IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
onging Series with Aus - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> onging Series with Aus
arnab
post Oct 5 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 524

after 3rd ODI, t bottomline is
different venue, diferent day, same result

a few my observaions

1. 5 out of 8 Indian batsmen (who hv a reputation of scoring by cricketing shots) summed up 10 runs - so thats it, so whats next try with 10 batsmen?? 2day we played with 8 batsmen but was it any different?? in a pitch that was dead and had nothing for bowlers

#we were beaten by the pace a number of times
#3 of our top class batsmen got out in a straight wicket-to-wicket deliveries, one cudn't reach t ball and two played across and missed

so if we r so accurate in batting pitches, whats on card in bowling friendly pitches?????? hope BCCI has done their best 2 help our batting maestros continue 2 build up statistics on odd occasions

2. Few of our T20 heros hv missed out one point - its nt only t verbal aspect of t game but in t cricketing skill aspect of t game they need 2 reply back 2 t australians, replying 2 sledging alone doesn't ensure one a winning performance

3. When needed Johnson bowled at t perfect blockhole 2 finish Yuvraj's journey while Sreesanth in a slog over trying for one end up a juicy full toss outside off stump and obviously t ball was sent 2 t stands by Symonds - do we learn Nything frm it????? yes when u r playing against Australia better do things correctly at t correct moment, failing which punishment will b handed down

thr r many aspects I can still write and certainly one of them is India's poor perception abt chasing
Brad Hogg's first 2 overs produced 2 boundaries and a solitary single, is it impossible 2 just place t ball in front of fielders and take 3/4 singles per over????? thats a difference between us and any good chasing team

keep writing.......
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 5 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 63

Arnab.............
Just had a quick glimpse of what u hv wrote.Here r few from my side:

Dn't underestimate Brad Hogg becos he is an intelligent bowler and a rare specie in 2day's ckt world LEFT ARM CHINAMAN GOOGLY.His line and length,spin,nip/bounce off the wkt is commendable and he does hv a good variety.

Well I dn't agree with all these Media & BCCI craps of trying to criticise our players for aggression,verbal and physical gestures bla bla.What u expect?Those son of a goon will do all nonsense on field and we would sit quiet and say nothing????????????What Sreeshanth and Bhaji has done is absolutely perfect and if SG wld hv been the skipper by now those white skin *** would hv understood what sledging and abuse is all about.Its a shame that our media instead of defending our boys is ridiculing them for what they r doing and not questioning those white *** what they r doing.How long will we keep licking those white skin *****?????????
+Quote Post
arnab
post Oct 5 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Oct 5 2007, 06:10 PM) *

Well I dn't agree with all these Media & BCCI craps of trying to criticise our players for aggression,verbal and physical gestures bla bla.What u expect?Those son of a goon will do all nonsense on field and we would sit quiet and say nothing????????????What Sreeshanth and Bhaji has done is absolutely perfect and if SG wld hv been the skipper by now those white skin *** would hv understood what sledging and abuse is all about.Its a shame that our media instead of defending our boys is ridiculing them for what they r doing and not questioning those white *** what they r doing.How long will we keep licking those white skin *****?????????

fine, I also agree with u, its them who hv started these non-sense and now when some one is replying they r acting as innocent, neither Hayden nor Symonds is angel of t game, they r responsible for whats going on

now thats what they think they shud play, but its beyond doubt they also hv backed up by clinical performances, Mcgrath was also a sledging-master but he has also shown on-field what is meant by aggression, my point is one shud always back their aggression with performance, I don't think in t current series Sreesatn has any reason 2 cheer

I say if u want 2 give them a reply give it by playing ckt, atleast till now Australia has given a fitting reply 2 their semifinal loss, I don't agree doing verbal assault and getting knoched down in every match improve our ckt in any sense

and BCCI - less said abt them better it is!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 6 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Oct 5 2007, 10:47 PM) *

I say if u want 2 give them a reply give it by playing ckt, atleast till now Australia has given a fitting reply 2 their semifinal loss, I don't agree doing verbal assault and getting knoched down in every match improve our ckt in any sense

Australia might win the next 20 oneday matches against India but ppl will always remember that India were the 20-20 champions and they beat the Aussies comprehensively in the semis.Tell me how many of us remember that WI had a clean sweep over India 5-0 after the 83 final loss?Still we all refer abt 83 win as our biggest achievement...isn't it?So,I dn't agree Australia is giving a fitting reply bla bla....
Both r 2 different forms of cricket.Lets agree that India played brilliantly and beat all top teams in the world and beat the Aussies black and blue to lift the Cup.It has got nothing 2 do with the present series and thinking of that we shldn't degrade our performance.

Now coming to this series as a seperate entity yes no doubt Aussies r a far superior side and the best thing in them is consistency and bench strength.I still think one basic mistake what the team management and the think tank is doing is................riding on this 20-20 success they are trying 2 focus and give importance too much on young blood and putting unnecessary pressure on the experienced.I still think a Sourav,Sachin and Shewag is very much required in the side where there can be a beautiful blend of youth and experience.Check the Aussies how they compose their side.

Come what may b the result verbal assault must b there if it demands so.Those **** would be given back what they deserve best.Am sorry but I am the follower of Javed Miandad,Arjuna Ranatunga school.........ckt is no more a gentleman's game and its the white skin guys only who r responsible for that.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Oct 6 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Oct 6 2007, 12:11 AM) *

Australia might win the next 20 oneday matches against India but ppl will always remember that India were the 20-20 champions and they beat the Aussies comprehensively in the semis.Tell me how many of us remember that WI had a clean sweep over India 5-0 after the 83 final loss?Still we all refer abt 83 win as our biggest achievement...isn't it?So,I dn't agree Australia is giving a fitting reply bla bla....
Both r 2 different forms of cricket.Lets agree that India played brilliantly and beat all top teams in the world and beat the Aussies black and blue to lift the Cup.It has got nothing 2 do with the present series and thinking of that we shldn't degrade our performance.

true, India performed brilliantly in t T20 WC, they got what they deserved, they beat all t top team, no issue, but don't forget T20 is in its early days, lets see how we play our next T20 assignments

Now coming to this series as a seperate entity yes no doubt Aussies r a far superior side and the best thing in them is consistency and bench strength.I still think one basic mistake what the team management and the think tank is doing is................riding on this 20-20 success they are trying 2 focus and give importance too much on young blood and putting unnecessary pressure on the experienced.I still think a Sourav,Sachin and Shewag is very much required in the side where there can be a beautiful blend of youth and experience.Check the Aussies how they compose their side.

after 2003 WC final we hv played 14 times with them and we hv lost 12 and won 2, does it point something?? winning is a habit, unfortunately losing is also t same, we pack our teams with some of t finest players in buisness and still see our success rate in ODIs

I always wonder
1.do we really plan rationally b4 going 2 a series???
2.do we learn frm our recent mistakes??
3.do we play as a team where in every department one complements other??
4.do we think 2 improve t way we chase? in this regard we hv lost innumerable big matches chasing and at t same time most of our ckt accolades came frm bowling second, with such class batsmen in our side whats t use if we lose even within 10/15 overs??
5.do we really try 2 make our side a world class fielding side?? I don't think India's fielding is of world standard, though we hv improved.

now coming 2 senior-junior issue, any team with any composition can play good cricket if they apply temselves on t ground and play according 2 t situation and nt playing in-tune with cricinfo statsguru

I don't think Australia can't b beaten, they play exactly what is needed, like our seamers r continuously trying 2 extract swing frm some dead pitches and in doing so they r ending up giving plenty of rooms and loads of wides - thats a test ckt where u need 2 focus on swing primarily.....see australian they r nt doing anything extraordinary, just disciplined bowling, keep it straight - wicket 2 wicket, if a batsman makes slightest of mistake he will perish - t result is in our hand......Nway thr r plenty of things that we can learn frm them

Come what may b the result verbal assault must b there if it demands so.Those **** would be given back what they deserve best.Am sorry but I am the follower of Javed Miandad,Arjuna Ranatunga school.........ckt is no more a gentleman's game and its the white skin guys only who r responsible for that.

agreed, but don't u think its so stupid 2 act in full view and get punished while t original creator of all these still doing it out of sight?? so my take is give them t reply t way they give it 2 u, if someone tries 2 distract u during ur batting with dirty words then return it back 2 him when he is in t same situation and pls don't do it publicly so that t whole world see a one-sided picture

+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 6 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

after 2003 WC final we hv played 14 times with them and we hv lost 12 and won 2, does it point something?? winning is a habit, unfortunately losing is also t same, we pack our teams with some of t finest players in buisness and still see our success rate in ODIs

I always wonder
1.do we really plan rationally b4 going 2 a series???
2.do we learn frm our recent mistakes??
3.do we play as a team where in every department one complements other??
4.do we think 2 improve t way we chase? in this regard we hv lost innumerable big matches chasing and at t same time most of our ckt accolades came frm bowling second, with such class batsmen in our side whats t use if we lose even within 10/15 overs??
5.do we really try 2 make our side a world class fielding side?? I don't think India's fielding is of world standard, though we hv improved.

99% for this responsible is BCCI.The day this body will b run by cricketers,sportsmen and not those power loving *** politicians and non cricketers like Niranjan and "Ru B a Ru Shukla"..............things will definitely take a turn for the good.
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 6 2007, 01:06 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

agreed, but don't u think its so stupid 2 act in full view and get punished while t original creator of all these still doing it out of sight?? so my take is give them t reply t way they give it 2 u, if someone tries 2 distract u during ur batting with dirty words then return it back 2 him when he is in t same situation and pls don't do it publicly so that t whole world see a one-sided picture

No I dn't think it looks stupid.The white r not getting punished for some reason or the other now but days are not very far when those *** would b pulled up right left centre............and so long they do that on field keep giving them back the same.Dn't think much abt public and media as both hv very short memory.

Hv u heard of a guy named Derek Randall???He is regarded as one of the most pugnaciuos cricketers England ever produced.This chap when went in2 bat in the Centenary test in 77 I suppose against the Aussies all the australians cktrs started sledging him and in return they started getting a mouthful from him throughtout the Test and even after.He went on2 score one of the best knocks ever played hitting a high 100 and Aussies vowed thereafter never 2 utter a word when Randall is on crease :-)
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 6 2007, 01:10 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

true, India performed brilliantly in t T20 WC, they got what they deserved, they beat all t top team, no issue, but don't forget T20 is in its early days, lets see how we play our next T20 assignments

India will do well in future also...........mark my words.Its too short a form where individual brilliance holds the key than teamwork in which India excels.
+Quote Post
arnab
post Oct 6 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Oct 6 2007, 01:06 AM) *

No I dn't think it looks stupid.The white r not getting punished for some reason or the other now but days are not very far when those *** would b pulled up right left centre............and so long they do that on field keep giving them back the same.Dn't think much abt public and media as both hv very short memory.

well, if one returns it in full vision of third umpire he will b punished with match bans and thats nt going 2 help either him or t team, so he can reply it in a way so that only that **** understands it and leave no evidences

Hv u heard of a guy named Derek Randall???He is regarded as one of the most pugnaciuos cricketers England ever produced.This chap when went in2 bat in the Centenary test in 77 I suppose against the Aussies all the australians cktrs started sledging him and in return they started getting a mouthful from him throughtout the Test and even after.He went on2 score one of the best knocks ever played hitting a high 100 and Aussies vowed thereafter never 2 utter a word when Randall is on crease :-)

this is nt t only instance whr their sledging backfired, 2003 Antigua Test Sarwan replied strongly with mouth and bat and that was the highest run chase in t fourth innings in test ckt history, t point is number of instances whr sledging backfired r far far more less than it unsettle t opponents

+Quote Post
arnab
post Oct 6 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Oct 6 2007, 01:10 AM) *

India will do well in future also...........mark my words.Its too short a form where individual brilliance holds the key than teamwork in which India excels.

but relying on individual brilliance can help in odd occassions and certainly can't match results produced by sustained team effort

what I don't like is within t team Ganguly grp, Dravid grp, Sachin grp, Dhoni grp - this is detrimental 2 our ckt, if it exists at all

yes, public opinion is bit of mob culture, few days back a team composed of new players hv won a tournament so now t opinion is drop senior players, days r nt far when they will claim exactly t opposite when t young team will falter in a series, t point is whoever is in good touch let him play for t country and who is nt in best of his forms help him regain it nt by sending 2 his home but keeping in a separate camp and giving him time 2 practice, think whats going wrong because dropping and sending 2 homes players of Ganguly's or Dravid's or Shewag's calibre never help it only hurts our performance as they all hv proved how good they r
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 7 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

well, if one returns it in full vision of third umpire he will b punished with match bans and thats nt going 2 help either him or t team, so he can reply it in a way so that only that **** understands it and leave no evidences

Do u mean 2 say what the Aussies do the umpires,match referre,ICC dn't get a full vision of that?If they after doing everything goes scot free its time the other nations (non whites) do the same and if charged take it up with ICC in a big way.
My policy is simple - GIVE THEM BACK THEIR OWN MEDICINE
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 7 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(arnab @ Oct 6 2007, 12:00 PM) *

but relying on individual brilliance can help in odd occassions and certainly can't match results produced by sustained team effort

what I don't like is within t team Ganguly grp, Dravid grp, Sachin grp, Dhoni grp - this is detrimental 2 our ckt, if it exists at all

yes, public opinion is bit of mob culture, few days back a team composed of new players hv won a tournament so now t opinion is drop senior players, days r nt far when they will claim exactly t opposite when t young team will falter in a series, t point is whoever is in good touch let him play for t country and who is nt in best of his forms help him regain it nt by sending 2 his home but keeping in a separate camp and giving him time 2 practice, think whats going wrong because dropping and sending 2 homes players of Ganguly's or Dravid's or Shewag's calibre never help it only hurts our performance as they all hv proved how good they r

Groupsim is there all over the world.So its not that Indian ckt suffers alone.Individual brilliance helps in the shortest form of the game.....thats why I said India wld b successful in 20-20 ckt.
+Quote Post
Rishii
post Nov 1 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,156

I AGREE WITH JS THAT THE AUSSIES SHOULD BE GIVEN BACK A DOSE OF THEOR OWN MEDICINE - SLEDGING AND AGGRESSION.........

BUT THE POINT IS THAT .....IT DOESNT COME NATURALLY TO US. AND ALSO LIKE THE AUSSIES WE SHOULD BACK UP OUR AGRESSION WITH RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE.

ALSO WE HAVE TO TOLERATE THE PLAYERS LIKE GANGULY, TENDULKAR AND DRAVID WHO ARE ON THE WAY DOWNHILL.........JUST BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH BENCH STRENGHT TO REPLACE SUCH GREAT PLAYERS. WE DO HAVE RAINA, KAIF, ROHIT SHARMA AND OTHERS BUT THEY ARE NOT CONSISTENT WHEN IT COMES TO PERFORMANCE. IN THE BOWLERS, WE HAVE GOT SOME GOOD ONLY IN LOTS........AFTER CHANDRASHEKHAR AND BEDI WE GOT KAPIL, AND THEN SRINATH AND KUMBLE AND THEN ZAHEER AND IRFAN. BUT THEN THERE IS NO ONE AFTER THAT ......... LOOK AT SREESANTH, RP SINGH ETC.........THEY ARE EFFECTIVE BUT ONLY IN BITS AND PIECES. MAYBE AFTER KUMBLE RETIRES WE WILL STRUGGLE TO EVEN GET THE OPPONENTS OUT 2 TIMES IN TESTS. INDIA BEING THE PIONEERS IN PRODUCING SPIN BOWLERS IS NOW STRUGGLING TO PRODUCE ON QUALITY SPIN BOWLER. ISNT THAT STRANGE AND SHAMEFUL!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 07:40 AM