IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Udit Narayan have to say about Rafi Sahab - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Udit Narayan have to say about Rafi Sahab
rdfan
post Aug 22 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #1

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 946

I came across this article on the web, thought of sharing with the rest.

Welcome any comments and/or discussion on current playback singers respect and/or their experience.

UDIT NARAYAN:
I admire all our great singers, but to me Rafi-Saab is the ultimate. I could not believe my luck when Rajesh Roshanji gave me my first break with a song in which I sang live with my idol -I felt blessed, especially after Rafisaab told me not to be nervous as he too had felt the same way at his first few recordings! Even today I try to emulate his great qualities, like his soothing voice that was as pure and as unadulterated as crystal-clear water. Yes, I am proud to say that I come from the Mohammed Rafi school.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Binod
post Sep 15 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,218

QUOTE(rdfan @ Aug 22 2006, 12:14 PM) *

I came across this article on the web, thought of sharing with the rest.

Welcome any comments and/or discussion on current playback singers respect and/or their experience.

UDIT NARAYAN:
I admire all our great singers, but to me Rafi-Saab is the ultimate. I could not believe my luck when Rajesh Roshanji gave me my first break with a song in which I sang live with my idol -I felt blessed, especially after Rafisaab told me not to be nervous as he too had felt the same way at his first few recordings! Even today I try to emulate his great qualities, like his soothing voice that was as pure and as unadulterated as crystal-clear water. Yes, I am proud to say that I come from the Mohammed Rafi school.

The great thing about Udit is that unlike other Rafi clones, he only tried to emulate Rafi's style and not copy his voice slavishly. That is why an ordinary singer from Nepal could make it big in the Hindi silver screen. He must have guessed it was futile to try and be Rafi, a fact which even Mahendra Kapoor the great artist failed to do in his singing assignments. Of course, Mahendra Kapoor had the added constraint of being pitted against the living legend himself as he was concurrently in the music market during Rafi's lifetime itself.

Binod.
+Quote Post
rdfan
post Sep 16 2006, 06:17 AM
Post #3

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(Binod @ Sep 14 2006, 10:10 PM) *

The great thing about Udit is that unlike other Rafi clones, he only tried to emulate Rafi's style and not copy his voice slavishly. That is why an ordinary singer from Nepal could make it big in the Hindi silver screen. He must have guessed it was futile to try and be Rafi, a fact which even Mahendra Kapoor the great artist failed to do in his singing assignments. Of course, Mahendra Kapoor had the added constraint of being pitted against the living legend himself as he was concurrently in the music market during Rafi's lifetime itself.

Binod,
I totally agree with you. Yes, Udit in that respect has certainly made it big in the playback arena. Mahendra K actually took taleem under Great Rahi Sahab.
thanks for your feedback.
+Quote Post
Binod
post Sep 16 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE(rdfan @ Sep 15 2006, 08:47 PM) *

Binod,
I totally agree with you. Yes, Udit in that respect has certainly made it big in the playback arena. Mahendra K actually took taleem under Great Rahi Sahab.
thanks for your feedback.

That was the greatness of Rafi. He felt that singing was more important than the singer. That is why to enhance the singing field he felt competition was necessary and he actively fostered that by grooming his own clones. Who would welcome their own "soutens"? But this was Rafi. He did not care for his image. He sang for everyone, including third rate commedians. But instead of being pulled down to their levels, their careers got boosted and commedians began to be regarded as highly sought after artists on their own rights. He did not even care for money if you recall the 'royalty' issue he had with Lata when she boycotted all duets with him for several years.

He is even reported to have said that he did not have a good voice. Perhaps that is why he was so voice conscious and always was so meticulous and put forth his best effort, being always serious even in rendering ordinary songs. I think if he were still alive today unlike some of the jaded yesteryear singers this self-effacing giant would have just promoted music and not himself. He would not try to hog the limelight by give croaking and rasping playback renditions to a twenty-something actor. Instead he would have concentrated on grooming many Mahendra Kapoors and these Mahendra Kapoors would be better that the original one because he would then have devoted his whole life to teaching.

Binod.
+Quote Post
rdfan
post Sep 20 2006, 02:36 AM
Post #5

OurHFMites
Group Icon

very valid coment Binod, I totally agree.
+Quote Post
suhana_saffar
post Oct 4 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 287

QUOTE(Binod @ Sep 16 2006, 01:30 AM) *

That was the greatness of Rafi. He felt that singing was more important than the singer. That is why to enhance the singing field he felt competition was necessary and he actively fostered that by grooming his own clones. Who would welcome their own "soutens"? But this was Rafi. He did not care for his image. He sang for everyone, including third rate commedians. But instead of being pulled down to their levels, their careers got boosted and commedians began to be regarded as highly sought after artists on their own rights. He did not even care for money if you recall the 'royalty' issue he had with Lata when she boycotted all duets with him for several years.

He is even reported to have said that he did not have a good voice. Perhaps that is why he was so voice conscious and always was so meticulous and put forth his best effort, being always serious even in rendering ordinary songs. I think if he were still alive today unlike some of the jaded yesteryear singers this self-effacing giant would have just promoted music and not himself. He would not try to hog the limelight by give croaking and rasping playback renditions to a twenty-something actor. Instead he would have concentrated on grooming many Mahendra Kapoors and these Mahendra Kapoors would be better that the original one because he would then have devoted his whole life to teaching.
Binod.

Wow....its a treat to read a good post after such a long time. Well done Binod ji, totally agreed. Rafisaab is the best thing that happened to HFM and music in general.
+Quote Post
Binod
post Oct 5 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_saffar @ Oct 4 2006, 06:04 AM) *

Wow....its a treat to read a good post after such a long time. Well done Binod ji, totally agreed. Rafisaab is the best thing that happened to HFM and music in general.

Thanks.

Binod
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:22 PM