IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Phuket - Paradise on Earth - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phuket - Paradise on Earth
Randeep
post Oct 8 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #1

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 1,151

Guys let me start writing in this forum with my latest holiday escapade to Phuket which is in the South of Thailand. At First I am herewith uploading some snaps for all of you to see what I mean. I will then go on to write a detailed travelogue and also the budget concerned.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lakshmi
post Oct 8 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #2

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,569

When I click on the pic or try to download, I get an error message. Please help me.

Lakshmi
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 9 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 63

QUOTE(lakshmi @ Oct 8 2007, 05:50 PM) *

When I click on the pic or try to download, I get an error message. Please help me.

Lakshmi

Lakshmiji....
There was some problem in the settings.Its been rectified.Now u can download.

Randeep...........thanks for the snaps.Best wld b if u can upload them in imageshack like this.........am sure the impact wld b much more.

(IMG:http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1536/48723149id7.jpg)
+Quote Post
lakshmi
post Oct 9 2007, 02:14 AM
Post #4

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,569

Thanks Jayant for fixing the problem.

Randeep, lovely photo. Would it be possible to write a few things about it when you have time?

Lakshmi
+Quote Post
JS
post Oct 9 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Randeep...........

Can u pls post few details about the place and also upload few more snaps please.
+Quote Post
Praveen Jaiswal
post Oct 11 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,101

Phuket is a beautiful Place . Though i have not been there , one of my closest friends had been there just 2 days before the Tsunami hit Thailand . he had send me some pics , i will have to dig my comp for it .
+Quote Post
Randeep
post Oct 24 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #7

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(JS @ Oct 9 2007, 08:22 PM) *

Randeep...........

Can u pls post few details about the place and also upload few more snaps please.

Laxmiji, JS and Praveen sorry could not reply to your posts earlier as was quite busy with the Durgapuja that we organise here. Well, Just give me a couple of days more and I will try to make a travelogue available of Phuket ....Sorry for the delay though.
+Quote Post
Randeep
post Oct 31 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #8

OurHFMites
Group Icon

I had been following Laxmi ji's posts on Lighthouses and even though I have a lot of work to finish I could not resist (got back a lot of josh in me) writing about this beautiful place in Thailand known as Phuket. Phuket is easily accessible by flights, ( has an international airport too, with direct flights from Brisbane, Singapore etc) by road or by trains. However the latter two modes are not adviseable for tourists as there are partisan groups down south Thailand and you may face unsolicitated problems. We were a group of 6 families who decided to travel together to this exotic destination in the last week of september 2007. We chose to book our tickets early and hence we got a very good budget airlines rate @ 199 THB + taxes ( approx Rs 229) per person for a one way fare ( we had taken return tickets) through Air Asia.

The Phuket season is between October to April so we got off season discount on the hotel rates also. We got luxurious suites for abt THb 1500/- per night with Free breakfast for 4 days. We hired two cars to go aorund Phuket for the 15 odd people that we had in the group. Car rentals ( self driven) are abt THB 1800 - 2000 per day without gasoline and that in turn saved a lot of costs for us.

We reached Phuket in the evening of Day 1 and planned to visit the Phang Na Bay on Day 2. We drove to Phang Na Bay after having a sumptuous breakfast and reached the Phang Na Pier at about 12 noon. It is around 60 Kms from Phuket to Phang Na Pier by road. After reaching Phang Na Pier we rented a boat ( abt THB 2400/-for the full boat) which will carry all of us to the Phang Na Bay and for sightseeing. We went across the sea to see the wonders of mother nature of the various rock formations and stalactites and stalagmites which are spread all across Phang Na Bay. We went exploring across uninhabited caves and small islands and reached James Bond Island at abt 3.00 p.m. The island was so named because the film shooting of James Bond - The man with the Golden Gun was done there. The Photographs above is mainly of Phang Na Bay and Photograph 4 and 5 are of James Bond island.

Conducted tours are also there from Phuket to Phang Na Bay by speedboat and cruises The rates are about THB 1800 per person for a whole day tour with lunch. I will write about the rest of Phuket soon.
+Quote Post
banerjees
post Oct 31 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #9

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

Very well written Rano.

Sounds very exciting. I am seriously thinking a trip there some time. Will bothe rU more then :-).

Regards
-Sanjib
+Quote Post
Randeep
post Nov 1 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #10

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(banerjees @ Oct 31 2007, 09:19 PM) *

Very well written Rano.

Sounds very exciting. I am seriously thinking a trip there some time. Will bothe rU more then :-).

Regards
-Sanjib

You are welcome anyday Sanjib Bhai be my guest...
+Quote Post
JS
post Nov 6 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

xcellent Rano...
will post soon.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 07:55 AM