. I wasn't aware of that. So what you're saying is, it repeats every 11 years, right?

Depending on how many years after the last leap year. 2011 is the third year after the last leap year (2008), so the 2011 calendar will repeat after 11 years (2022), then after another 11 years (2033), then after 6 years (2039), and then again after 11 years (2050) ... the pattern for the third year after a leap year is 11-11-6-11-11-6-11-11 ...

Indydave
+Quote Post
dhamaka
post Apr 2 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

+Quote Post
JS
post Apr 3 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Well...........................a great win.Brilliant innings played by Gambhir,Virat but 2 b fair and honest 1 of the best ever knocks I saw Anhonee play 2day.Fantastic knock under pressure with able support from Yuvraj.

275 always wld b a steep target specially at Wankhede with India chasing in a WC final and also the outfield not as fast as Mohali.But what helped India also without taking any due credit from the batters is 1)Sanga shldn't hv been defensive after 2 wkts India lost at 31 and 2)The dew played a significant part for the spinners not able 2 grip the ball properly and couldn't bowl up 2 the mark.

But overall superb performance by the Indian team.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Apr 4 2011, 11:05 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Apr 1 2011, 9:51 AM) *

I predicted this in advance, no credits for that, this team has really something to cheer about, for MSD wait and see where he reaches with his limited batting ability yet rarest of rare die hard attitude, superb fitness and the ability to absorb pressure, with a team effort and MSD at the helm

India became No. 1 test side
India became No 1 ODI side
India won T20 WC
almost beat every team on their backyard
CSK won one IPL and one runner-up title

things will get even better..............
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:06 AM