IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 44 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
IPB WARNING [2] implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed (Line: 51 of /sources/action_public/D2mods/MVTT/_mvtt.php)
Double Treats: My Favorite Lata Duets - OurHFM

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Radio Status
The Radio Is Currently Offline If you would like to view the radio schedules click HERE

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Double Treats: My Favorite Lata Duets
kjay
post Dec 5 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #21

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Group: OurHFMite
Member No.: 43

Dear All,

Am also adding my own wish list of some more great Lataji duets with the redoubtable Mahendra Kapoor.

1 Ae Mere Pyaar Bata Kyon Hua Mujhese Khafa (GharBasakeDekho – Chitragupta)

2 Chandrama Jaa Unse Kehde (BharatMilap – Vasant Desai)

3 Hame Teri Nazar Ne Hai Luta (BadaAdmi – Chitragupta)

4 Koi Aanewaala Hai Chaand Ki Doliya Pe (MeraQusoorKyaHai – Chitragupta)

Sorry Madhviji for regressing back in your thread (from Dwijen Mukherjee to Mahendra Kapoor), but the opportunity was to tempting to pass by. Besides, you would most probably be one of the few fellow members having the Chitragupt numbers.

Jay
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Dec 6 2005, 12:27 AM
Post #22

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(kjay @ Dec 5 2005, 11:08 PM) *

Veekayji,
The Lataji-Mahendra Kapoor duet is indeed from Sangeet Samrat Tansen, with some real great music by SN Tripathi.

And of course, your request for the second duet (from Ram Rajya or is it Bharat Milap?) remains..

Jay

Thanks Veekay for asking for this lovely track, and Jay thank you so much for it. Did not have have it.

QUOTE(kjay @ Dec 5 2005, 11:30 PM) *

Dear All,

Am also adding my own wish list of some more great Lataji duets with the redoubtable Mahendra Kapoor.

1 Ae Mere Pyaar Bata Kyon Hua Mujhese Khafa (GharBasakeDekho Chitragupta)

2 Chandrama Jaa Unse Kehde (BharatMilap Vasant Desai)

3 Hame Teri Nazar Ne Hai Luta (BadaAdmi Chitragupta)

4 Koi Aanewaala Hai Chaand Ki Doliya Pe (MeraQusoorKyaHai Chitragupta)

Sorry Madhviji for regressing back in your thread (from Dwijen Mukherjee to Mahendra Kapoor), but the opportunity was to tempting to pass by. Besides, you would most probably be one of the few fellow members having the Chitragupt numbers.

Jay

Unfortunately do not have any of the tracks that you have asked for. Here are two more Lata-Mahendra tracks under the LP baton. The Nagin song was very popular during its time but the Night in London track is reasonably rare.

LP-Nagin(1976)-Tere Sang Pyar(LM_MKap_VMalik)
LP-Night in London(1967)-Sun Aye Bahar-e-husn(LM_MKap_ABak)
+Quote Post
veekay
post Dec 6 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #23

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Member No.: 318

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 5 2005, 06:57 PM) *

Unfortunately do not have any of the tracks that you have asked for. Here are two more Lata-Mahendra tracks under the LP baton. The Nagin song was very popular during its time but the Night in London track is reasonably rare.

Thanks mmuk and Jay. Never mind. It is good to share the feeling of nostalgia about good old days songs with connoisseurs (never mind the spelling) like you. Another song that haunts me is a lata-bhpupendra duet that goes like
'ye paudhe ye patte ye phool ye hawaayain, man kare main jhoomoon , jhoomoon main gaaun'

Dont know the films name or other detail. And Jay you seem to be right about Bharat Milap. Can you guess the above mentioned song also.
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Dec 7 2005, 12:03 PM
Post #24

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(veekay @ Dec 6 2005, 11:18 PM) *

Thanks mmuk and Jay. Never mind. It is good to share the feeling of nostalgia about good old days songs with connoisseurs (never mind the spelling) like you. Another song that haunts me is a lata-bhpupendra duet that goes like
'ye paudhe ye patte ye phool ye hawaayain, man kare main jhoomoon , jhoomoon main gaaun'

Dont know the films name or other detail. And Jay you seem to be right about Bharat Milap. Can you guess the above mentioned song also.

Veekay, thanks for your appreciation.

Did an earthmusic search and came up with this info:
Film: Ek Baar Phir
MD: Raghunath Seth
Lyrics: Vinod Pandey
Singers: Bhupendra and Anuradha Paudwal
+Quote Post
veekay
post Dec 8 2005, 10:32 AM
Post #25

OurHFMite
Group Icon

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 7 2005, 06:33 AM) *

Veekay, thanks for your appreciation.

Did an earthmusic search and came up with this info:
Film: Ek Baar Phir
MD: Raghunath Seth
Lyrics: Vinod Pandey
Singers: Bhupendra and Anuradha Paudwal

Thanks mmuk, wonder if some member can upload it. seems difficult as all individuals involved in the making of this song are not top rung, therefore less poular.
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Dec 11 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #26

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Going back in time to a partnership that was a big hit in the 50s, Lata and Talat Mehmood. Talat Mehmood was discovered by Anil Biswas, who famously advised him to retain the tremor in his voice, something that Talat was self conscious about. Their first song together was the famous "Aye dil mujhe aisi jagah le chal" from Arzoo(1950), sung on screen by Dilip Kumar, for whom Talat went on to sing many more songs. The next venture of the trio(Anil Biswas/Talat/DilipK) was Tarana(1951). Talat's first duet with Lata, "Seene Mein Sulagte Hain Armaan" was a runaway hit, a contributing factor, no doubt, in it being the onscreen chemistry between the lead pair, Dilip Kumar and Madhubala.

The other song is from Sagai in the same year, yet another hit by this pair, this time under the baton of C Ramchandra, Mohabbat Mein Aise Zamane Bhi Aaye.

CR-Sagai(1951)-Mohabbat Mein Aise(LM_TM_RKrishan)
ABiswas-Tarana(1951)-Seene Mein Sulagte Hain(LM_TM_PremD)
+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Dec 11 2005, 11:31 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 295

I dunno whether you like these duets,

Bahut himmat karke upload kar raha hoon

First number:
A lively number from Ujala
Jhoomta mausam mast mahina- Lata and Manna Dey.
Filmed on pair of Mala Sinha and Shammi Kapoor.

Second number
Ye shikayat bhara hai:Chori chori
Jahan main jaati hoon wahin chale aate ho- Lata and Manna Dey.
Picturised on RK and Nargis

I love these tirrrr turrrrr numbers of Shanker Jaikishan.
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Dec 12 2005, 05:42 AM
Post #28

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Dec 11 2005, 11:31 PM) *

I dunno whether you like these duets,

Jahan main jaati hoon wahin chale aate ho- Lata and Manna Dey.
Picturised on RK and Nargis

And two kathputlis... Love both of them, have a soft spot for Jahan main jaati hoon (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/happy.gif)
Thanks BC.
+Quote Post
kjay
post Dec 12 2005, 02:26 PM
Post #29

OurHFMite
Group Icon

Adding my own two-cent worth of Lata-Talat favourites.

Mausam Yeh Pukare from Burma Road (MD Chitragupta)

Sawan Ke Jhule Pade from Pyar Ki Pyas (MD Vasant Desai)

Thanks Bawlachintuji for the Lata - Manna De duets. Madhviji, if you plan to move on to Manna De next, then I will be making a request for a couple of numbers, I have been desperately looking for. But will wait, till I hear from you.

Jay.
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Dec 13 2005, 08:00 AM
Post #30

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(kjay @ Dec 12 2005, 02:26 PM) *

Adding my own two-cent worth of Lata-Talat favourites.

Mausam Yeh Pukare from Burma Road (MD Chitragupta)

Sawan Ke Jhule Pade from Pyar Ki Pyas (MD Vasant Desai)

Thanks Bawlachintuji for the Lata - Manna De duets. Madhviji, if you plan to move on to Manna De next, then I will be making a request for a couple of numbers, I have been desperately looking for. But will wait, till I hear from you.

Jay.

Thanks Jay,

As usual for your wonderful uploads. Will definitely be talking about Lata Manna duets in just a bit. Let us give a bit more exposure to Talat's wonderful voice. If you want the duets right away, just pm me the names of the songs you want and I will send them if I have them. Otherwise we can wait for a few more u/ds and then do the Lata Manna partnership. Am looking forward to your informed comments and observations.

Madhavi
+Quote Post
kjay
post Dec 14 2005, 07:50 AM
Post #31

OurHFMite
Group Icon

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 13 2005, 08:00 AM) *

Thanks Jay,

Will definitely be talking about Lata Manna duets in just a bit. Let us give a bit more exposure to Talat's wonderful voice. If you want the duets right away, just pm me the names of the songs you want and I will send them if I have them. Otherwise we can wait for a few more u/ds and then do the Lata Manna partnership.
Madhavi

Madhaviji,
Thanks for the offer. Will wait till you move on.
Jay
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Dec 15 2005, 07:55 AM
Post #32

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Now for two more Lata-Talat duets under Madan Mohan's baton.

The Madan Mohan/Talat Mehmood partnership gave hindi films some of the best ghazals composed in films. "Meri Yaad Mein Tum Na Aansoo Bahana"(Madhosh:1951), "Berehem Aasman(Bahana:1960), and "Hamse Aaya Na Gaya"(Dekh Kabira Roya:1957) ,are some of the many examples that come to mind immediately.

The two duets u/d are seven years apart: Teri Chamakti Aankhon Mein(Chhote Babu:1957) and Aye Sanam Aaj Yeh Kasam Khayen(Jahanara:1964), the second one the last major effort by the duo to rejuvenate Talat's flagging career. What an album it was, it did not revive Talat's career, but is now remembered with such awe by the critics.

The "Teri Chamakti Aankhon " track is preceded a very brief introduction by Lata.

MM-Chhote Babu(1957)-Teri Chamakti Aankhon(LM_TM)
MM-Jahanara(1964)-Aye Sanam Aaj Ye Kasam(LM_TM_RKrishan)
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Dec 16 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #33

OurHFMites
Group Icon

Now for two incredible early SDB compositions. Lata's voice was so sweet in the fifties and Talat provided the perfect compliment with his "silky" voice, there is such wistfulness in the soft melodies they created.

SDB:Buzdil(1951)-Dar Lage Duniya Se(LM_TM_KAzmi)
SDB:Angarey(1954)-Tere Saath Chal Rahe Hain(LM_TM_Sahir)
+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Dec 16 2005, 12:48 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 295

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 16 2005, 06:51 AM) *

Now for two incredible early SDB compositions. Lata's voice was so sweet in the fifties and Talat provided the perfect compliment with his "silky" voice, there is such wistfulness in the soft melodies they created.

SDB:Buzdil(1951)-Dar Lage Duniya Se(LM_TM_KAzmi)
SDB:Angarey(1954)-Tere Saath Chal Rahe Hain(LM_TM_Sahir)

Thanks a lot madam M. Excellent descriptive writing.
wo din door nahin jab you will find your posts highlighted
in the pinned series of this forum. Incredible expressing ability. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Dec 17 2005, 02:43 AM
Post #35

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Dec 16 2005, 12:48 PM) *

Thanks a lot madam M. Excellent descriptive writing.
wo din door nahin jab you will find your posts highlighted
in the pinned series of this forum. Incredible expressing ability. (IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/Bow.gif)

Thank you BC for your appreciation and encouragement.

One cannot really move away from the Lata-Talat duets without mentioning the two very famous Salil da compositions, both composed in the sixties. Note that the pace in both the duets is much faster, something rare in Talat numbers but then Salil da was known for his innovations even when he is borrowing, very obviously and boldly.

SC-Chhaya(1961)-Itna Na Mujhse Tu (TM_LM_RKrishan)
SC-Usne Kaha Tha(1960)-Aha Rimjhim Ke(LM_TM_Shail)

I am not uploading these two songs as they are extremely popular and are available in any number of combinations.

Instead let me establish some amount of continuity by u/d two rare Lata/Manna duets under Salil Choudhury's baton...will add my comments later. Please feel free to add your comments, observations, u/ds..

SC-Sangat(1975)-Balma mora aanchara(LM_MDey).mp3
SC-Mere Bhaiyya(1972)-marzi hai tumhari(LM_MDey).mp3
+Quote Post
Milind9
post Dec 17 2005, 08:07 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 311

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 11 2005, 01:33 PM) *

Talat Mehmood was discovered by Anil Biswas, who famously advised him to retain the tremor in his voice, something that Talat was self conscious about. Their first song together was the famous "Aye dil mujhe aisi jagah le chal" from Arzoo(1950), sung on screen by Dilip Kumar..

I've read that, in fact, Vinod first recorded Talat Mahmood for the songs of 'Anmol Ratan' including 'Jab kisi ke rukh par julphein aake lehraane lagi'.However, as Arzoo was released earlier than Anmol Ratan, the perpetually unlucky Vinod lost the credit of giving Talat his first film song to Anil Biswas.It's an unfair world!
(IMG:style_emoticons/OurHFMEmot/angry.gif)
Milind
+Quote Post
veekay
post Dec 17 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #37

OurHFMite
Group Icon

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 15 2005, 02:25 AM) *

The Madan Mohan/Talat Mehmood partnership gave hindi films some of the best ghazals composed in films. "Meri Yaad Mein Tum Na Aansoo Bahana"(Madhosh:1951), "Berehem Aasman(Bahana:1960), and "Hamse Aaya Na Gaya"(Dekh Kabira Roya:1957) ,are some of the many examples that come to mind immediately.

The two duets u/d are seven years apart: Teri Chamakti Aankhon Mein(Chhote Babu:1957) and Aye Sanam Aaj Yeh Kasam Khayen(Jahanara:1964), the second one the last major effort by the duo to rejuvenate Talat's flagging career. What an album it was, it did not revive Talat's career, but is now remembered with such awe by the critics.
The "Teri Chamakti Aankhon " track is preceded a very brief introduction by Lata.

Another song by the same duo under tha baton of the same great MD madan mohan that comes to mind is
'Yeh nai nai preet hai , tu hi to mera meet hai' from the film Pocetmaar. I think it was around the same time as Chhote Babu, or earlier.
+Quote Post
kjay
post Dec 18 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #38

OurHFMite
Group Icon

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 17 2005, 02:43 AM) *

Instead let me establish some amount of continuity by u/d two rare Lata/Manna duets under Salil Choudhury's baton...will add my comments later. Please feel free to add your comments, observations, u/ds..

Madhaviji,

After these great Lataji-Manna De duets by Salil Chaudhari and Shankar Jaikishen (thanks to Bawlachintuji), I am uploading two more by Vasant Desai. Known for his close association with V Shantaram, he (Vasant Desai) always came up with compositions which blended perfectly with the storyline, and at the same time were different and captivating.

The first duet is from School Master, and the next (more of a chorus really) from Do Ankeh Barah Haath. (Sorry for the change in sequence while uploading)

Jay
+Quote Post
veekay
post Dec 18 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #39

OurHFMite
Group Icon

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 15 2005, 02:25 AM) *

Madhaviji , I am uploading a Lata-Chitalkar(C.Ramchandra) duet from Baarish. It is said that CRamC, either had some khatpat with Talat or Talat was not available for recording the songs so he substituted Talat with his own voice. The silkyness of Talat is missing though he has done fairly well in this song. Another song that falls in this domain is from Aazad 'Kitna haseen hai mausam'
I dont have this later song.
i shall also be u/ling a Hemant-Lata duet from Naya Aadmi after some time.
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Dec 21 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #40

OurHFMites
Group Icon

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 16 2005, 03:13 PM) *

Thank you BC for your appreciation and encouragement.

One cannot really move away from the Lata-Talat duets without mentioning the two very famous Salil da compositions, both composed in the sixties. Note that the pace in both the duets is much faster, something rare in Talat numbers but then Salil da was known for his innovations even when he is borrowing, very obviously and boldly.

SC-Chhaya(1961)-Itna Na Mujhse Tu (TM_LM_RKrishan)
SC-Usne Kaha Tha(1960)-Aha Rimjhim Ke(LM_TM_Shail)

I am not uploading these two songs as they are extremely popular and are available in any number of combinations.

SC-Sangat(1975)-Balma mora aanchara(LM_MDey).mp3
SC-Mere Bhaiyya(1972)-marzi hai tumhari(LM_MDey).mp3

Note the first upload from Sangat, Balma mora aanchara... Begins with a casual, easy humming by Lata, followed by shehani(?), then moves to classical effortlessly rendered by Lata, then guitar... picked up by Manna. Incredible experimentation by Salilda. The song swings between Indian classical and western music so effortlessly, a typical and a very bold example of Salil Choudhury's famous blending of East and West. Amazing... that's what I feel like saying everytime I hear this song.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Members That Have Viewed This Topic Today ()

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 05:49 PM